Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 11:36 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,862,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
A Black Talon, which is a type of hollow point bullet, was called the "Cop Killer" back in the 90s. I am positive. Whether or not they actually killed any police officers is totally irrelevant. However, they are designed to tear muscle and tissue.
Yes, I'm aware you were able to google and find a single round that is a hollow point and was at one time erroneously called a cop killer, it doesn't change the fact that you were completely wrong before and you're still wrong now. The term cop killer refers to a bullet designed to penetrate a bullet proof vest, something worn by all police officers. That's exactly opposite of a modern hollow point self defense round like the one used in this self defense case.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
How do you know he was innocent?

-:-
Al Sharpton told him so... and don't forget the skittles, only innocent people buy skittles and AZ iced tea.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:38 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,021,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
This has been going in circles for too long. Everyone is writing as if they are a legal expert and know what they are writing about is truth.
I've been learning quite a bit; my only gun experience was being around shotguns and rifles, as my dad and grandfather hunted. Some people are drawn to mysteries, hence the popularity of Sir A.C. Doyle and Agatha Christie. This case is just in its infancy, so there's a great deal of room for conjecture.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,960,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Let's be honest, you used "cop killer bullets" because it's a ******* buzz word that's passed down from generation to generation of liberal morons and you had no idea what it meant. I corrected you and you used the term again incorrectly. Now you're trying to deflect by bringing up some specific brand and model hollow point round which many liberals back in the 90s erroneously labeled "cop killers" out of ignorance.
Oh, so now you know what's in my head, the same way you know exactly what Trayvon Martin was thinking? I guess you are another person I will start to ignore because you take a post and then pick words out it to twist the entire conversation around. A poster wrote that hollow point bullets are used so they do not cause severe injury and I wrote that they are used for the opposite reason. Certain types of hollow point bullets were called "Cop Killers" back in the 90s. I am being honest. You are the one who is an ignorant boar for arguing with me and calling me names.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:40 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,199,702 times
Quote:
I responded to a post that said "I didn't realize hollow point bullets were used to cause less injury" and you know that's not true. They were designed to tear through flesh.
If you are referring to my post, you misquoted me, here is exactly what I said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
I've heard about hollow points, but I didn't realize that one of the purposes for using it was to avoid injuring an unintended target...

Old 04-29-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Oh, so now you know what's in my head, the same way you know exactly what Trayvon Martin was thinking? I guess you are another person I will start to ignore because you take a post and then pick words out it to twist the entire conversation around. A poster wrote that hollow point bullets are used so they do not cause severe injury and I wrote that they are used for the opposite reason. Certain types of hollow point bullets were called "Cop Killers" back in the 90s. I am being honest. You are the one who is an ignorant boar for arguing with me and calling me names.
Again you misquoted me...

Old 04-29-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Yes, I'm aware you were able to google and find a single round that is a hollow point and was at one time erroneously called a cop killer, it doesn't change the fact that you were completely wrong before and you're still wrong now. The term cop killer refers to a bullet designed to penetrate a bullet proof vest, something worn by all police officers. That's exactly opposite of a modern hollow point self defense round like the one used in this self defense case.
No, the hollow point bullets were called Cop Killers, whether or not that was an erroneous term. Maybe you're too young to remember. I am only using Google to post articles since you insist I'm stupid, ignorant and don't know what I'm talking about, when you are too stubborn to admit I'm right. Hollow point bullets are designed to do great damage. Period.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
If you are referring to my post, you misquoted me, here is exactly what I said....
Sorry, I didn't mean to change your words. I'm trying to keep up with the numerous insults on this board. I should have gone back to search for your post. I will go back and get the exact post.

Edit: Here it is. I found it.

Quote:
Wow interesting, thanks for posting. I've heard about hollow points, but I didn't realize that one of the purposes for using it was to avoid injuring an unintended target...
Okay, I see now what I did. So you were talking about the fact that other types of bullets might stray. I misread your post. However, what I wrote is still true about the damage they cause to the human body. They were banned over 100 years ago by international law and they are still banned in many other countries.

Last edited by justNancy; 04-30-2012 at 12:02 AM.. Reason: found post I misread

Old 04-29-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
No, the hollow point bullets were called Cop Killers, whether or not that was an erroneous term. Maybe you're too young to remember. I am only using Google to post articles since you insist I'm stupid, ignorant and don't know what I'm talking about, when you are too stubborn to admit I'm right. Hollow point bullets are designed to do great damage. Period.
Hollow point bullets are designed to have more stopping power and to not cause secondary impact caused by full body penetration. Hollow point bullets are used by people who conceal carry for self defense reasons because if I'm in a situation where I need to defend myself with a gun I want every round to count. I'm counting on those bullets to save my life.

"Cop Killer" bullets were designed for maximum penetration for use against Kevlar vest worn mostly by police officers, hence the name cop killer.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
If the state could find Williams Rule evidence, then they could bring up Zimmerman's past records.

Williams Rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How would motive, intent, knowledge, mode of operation, lack of mistake be relevant to this case from his past arrests?

I agree that prosecutors do "cry wolf" via the Williams Rule to actually bring up bad character and criminal propensity...

Thanks Very Interesting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.