Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 10:23 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,567,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Zimmerman probably asked him what he was doing (I know, a HEINOUS crime in and of itself), Martin copped an attitude and punched him.
Why was GZ even approaching TM?
The police dispatcher told him not follow TM?
Why was GZ carrying a gun just to go to Target?
Since when does a punch deserve a gun shot in answer?

Old 05-17-2012, 10:26 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,621,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
That was disobeying the dispatcher.

The Sanford Police also stated in their report that the incident could have been avoided had Zimmerman done what he was told to do which was stay in the vehicle and wait for law enforcement to arrive on the scene to handle the situation.
How is that disobeying her? I don't remember reading the officer's opinion in the police report, but I don't see why it matters. The incident could have been avoided if Zimmerman decided to pick up ice cream on the way home and never saw Martin.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:27 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,922,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Are you aware that Martin lived primarily with his mother in Miami, and that is where his girlfriend called him from? That puts an entirely different light on her words. What is certain is that Zimmerman made the worst mistake of his life in not waiting in his truck for LE. Other than Zimmerman's relation of the night's activity, there is no proof that he did not put his hand on Martin to detain him. It's stunning that so many people are invested in believing Zimmerman's account, when he's a perfect stranger with every reason to lie. At least the M.E.s report clarified two things: That Martin was not a "6'3" hulking thug" but rather a 5'11" teen who weighed 158 pounds, and that his teeth were "natural..." The photo of the youngster with a gold grill isn't Trayvon Martin.
Kids do not get actual "gold implants"...they are gold "fronts" or "grills" that are removable....not much unlike a retainer. That was Trayvon in that pic if you ask me... if it wasn't then who was it? Looks like the exact same person.

Secondly...I don't care what the medical examiner says....

I am 6' and I NEVER towered over a group of people, even all women, like that...

Not buying it for one second that he was 5'11....

Old 05-17-2012, 10:27 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,023,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
So if Martin knew someone was following him why not run away? Even if Zimmerman confronted Martin it doesn't really matter. All that matters is who made it violent, which we will never know. But Zimmerman starting the fight makes no sense. A person with a gun generally doesn't start a physical altercation with a larger, younger person.

Martin told his girlfriend that he was "just going to walk fast." Apparently that wasn't fast enough to avoid Zimmerman. There isn't that much size difference; Zimmerman is only slightly shorter and weighed more. And let's be real...someone carrying a Kal Tec 9 loaded with hollow point bullets would feel comfortable starting an altercation with just about anyone, regardless of age or size. Again, Zimmerman is a complete stranger to you; considering his past, what exactly is it that makes one so invested in believing his story? Zimmerman doesn't want to do prison time; he'll say whatever it takes to CHA. Why doesn't that make one question him?

Old 05-17-2012, 10:31 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,215,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Kids do not get actual "gold implants"...they are gold "fronts" or "grills" that are removable....not much unlike a retainer. That was Trayvon in that pic if you ask me... if it wasn't then who was it? Looks like the exact same person.

I am 6' and I NEVER towered over a group of people, even all women, like that...

What motivation would the ME have in lying? Why are some things believable, but other things not-so-much?

It's quite possible that the women in his family were short. The people in front were bending down. Trayvon does not look much taller than the guy on the other end of the picture. My brother is 5'10 and we look silly standing together in a picture (I'm 5'2" and my mother and sisters are close to this as well). Quit it with the Incredible Giant theories.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:32 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,621,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Martin told his girlfriend that he was "just going to walk fast." Apparently that wasn't fast enough to avoid Zimmerman. There isn't that much size difference; Zimmerman is only slightly shorter and weighed more. And let's be real...someone carrying a Kal Tec 9 loaded with hollow point bullets would feel comfortable starting an altercation with just about anyone, regardless of age or size. Again, Zimmerman is a complete stranger to you; considering his past, what exactly is it that makes one so invested in believing his story? Zimmerman doesn't want to do prison time; he'll say whatever it takes to CHA. Why doesn't that make one question him?
If people are skeptical about everyone's story who wants to stay out of jail then why even have a trial? Just find everyone charged guilty. I'm sure having the gun gave him more confidence. But it doesn't make sense to me for someone seemingly outmatched to just attack someone, that's risky.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:33 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,567,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

Why are you ignoring the fact that the one of the other guys in the picture is crouching down in the front?

Old 05-17-2012, 10:36 PM

if he was to stand erect he would still give 3 or 4 inches away to trayvon...

look he is over 6'...

Old 05-17-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
What motivation would the ME have in lying? Why are some things believable, but other things not-so-much?
Anybody can be paid....why does it have to start and end with police officers...you would believe it in a nanosecond if it was proposed they were bribed wouldn't you?

Old 05-17-2012, 10:38 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,819,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Actually the only way that Trayvon Martin could have changed the outcome of that night was to not leave the house to avoid that roaming maniac with his self-important vigilante mentality, inferiority comlex and loaded gun.
He couldda changed the outcome by not throwing the first punch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.