Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 10:57 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
First it was reported he was 6'1 and 140lbs

Then 6'3 and 165

Now 5'11 and 156

What I want to know is....where did 6'3 come from???

George Zimmerman is 5'11....Now you are going to tell me that George Zimmerman would also be the tallest dude in that pic by 3-4 inches? LOL

OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
The medical examiner measured Trayvon's body as part of the autopsy. That's where the 71 inches comes from. If you dare, you can read that information for yourself right from the official Medical Examiner's autopsy report. The link to that report has been posted many times.

Doesn't seem to matter where the 6'3" came from as it has now been absolutely proven to be incorrect.

Do you know what the job of the Medical Examiner is? Check out the Florida Statutes for that answer.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Old 05-17-2012, 11:00 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
The medical examiner measured Trayvon's body as part of the autopsy. That's where the 71 inches comes from. If you dare, you can read that information for yourself right from the official Medical Examiner's autopsy report. The link to that report has been posted many times.

Doesn't seem to matter where the 6'3" came from as it has now been absolutely proven to be incorrect.

Do you know what the job of the Medical Examiner is? Check out the Florida Statutes for that answer.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

OK, let me play Devil's Advocate.....

he was 5'11

Now where do we go from here?

Old 05-17-2012, 11:09 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
First it was reported he was 6'1 and 140lbs

Then 6'3 and 165

Now 5'11 and 156

What I want to know is....where did 6'3 come from???

George Zimmerman is 5'11....Now you are going to tell me that George Zimmerman would also be the tallest dude in that pic by 3-4 inches? LOL

OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

There is a link to the autopsy report a few pages back; a good look at page 7 will make it clear what measurements the M.E. recorded. Again, the M.E. would have reason to lie because...? The 6'3" lie came from unscrupulous people who put out fake pictures of Trayvon Martin and who made that claim in posts with never a link to a source, credible or not. For some reason, George Zimmerman has become the darling of the RW; no amount of questionable behavior or stupid decisions will tarnish that ideal.
It's bizarre...a guy who drunkenly pushed an undercover officer and when the LEO related that they were police, Zimmerman said, "I don't care; f**k you." The guy with domestic violence charges, an unstable work history, who was overly-zealous according to some residents and who had a "Jeckyll and Hyde" personality is more believeable than a licensed M.E.
and a Republican State's Attorney. Amazing...just amazing.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:10 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,584,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Now, really...think about what you just wrote. Any prison guard will tell you that every inmate says they're innocent. A trial by one's peers began with the Magna Carta, to ensure that both sides were heard and that people would make a decision based on evidence, not simply accepting one side or the other as the honest side. As Neighborhood Watch sites will tell you, following someone suspicious is very risky, and they don't condone it with legitimate groups much less for volunteers like Zimmerman, without even that credential to fall back on. Zimmerman didn't have to attack Martin...he only had to put a hand on his arm to detain him. I just don't see the charisma in Zimmerman that leads to this blind confidence in his veracity.
Zimmerman's group wasn't part of the national neighborhood watch group, they don't necessarily have to follow the national guidelines. Following a suspicious person is risky, but it depends on the circumstances. In this case, Zimmerman was armed and the police were on the way. I don't know it would be so risky to keep an eye on the person and let the police know where he went.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
There is a link to the autopsy report a few pages back; a good look at page 7 will make it clear what measurements the M.E. recorded. Again, the M.E. would have reason to lie because...? The 6'3" lie came from unscrupulous people who put out fake pictures of Trayvon Martin and who made that claim in posts with never a link to a source, credible or not. For some reason, George Zimmerman has become the darling of the RW; no amount of questionable behavior or stupid decisions will tarnish that ideal.
It's bizarre...a guy who drunkenly pushed an undercover officer and when the LEO related that they were police, Zimmerman said, "I don't care; f**k you." The guy with domestic violence charges, an unstable work history, who was overly-zealous according to some residents and who had a "Jeckyll and Hyde" personality is more believeable than a licensed M.E.
and a Republican State's Attorney. Amazing...just amazing.
I do get drawn into trivial arguments.. I must catch myself here. I will ask you the same question I did to the previous poster whose name eludes me...

He was 5'11...So what does this mean?

Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
OK, let me play Devil's Advocate.....

he was 5'11

Now where do we go from here?
What do you mean where do we go from here?

People have been arguing over Trayvon's height and weight. That issue has been resolved now. It has absolutely been determined that at the time of his death he was 71 inches tall (5'11") and weighed 158 lbs. because the Medical Examiner measured and weighed his body.

Look at Page 2 of the autopsy report, the first paragraph describes the body. So that's it. Whoever reported that Trayvon was 6'3" obviously got that wrong.

Trayvon Martin autopsy report

Old 05-17-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What do you mean where do we go from here?

People have been arguing over Trayvon's height and weight. That issue has been resolved now. It has absolutely been determined that at the time of his death he was 71 inches tall (5'11") and weighed 158 lbs. because the Medical Examiner measured and weighed his body.

Look at Page 2 of the autopsy report, the first paragraph describes the body. So that's it. Whoever reported that Trayvon was 6'3" obviously got that wrong.

Trayvon Martin autopsy report
Who reported it?

And again....how is it significant... Are you saying that in no way Martin could have beat on Zimmerman?

Old 05-17-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Kids do not get actual "gold implants"...they are gold "fronts" or "grills" that are removable....not much unlike a retainer. That was Trayvon in that pic if you ask me... if it wasn't then who was it? Looks like the exact same person.

Secondly...I don't care what the medical examiner says....

I am 6' and I NEVER towered over a group of people, even all women, like that...

Not buying it for one second that he was 5'11....
So you are saying that you don't buy that Trayvon was 5'11" based on looking at a photograph. First of all, Trayvon was standing closer to the person taking the photo than the others, and, second, many of the other people are not standing up straight.

However, none of that matters actually, because the ME actually measured Trayvon and reported that he was 71 inches tall at the time of his death.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:23 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Zimmerman's group wasn't part of the national neighborhood watch group, they don't necessarily have to follow the national guidelines. Following a suspicious person is risky, but it depends on the circumstances. In this case, Zimmerman was armed and the police were on the way. I don't know it would be so risky to keep an eye on the person and let the police know where he went.
Nor do the rest of us; he'd clearly been instructed by the dispatcher to do exactly that. The problem is, Zimmerman wasn't content to stand by the first set of townhouses, he followed Martin some distance down the rear walkway before the altercation occurred. (Yes, there's a large map with key points on it several pages back.) From day one Zimmerman has been defined as the "self-appointed neighborhood watch captain;" of course we know that he wasn't part of the national group. Their guideline is "watch and report," IIRC. So why didn't Zimmerman do that? And why is it okay that he engaged in "risky" behavior that resulted in the death of an unarmed teen walking home from the convenience store to watch the 2nd half of the NBA All-Star Game? What is the emotional attachment that people have for Zimmerman? It's baffling, frankly.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Who reported it?

And again....how is it significant... Are you saying that in no way Martin could have beat on Zimmerman?
I don't know who reported it.

However, one poster here, RCCCB continues to post that Trayvon was a 6'3" football player who was beating on Zimmerman. His point appears to be that Trayvon was much taller than Zimmerman and that Zimmerman's fear for his life was reasonable. I don't know where RCCCB found the 6'3" height, but he's clearly incorrect. It seems that Zimmerman and Martin were of comparable height and Zimmerman outweighed Martin.

Here is the post by RCCCB which references that trayvon was a 6'3" football player, etc.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/24350141-post3125.html

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 05-17-2012 at 11:35 PM.. Reason: added link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies