Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2012, 02:03 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,116,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Given his breathing and tone of voice after he answers "OK" its clear he wasn't running or even walking fast any longer. OK, I'll admit, he could have been walking slowly for the additional 1 1/2 minutes he was on the phone. But it's pretty clear he wasn't chasing Martin during that time.
Unless Zimmerman is an Olympic caliber athlete is breathing didn't return to normal but that is another issue. My point is that you don't know what direction Zimmerman was moving in. Additionally, you have the statement of Zimmerman's girl friend that she overheard a verbal confrontation not an ambush of Zimmerman from behind. Now the girl could be lying, Martin stayed on the phone while ambushing Zimmerman (phone record timelines) or who knows. The point is you don't, so please let's not play who listened to what.

Frankly, I've long stopped arguing the "facts" once Zimmerman was charged. It is the in the hands of the state's attorney, his defense, a judge and a jury. When the trial begins, most likely a year or more from now, I'll be more than happy to argue the facts.

If there is a suggestion to heeded I would suggest that you do the same.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:35 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,923,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You are correct Swagger. Doubt that when he is let go(and he will be)that I, nor people like me will be satisfied. We have seen it to many times
LOL....The situation that swagger presented would be considered justice!!

And you just said you have a problem with justice??? What is you definition of justice then?

Old 05-19-2012, 02:36 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,251,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Here's some interesting information about GZ:

Trayvon Martin Case: George Zimmerman Made Racist Remarks At Work (LISTEN)

He said that he complained to management about Zimmerman's behavior, and Zimmerman was eventually "fired for calling the HR hotline so many times."

Sound familiar?
A portrait emerges.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:36 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,973,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Oh was that all the nonsense conspiracy stuff about his dad? I can't keep the excuses straight anymore. The fact is that he doesn't have any convictions or guilty pleas. He could be arrested for murder in the past, it doesn't mean much if he wasn't convicted.
Trayvon Martin was never convicted of anything in the past either. In fact, he wasn't even arrested or has a juvenile offender record. Yet people here seem to think it's okay to keeping mentioning a couple of high school suspensions and call him a "thug" because of them. Yet when any of George Zimmerman's past offenses are brought up, they vehemently protest their relevance. It's not much different from saying[URL="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7bSB9gh_L7s/T2IUZ4g7RvI/AAAAAAAAEqA/01fr1Da35QM/s640/trayvon-martin.jpg"] this person is a thug [/URL] because he was wearing a hoodie, but this guy's [URL="http://media.nj.com/jets_impact/photo/bill-belichick-hoodiejpg-ac20e210d0cb4eab.jpg"]"Coach of the Year"[/URL]

See a pattern here?

Old 05-19-2012, 02:37 PM

Ok, so we are painting a picture of a paranoid and anxious man.....

It is clear that Zimmerman had anxiety issues. Why did they find him fit to carry a gun then if it was THAT serious?

And if anybody is going to play the "anxiety" and "paranoid" card... let's end all murder 1 talk now please, thanks.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:39 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,086,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
harrier, same kid only with a hoodie on.
I'm sure that Charles Manson was a cute kid too!

Old 05-19-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Trayvon Martin was never convicted of anything in the past either. In fact, he wasn't even arrested or has a juvenile offender record. Yet people here seem to think it's okay to keeping mentioning a couple of high school suspensions and call him a "thug" because of them. Yet when any of George Zimmerman's past offenses are brought up, they vehemently protest their relevance. It's not much different from saying this person is a thug because he was wearing a hoodie, but this guy's "Coach of the Year" Someone recently said to me, when talking about this case, that Black people should know how to dress so they look respectable. However, he also said Sean Bell was suspicious for being at a strip club during his bachelor party and Amadou Diallo was an idiot for reaching for his wallet to show his ID. See a pattern here?
he was caught with drug paraphernalia.....the school decided NOT to call authorities. Tht would have been more than a hint at a juvenile record.

He was caught with jewelry that WASN'T his by his own admission....that HINTS at a lot...

He vandalized a locker...called himself "No Limit N****"....Gave fingers to the camera...and carried a large flat bladed screwdriver in his bookbag again, for what reason???

He was only 17...but clearly this was not a very guided individual....

This is nothing like Sean Bell and Amadu Diallo...nothing....

Old 05-19-2012, 02:50 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,973,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Ok, so we are painting a picture of a paranoid and anxious man.....

It is clear that Zimmerman had anxiety issues. Why did they find him fit to carry a gun then if it was THAT serious?

And if anybody is going to play the "anxiety" and "paranoid" card... let's end all murder 1 talk now please, thanks.
I agree he is not guilty of murder 1 or murder 2. I think Angela Corey was trying to send a message and hoping for a manslaughter plea or conviction, if this ever goes to trial.

"They" didn't find him fit to carry a gun. The system did. His 2 third degree felonies were reduced to a misdemeanor. He was only 21 or 22 and it's not uncommon in Florida for young offenders to be given a chance to complete a program assigned by the court. Because of this, he was able to get a gun permit. In a state with 18 million people, they don't look that closely at individual records. You either meet the criteria or you don't. Once the felonies were reduced, the red flag that would have stopped him from getting the concealed weapons permit was removed.

I want to add something, but please don't think I am comparing George Zimmerman with a sex offender, however, when I saw your question, the first thing I thought of was someone like John Couey. How did he slip through the system? How do so many drivers with multiple DUIs end up killing people? When someone asks a question like "how did they" it's as if there are individuals sitting down and meeting to discuss each case. I mean, in Arizona, Jared Loughner was able to get a gun and kill several people, including a 9 year old girl, and he is mentally ill. Again, I'm not even implying that Zimmerman is mentally deranged. I'm only saying the system isn't perfect.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:51 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,548,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Trayvon Martin Seen in 7-11 Surveillance Video Prior to Shooting - Yahoo!

Compare what Trayvon Martin looked like to George Zimmerman on the night of his tragic death to the picture the MSM continually spread around in their shameless attempt to influence public opinion against Zimmermann without giving a chance for all the facts to come out.

Whether Mr. Zimmermann or Trayvon Martin was more responsible for the events that led to Trayvon's unneccesary death is irrelevant(except for in the justice system). The MSM is guilty of manipulating the information the public received in order to produce a bias. They shouldn't be taken seriously ever again.
I'll simply reply with the same observation I already made a few weeks ago. This was an easy one. Some 17 year old kid was walking home, when some buffoon decided he looked "suspicious" based on nothing reasonable, ran after him, and ultimately shot him. This is a tragedy, by any measure. All conservatives had to do, was express kind feelings for the family, and move on.

Instead, they mostly decided to proclaim the victim as a "thug", and someone who deserved to be shot and killed. Sites like Breitbart, Daily Caller, and Wagist thought it would be a good idea to cherry-pick tweets and friends' photos. And now, we're supposed to be terrified of a picture of Martin in a hoodie, as if a black-and-white picture of Martin in a hoodie hadn't been widely circulated and used at rallies across the country.

And come next November, we'll all be treated to yet another round of "why don't black people vote for republicans?"

Old 05-19-2012, 02:59 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,058,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I'm sure that Charles Manson was a cute kid too!
I wouldn't call him "cute" because that is not my thing(not suggesting it is yours either!) but he certainly doesn't look like the image everyone usually has in their mind when they think of him.

Charles Manson (source unknown).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.