Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 04:54 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,448,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
If I feel my life is in danger, hell, yeah. And it wasn't a "simple action." There is much reason to believe Zimmerman did more than "follow" Martin.
Like what exactly?

Quote:
I'm a 300-pound black man. If I followed you and confronted you, I'm pretty sure you'd be scared. You'd probably shoot me.
Zimmerman was not violating Trayvon's personal space just observing his movements. He is free to do so. If following was against the law than the paparazzi would be out of business.

I'll ask again why do African Americans feel that violence is an acceptable response to social annoyances?

Old 05-16-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Apparently walking down the street as a black man is indication of guilt and requires immediate pursuit and confrontation. Good to know, I'll file this away for future use.
Yup young Black males are prone to violence so they should be viewed warily.

Philly Man Threw Hot Coffee At A Donut Shop Employee Over $2.40! - YouTube

Johnny Aparico attacked: Army soldier, 24, savagely beaten and robbed by thugs on his way home | Mail Online

In this particular case the development had experienced a rash of burglaries and other crimes, the overwhelming majority committed by non-resident young black males, that would match the profile of Trayvon.

Zimmerman was just doing his civic duty following Trayvon, who has had been suspected of burglary in the past.

The African-American community could use some George Zimmermans.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
The cognitive dissonance is strong amongst you "youth crime apologists".

Instead of addressing the facts of this case, you continue to use an appeal to emotion, stating "a child is dead" and other emotion-based arguments, yet y'all refuse to logically refute the facts.

Also, ad hominem attacks dramatically decrease the credibility of your arguments, for future reference. Then again, based on your posting history, I'm assuming you haven't taken a course in introductory logic.

Maybe I should change my user name to "White and Proud" in honor of your fellow comrade "Black and Proud". I am a "Stormfronter" yet "Black and Proud" is "da troof". I couldn't imagine the vitriol that would be spewed at a poster on here named "White and Proud". Just another example of the ignorant nature of you and your fellow cronies on here. Hypocrites.
Yup very few of them can debate on the merits of a story.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:02 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,863,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yup young Black males are prone to violence so they should be viewed warily.

The African-American community could use some George Zimmermans.
Your post is racist!

Old 05-16-2012, 05:20 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,562,078 times
So what EdwardA is saying is that HE (as a Black man) is prone to violence so he should be viewed warily. So nice of EdwardA to police himself. And should he be confronted by a George Zimmerman type....

Old 05-16-2012, 05:32 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,582,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Like what exactly?

Zimmerman was not violating Trayvon's personal space just observing his movements. He is free to do so. If following was against the law than the paparazzi would be out of business.

I'll ask again why do African Americans feel that violence is an acceptable response to social annoyances?
Really? What a load of baloney! Zimmermann calls 911 and tells them "there is somebody suspicious" and he looks like he is on "drugs"!
Trayvon apparently had access to the community since it is "gated" so it's obvious he knew somebody that lived there hence his father.
Sanford is a lily white city so I can only imagine when this so called "wanna be" cop thought when he sees a young black male dressed in a "hoodie" comes walking through his neighborhood.
The 911 Operator told him not to "follow" him and what did he do? The exact opposite!
There are various witnesses as well. What exactly was Trayvon doing besides walking to his father's house that is so "suspicious"?
Zimmermann never explained what made him suspicious about Trayvon. Was he breaking into a house or a car?
The "paparazzi" anolgy is quite absurd too since nobody dies from somebody taking a picture!

Old 05-16-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So what EdwardA is saying is that HE (as a Black man) is prone to violence so he should be viewed warily. So nice of EdwardA to police himself. And should he be confronted by a George Zimmerman type....
It is what it is African-Americans' failure to raise their children properly and instill proper values damages the reputations of all Black people in this country.

Asking people to ignore the stats and the propensity of young Black males to commit crime because of some lofty social aim is unrealistic. Best to address the violence and change perceptions by reducing the crime and violence emanating from the community.

Anyway back to the case. So can any of you Pro-Trayvon that claim he acted in self defense tell me why Trayvon has no marks on him except for his knuckles? Seems like Trayvon assaulted George.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Really? What a load of baloney! Zimmermann calls 911 and tells them "there is somebody suspicious" and he looks like he is on "drugs"!
Trayvon apparently had access to the community since it is "gated" so it's obvious he knew somebody that lived there hence his father.
Sanford is a lily white city so I can only imagine when this so called "wanna be" cop thought when he sees a young black male dressed in a "hoodie" comes walking through his neighborhood.
The 911 Operator told him not to "follow" him and what did he do? The exact opposite!
There are various witnesses as well. What exactly was Trayvon doing besides walking to his father's house that is so "suspicious"?
Zimmermann never explained what made him suspicious about Trayvon. Was he breaking into a house or a car?
The "paparazzi" anolgy is quite absurd too since nobody dies from somebody taking a picture!
What witnesses? You mean the ones who substantiate Zimmermans story?

I guess you've never heard of Princess Di.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Your post is racist!
Oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Old 05-16-2012, 05:46 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,562,078 times
So let's get this straight, EdwardA believes that he should be subjected to additional scrutiny just because he has black skin and that black skin means that he is prone to violence and criminal activity. And if he makes any sudden moves and someone with a gun happens to take a shot they are well within their rights because EdwardA'a own black skin made him a threat and the automatic threat and target of suspicion. Thanks Edward for warning us that you are a dangerous Black man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies