Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 04:25 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,526,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
1. It's demeaning to women.

2. Why brag about having been charged with two felonies?
Is 'hoe' a word you or I use ? No. Is it a word often used by some people, many of a certain age, in music, movies, tv, unfortunately yes. The more important thing to me is his comment that 'the judge saw thru her.'

Let's say he bragged. Any 'bragging' was about the charges 'the man knew were wrong' being reduced. I'm guessing there were prior blogs on the subject.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:38 PM

90,296 posts, read 120,991,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Is 'hoe' a word you or I use ? No. Is it a word often used by some people, many of a certain age, in music, movies, tv, unfortunately yes. The more important thing to me is his comment that 'the judge saw thru her.'

Let's say he bragged. Any 'bragging' was about the charges 'the man knew were wrong' being reduced. I'm guessing there were prior blogs on the subject.
I'm not going to get into another Domestic Violence argument. I'll just say, I think GZ was lying about that one, too, as she got a restraining order against him (as he did her).

Old 05-02-2012, 04:40 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,975,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

I guess it is useless to keep trying to make my point. I even went back to the first time I mentioned this and quoted what I wrote.

So why didn't he "leak" the web site to show he wasn't a racist? The media only had his 2005 mug shot. There's a pic of him in the same orange polo shirt on his MySpace page and he's smiling. If his family and friends were so proud of his web page, why not use those photos? I mean, Fox didn't even have these pictures.

I just know if by accident I killed a Black kid and there were daily stories about me showing an angry person who hates Black people, I'd want to prove they were wrong. All someone had to do was say "here, look at his web page." We would have quickly learned that he doesn't hate Blacks, in fact he has Black friends, but he sure hates Mexicans and he calls women hoes.

So his family can't be too proud of it either. I don't know anything about the one that was shut down earlier this year.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:58 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,422,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Hence my use of the "dubious" emoticon LOL...There may be other social media users out there that could discredit witnesses and other pertinent people involved with the case...the first Judge in CA's case blundered with his blogging as well as Baez bringing up the Lead Detective's internet presence....
Good point. Of course I'm still not quite sure what you mean about other social media users who could discredit witnesses.....sorry, guess my brain is in very slow gear today.....Surely people who are involved in the prosecution and defense of this case are not out there blogging somewhere, surely they learned from the CA trial.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:02 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,627,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The police report said that there were no marks on Martin to show that he hit anyone, actually, when presented with the Zimmerman beating information, they said that the beating allegation did not match their evidence.

Do post anything you might have that would be compelling.
The police report confirms that Zimmerman had injuries to the back of his head and to his face, and wet grass on his back:

Trayvon Martin police report reveals scene details | Business eNews

The original report was linked on one of these threads, I can't find it now but this source quotes from the report.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:07 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,201,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Good point. Of course I'm still not quite sure what you mean about other social media users who could discredit witnesses.....sorry, guess my brain is in very slow gear today.....Surely people who are involved in the prosecution and defense of this case are not out there blogging somewhere, surely they learned from the CA trial.
It could be the witnesses themselves, friends or family members discussing the case or making statements different than what they gave LE...You can't even imagine how, what's the word I'm looking for , clueless some people still are when it comes to the internet, their privacy and how deep their digital footprint can go...and yes even people high up in the justice system...oh and don't forget those who would be quite willing to give people up for a price...

Last edited by tiluha; 05-02-2012 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: sorry had to complete my thought

Old 05-02-2012, 05:13 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,526,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Help me with this. I can't think of how TM's social media information would help the defense. Seems to me it would be very unwise of either side, for any reason, to attack the deceased victim in any hearing or trial........but that's why brainstorming is always a good idea....I can't figure this one out.
I can think of things tm might have written that could be used by the defense and not backfire. Since I don't have any idea what he actually wrote, no reason for me to write what the possibilities are.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:27 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,570,771 times
[quote=simetime;24111410]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post

WTF are you talking about!!!! If you would talk to any real police officers the first thing that they do with a "John Doe" is to try every means possible to identify him including the cell phone. In this case since the last number recorded was so recent it would make all the sense in the world to call it in order to identify the body.

The shooter is ALWAYS tested for drugs or alcohol except in this case. Do you realize the gravity of his defense if it was found that zimmerman was on drugs or drunk! Yes I can understand the reasoning for testing the victim but there was no excuse for NOT testing zimmerman.

You really should take your meds

Old 05-02-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
You are exactly right. There was even charges in Zimmerman's past were he was arrested and charged with violence against police officers. The charges was lowered but I believe they may have been lowered because of his pattern of lies. He isn't as innocent in his past as he is betrayed to be. Past behavior can be a indicator of future behavior. I'll rely on Zimmerman's past for now.

George Zimmerman Myspace page: Trayvon Martin shooter called Mexicans

Old 05-02-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And we have another poster who doesn't know a damn thing about what they are posting. That violence against a police officer charge was BS. He pushed an ABC agent in a bar, the agent didn't identify himself who he was and he was trying to detain his friend. The charge was downgraded because there was nothing to it.
except the officer wrote in his report that he did identify himself as a police officer. Was the cop making that up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.