Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 11:26 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,610,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Nor do the rest of us; he'd clearly been instructed by the dispatcher to do exactly that. The problem is, Zimmerman wasn't content to stand by the first set of townhouses, he followed Martin some distance down the rear walkway before the altercation occurred. (Yes, there's a large map with key points on it several pages back.) From day one Zimmerman has been defined as the "self-appointed neighborhood watch captain;" of course we know that he wasn't part of the national group. Their guideline is "watch and report," IIRC. So why didn't Zimmerman do that? And why is it okay that he engaged in "risky" behavior that resulted in the death of an unarmed teen walking home from the convenience store to watch the 2nd half of the NBA All-Star Game? What is the emotional attachment that people have for Zimmerman? It's baffling, frankly.
I don't think people have an emotional attachment to Zimmerman. I supported Martin's side before I found out that the media lied about almost every key aspect of this case.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:27 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I do get drawn into trivial arguments.. I must catch myself here. I will ask you the same question I did to the previous poster whose name eludes me...

He was 5'11...So what does this mean?
What it means is that Trayvon was NOT 6'3" as a poster in this thread claimed. It means that that RCCCB was incorrect when he claimed Trayvon was a "6'3" football player with attitude."

Old 05-17-2012, 11:33 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,610,366 times
I wonder if the ME will publish picture's of Martin's tattoos. It would be interesting to see if they were gang-related.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:35 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,020,993 times
Quote:
I do get drawn into trivial arguments.. I must catch myself here. I will ask you the same question I did to the previous poster whose name eludes me...

He was 5'11...So what does this mean?
Initial reports made it appear that Martin was much taller than Martin; we saw many posts about the "hulking 6'3" thug" who was battering a shorter
yet heavier Zimmerman. Setting aside the assertion that the Medical Examiner was either a liar or incompetent, it means that Martin and Zimmerman were actually much closer in size than had been reported; actually, the fact that Zimmerman did outweigh Martin by a discernable amount could upset Zimmerman's contention that he was on bottom throughout the altercation, as some witnesses said that they saw the larger man on top. In addition, their relative sizes may make a difference in terms of the trajectory of Zimmerman's shot.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:35 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,290,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What it means is that Trayvon was NOT 6'3" as a poster in this thread claimed. It means that that RCCCB was incorrect when he claimed Trayvon was a "6'3" football player with attitude."
It means he was maybe only a 5'11" drug addicted teen with a record of defacing property and possessing jewelry that he could not give the origins from instead of a 6'3" drug addicted teen.

The autopsy shows he was a few inches shorter than the press reported in some places.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:38 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I wonder if the ME will publish picture's of Martin's tattoos. It would be interesting to see if they were gang-related.
Don't think so. There is something about ME publishing photos of the body in the Florida Statutes, Chapter 406. Besides it doesn't seem that that information wouldn't really be relevant to whether or not Zimmerman felt in fear for his life. Do you think Zimmerman had time to look at Trayvon's tattoos?

Old 05-17-2012, 11:38 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,213,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
You're forgetting that Zimmerman told the operator that he had lost the unsub.
It is more likely that Trayvon confronted Zimmerman on the way back to his car.
Not really. Doesn't make sense at all. Are you suggesting that you can lose sight of someone and never regain them in your sight?

Old 05-17-2012, 11:39 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,813,710 times
This thread has gone in all kinda crazy directions,
but what difference does it make how tall Martin was?

Old 05-17-2012, 11:40 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,290,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
True, if they are gang related that would be pertinent to the trial.
Plus I believe it is illegal for a minor to get tattoos, so did he burn them in with friends or what?

Old 05-17-2012, 11:40 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,213,341 times
Quote:
That would be totally scrutinized......and the body would be exhumed as well if these claims were made. Nobody is going to exhume a body over a claim of 3-4 inches.
Wow....just wow. If anything, your claim that Trayvon was taller makes him even more gaunt and skinny. Tall does not equal intimidating if you resemble Olive Oyl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies