Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 03:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Zimmerman has an arrest record and a history of violence against others, including police officers and women.
Please stop confusing the issue by enlightening these folks with the facts...they can't handle it.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:03 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Truth AND logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, I always did wonder why GZ did not go to the ER that night. IIRC, one account said he refused transport. Apparently he had something to hide.

Please provide a link for your assertion about Eric Holder.

The Peruvian GF does not look black, he looks hispanic in the grainy black and white picture that we've seen.

Then do not participate in this thread.

Crock of compost! He was on his way to Target, which seemed to require him to take his gun. He was in no way doing anything for Neighborhood Watch.

I'm sure you'd blow it off like that if one of your family members were killed in such a way.

Posession is not an action. The only action was the truancy, and that hardly makes one a thug.

Exactly. I remember way back in the 60s, my father and some friends were talking at a church function. They all agreed that some of the stuff they did as kids would be considered juvenile delinquency in the 60s.

His ex girlfriend obtained a restraining order against him for domestic violence. It expired when she did not renew it.

What crimes has Trayvon been convicted of? PLease list them.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:04 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Do you think that simple action of following someone is justification for a physical attack?
If I feel my life is in danger, hell, yeah. And it wasn't a "simple action." There is much reason to believe Zimmerman did more than "follow" Martin.

Quote:
Provocation is the the action of circumstances to which reasonably results in the reaction. Are you saying "following" someone is justification for such? More specifically, following someone on publicly accessible and legal land?
I'm a 300-pound black man. If I followed you and confronted you, I'm pretty sure you'd be scared. You'd probably shoot me.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:08 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Punished, yes. Who didn't get punished in school? He did not even have a juvenile record, as far as I can tell. Trayvon's "paper trail" did not make him a thug.

Zimmerman, OTOH, has an arrest record, and a record of violence (his ex gf got a restraining order on him), and now, it turns out, a history of ADHD.
I couldn't agree more. Almost everyone I knew in high school and all the hs kids I now know are suspended 3, 4, 5 times a year for being in unauthorized areas, writing wtf on lockers, having weed baggies and a pipe, carrying a backpack of women's jewelry and not telling cops who they belonged to, skipping school and lateness. They were the good kids.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:20 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
If I feel my life is in danger, hell, yeah. And it wasn't a "simple action." There is much reason to believe Zimmerman did more than "follow" Martin.
Explain what it is he did and how that was justification for physical retaliation.

Quote:
I'm a 300-pound black man. If I followed you and confronted you, I'm pretty sure you'd be scared. You'd probably shoot me.
I might be leery of your actions (someone following is an indication of something), I might even stop and turn around to see if your intention was to interact with me (depending on where we were and what we were doing I might just let you follow and enter my destination). Your color makes no difference to me, people can be harmful, I don't delude myself with the thought that one color is less dangerous than the other.

As for shooting you, if you attacked me, I would most certainly shoot you. What kind of idiot and emotionally disturbed individual thinks that an attack by another is anything but an action to kill another? I don't care if you simply meant to fist fight me, or to "rough me up" I have no tolerance for that idiocy, you would be dead the moment you attacked.

Now... explain to me how I am worried about some "chip on his shoulder" guy who thinks his color means anything to me?

I don't care if you are white, brown, blue, black or yellow. You attack me... YOU DIE.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:21 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Do you have a link for this? Now that part of the autopsy has been released, it seems like that info should also be available, but I couldn't find anything to show whether he did or did not test positive for drugs.
I only remember the parents speaking on tv before Zimmerman's arrest. They were outraged that Trayvon was tested for drugs and alcohol but Zimmerman was not. They then said that the test on Trayvon found no drugs or alcohol.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:36 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I couldn't agree more. Almost everyone I knew in high school and all the hs kids I now know are suspended 3, 4, 5 times a year for being in unauthorized areas, writing wtf on lockers, having weed baggies and a pipe, carrying a backpack of women's jewelry and not telling cops who they belonged to, skipping school and lateness. They were the good kids.
The bold I might agree with you, the rest... well... No. Though the bold was... "eventually when they grew up". Most of the kids I knew who were stealing are bad apples to this day.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
wow...this tripe is still going on.

A child is dead.

I still find it interesting that Treyvon is called a Thug due to school suspensions, BUT Zimmerman is a victim with clean hands and he has has an actual criminal record for violence. smh
Isn't that unbelievable! Now I understand how the Germans came to hate the Jews. They were easily swayed by propaganda and could no longer see things realistically. Scary!

Old 05-16-2012, 04:18 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Could someone please secure that darn border between Stormfront and C-D. They are sneaking over the wall again.
The cognitive dissonance is strong amongst you "youth crime apologists".

Instead of addressing the facts of this case, you continue to use an appeal to emotion, stating "a child is dead" and other emotion-based arguments, yet y'all refuse to logically refute the facts.

Also, ad hominem attacks dramatically decrease the credibility of your arguments, for future reference. Then again, based on your posting history, I'm assuming you haven't taken a course in introductory logic.

Maybe I should change my user name to "White and Proud" in honor of your fellow comrade "Black and Proud". I am a "Stormfronter" yet "Black and Proud" is "da troof". I couldn't imagine the vitriol that would be spewed at a poster on here named "White and Proud". Just another example of the ignorant nature of you and your fellow cronies on here. Hypocrites.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So merely being arrested is an indication of guilt. Good to know, I'll file this post away for future use.
Apparently walking down the street as a black man is indication of guilt and requires immediate pursuit and confrontation. Good to know, I'll file this away for future use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies