Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 09:21 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,236,015 times

Advertisements

Well, at least the pictures prove that Zimmerman was getting his head banged. It does appear he was getting his a$$ whipped.

Now, whether or not that a$$ whipping resulted in him fearing for his life is another story. I've seen (and been in a few) fights in my day. One does not think about being beat to death while in a fight...instead you're trying to gain the upperhand. Zimmerman had an easy "out" in the fight and took it. Does not mean that his use of excessive force was justified. Not being able to fight is no a valid excuse for using deadly force. Getting more than you bargained for is not a valid excuse for using deadly force.

I still don't understand the mindset of those who disagree with Trayvon fighting Zimmerman. My son is 9 and I sure as hell would be LIVID if he didn't defend himself against a strange man following him. Zimmerman made a crucial error in not identifying himself to Trayvon. That could have defused the situation immediately. Up until that point, Trayvon had no idea who this guy was or what his intentions were. He was only concerned with getting this creepy guy away from him. It's very interesting that we are now telling possible victims to lay down and take it.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:22 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,954,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Hypocrisy at its finest

One thing is for certain, just as with Casey Anthony, he may or may not be fully brought to justice in a court of law but he will have to pay for his crime one day. We ALL have to answer for our sins one day and there won't be any slick, high-profile defense attorneys in the room.
This is not even in the same sport as the Casey Anthony case....let alone the same league...

Please do not make such foolish comparisons....

Old 05-17-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
We do not know who started the confrontation. I don't know if you're a parent, but parents know that the one who appears to have started the fight is not always the one who did.
I am a parent of a 9 and 8 year old son and a 3 year old daughter. I deal with the push off of accountability all the time.

So I understand..

Old 05-17-2012, 09:32 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,679,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
This is not even in the same sport as the Casey Anthony case....let alone the same league...

Please do not make such foolish comparisons....
Two innocent people died. Not sure why you are having a disconnect.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Two innocent people died. Not sure why you are having a disconnect.
Because Trayvon Martin could have changed the outcome of events that night...In fact, it can come to light that Martin was not innocent at all..

Casey Anthonys daughter didn't have any option.

It's really apples and oranges.....they don't even belong in the same discussion.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:39 PM

9,185 posts, read 5,880,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I still don't understand the mindset of those who disagree with Trayvon fighting Zimmerman. My son is 9 and I sure as hell would be LIVID if he didn't defend himself against a strange man following him. Zimmerman made a crucial error in not identifying himself to Trayvon. That could have defused the situation immediately. Up until that point, Trayvon had no idea who this guy was or what his intentions were. He was only concerned with getting this creepy guy away from him. It's very interesting that we are now telling possible victims to lay down and take it.

Lemme get this straight.
You would want your son to confront and punch a stranger that was following him?
I sincerely hope he doesn't meet Trayvon's fate.
I would hope my son would get his ass to safety, ASAP.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:46 PM

16,989 posts, read 10,755,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Well, at least the pictures prove that Zimmerman was getting his head banged. It does appear he was getting his a$$ whipped.

Now, whether or not that a$$ whipping resulted in him fearing for his life is another story. I've seen (and been in a few) fights in my day. One does not think about being beat to death while in a fight...instead you're trying to gain the upperhand. Zimmerman had an easy "out" in the fight and took it. Does not mean that his use of excessive force was justified. Not being able to fight is no a valid excuse for using deadly force. Getting more than you bargained for is not a valid excuse for using deadly force.

This is all speculation, but even if you speculate on what happened the Martin story still doesn't make sense. We know that Martin thought someone was following him. We can also assume he could have easily outrun Zimmerman. So that means he confronted Zimmerman. We don't know what happened after that. You can't just physically attack someone if you think they are following you. Even if Martin attacked Zimmerman because Zimmerman was following him it's still self-defense for Zimmerman.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:48 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,679,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Because Trayvon Martin could have changed the outcome of events that night...In fact, it can come to light that Martin was not innocent at all..

Casey Anthonys daughter didn't have any option.

It's really apples and oranges.....they don't even belong in the same discussion.
Actually the only way that Trayvon Martin could have changed the outcome of that night was to not leave the house to avoid that roaming maniac with his self-important vigilante mentality, inferiority comlex and loaded gun.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Actually the only way that Trayvon Martin could have changed the outcome of that night was to not leave the house to avoid that roaming maniac with his self-important vigilante mentality, inferiority comlex and loaded gun.
OR...run home instead of trying to snuff GZ from behind????

Old 05-17-2012, 09:52 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,048,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Zimmerman was not acting in capacity of "Neighborhood Watch Captain", a title which was self-appointed in any case. He was on his way to Target with, for some strange reason, his gun.

NW explicitly states no weapons, no confrontations. GZ has admitted to following Trayvon, inviting a confrontation.

Precisely. It's clear that the two stopped, as 911 callers described an argument followed by someone screaming for help, with the final word being cut off mid-way through it. It's interesting that, according to the M.E.'s autopsy diagram, the angle of the shot was directly from front to
back; one would think that had Martin been atop Zimmerman, the trajectory would have been a diagonal path. Had the shot been fired from
direct body contact with the weapon, the M.E. would have not described the distance as "intermediate." The evidence creates as many questions as it answers. Regardless, Zimmerman used poor judgment in not waiting for Sanford LEOs to arrive. The timeline that's been posted shows 90 seconds between the end of Zimmerman's call to dispatch and the receipt of the first 911 calls from neighbors. We're to believe that Martin circled back, confronted Zimmerman, engaged in first an argument and then a life-or-death struggle in 90 seconds...before his heart was blown apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies