Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 09:42 AM

13,186 posts, read 12,368,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
I just posted the link of the video CNN interview...it sure sounded like GZ & his family either was not aware of how much money or if they had access to it...O'Mara certainly didn't say GZ "definitely knew about the money"

Anyway you're right these cases can get everyone riled up for sure
....Especially if you are a taxpayor in florida

Btw, how can you not know how much money that you have in a pay pal account? Believe me that is real bull!

Old 05-02-2012, 09:43 AM

90,295 posts, read 121,199,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I don't understand all the excitement about this case. I mean, we have the Daniel Adkins case (Man walking dog shot, killed at Taco Bell after stepping into drive-through lane) where an unarmed man is out walking his dog. Another man shoots him from the safety of his vehicle, and is not charged with a crime. On the face of it, this is a pretty blatent case of abuse of self defense laws. The guy wasn't getting his head smashed into the ground or nose broken, just for talking to police. He was in the safety of his car, where he is both protected, and has the chance to just drive away. Yet there is no outrage. No calls for mobs to "demand justice". Minimal media coverage of the entire event. And, since he "wasn't charged" the media isn't even releasing the shooters name. Where is the outrage over the mis-carriage of justice in this case? Why does this man get away with murder?

Demand justice for Daniel Adkins.
The topic of this thread is George Zimmerman and the shooting of Trayvon Martin. That is what we are talking about on this thread. Start your own if you want to discuss Daniel Adkins.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:45 AM

11,184 posts, read 6,541,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
It does not hurt if your father was a judge either
<<< Yawn>>>

Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,884,926 times

Really intresting.

All of you who want to call Trayvon a thug due to his twitter posts, why aren't you saying the same about Zimmerman. He was much more "thuggish" in regards to his record and this if it is true (not that I believe it is but many of you jumped on those fake pictures of the Trayvon Martin from GA as the one who was killed). You say gold teeth and tattos equate thuggery yet you have a guy who beats up his girlfriend, confronts cops in a way that most people would never do, and if true write crap like what is in the above quote. I see a double standard here that is huge.

Very strange to me that you are all trying to defend this person and believe his claims of self defense. Strange and perplexing to me. Personally I don't believe any person who has killed someone when there isn't blatant evidence of his/her innocence. The evidence substantiating Zimmerman's stor(ies) isn't there. I am happy he was arrested and hope that justice is served no matter which way it goes, but to actually believe him and to defend him is just ridiculous IMO.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:47 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,755,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I would say that establishing a internet presence for Zimmerman was a smart decision.

Zimmerman can actually see what people are thinking about the case. They can also manage public opinion better than people getting their news through media.

The media has put some things in place to go against Martin as well. Fox even went as far as putting up pictures of a gangster looking teen without verifying it was Martin. Thanks to social media, many of Martins peers denounce the picture. We have to start holding the media accountable for responsible journalism regardless of who benefits.
I don't think that's true. And a Google search doesn't show that they did. If Fox had used that picture of the wrong Trayvon, there would be thousands of links on it. Fox actually continued using the young Trayvon pics for weeks after more recent pictures were available.

Media Matters actually had to apologize to Drudge for accusing them of using a flase pic of Taryvon:
Media Matters Writer Apologizes After Accusing Drudge Of Posting Fake Trayvon Martin Photo | Mediaite

Michelle Malkin was the one who did use the incorrect picture on her website. She took it down within hours and issued an apology, saying she was wrong:
Why #TeamDueProcess is important for justice; Correction and update: Twitchy issues apology for fake Trayvon Martin photo | Twitchy

Old 05-02-2012, 09:47 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,205,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No computers at the county jail? I doubt it.
Katiana are you joking again?!? First tanning beds and sunbathing, now computer and email access in jail...Now, that's funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Even IF they do have computers and even IF they do have web access you can bet that the authorities block sites that involve commerce because of the risk of people in jail scamming people. Anyone with any sort of IT knowledge would know this, there's no way the jail is going to let someone run their PayPal account from inside the jail.
There is absolutely no computer or email access to jail inmates, don't let her pull your leg...

Last edited by tiluha; 05-02-2012 at 10:56 AM..

Old 05-02-2012, 09:49 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,294,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post

They do, in fact, record all telephone conversations and personal visits in the jails.
Are you sure about that?

I used to work in a medium security prison and I know nothing was recorded, including phone calls.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:50 AM

11,184 posts, read 6,541,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I think the myspace page confirms Zimmermans character that many are conversing about.

I don't think he thought Martin was Mexican. I don't think anyone does. I do believe in spite of being from a multi-cultural family, he has some issues in this case with Mexican American stereo types that doesn't benefit him with his charges of 2nd degree murder with acusations of racial profiling.
So what. He had issues with Mexican-Americans. Was there a rant about blacks, the group he supposedly was profiling.

On the assault of a cop and domestic violence, nothing damaging.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:59 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,205,652 times
Quote:
....Especially if you are a taxpayor in florida
You got that right

Quote:
Btw, how can you not know how much money that you have in a pay pal account? Believe me that is real bull!
No it's not...think about it, remember GZ went to jail on 4-12-12, the site went up on 4-9-12, that's roughly two days of paypal access before he went to jail, even if the account skyrocketed to 150K in those 2 days (which I seriously doubt), there is up to a 30 day hold on some funds...If GZ's family was keeping track while he was in jail and told him, their conversations would have been video recorded, we will find out soon enough who knew what when and the court will handle it. If it turns out GZ or the family lied there may be legal repercussions and most definitely credibility issues...

Old 05-02-2012, 10:02 AM

13,186 posts, read 12,368,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Nancy, according to O'Mara GZ was not aware of how much money was in the paypal account at the time of the bond hearing ...
That was a play on words. Let me explain, his paypal account is updated constantly so technically he did not know AT THE TIME how much was in it. That was true. What they should have asked him was "how much was in your paypal account as of the last time that you checked?" Or "can you use your lawyer's phone and check right now?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies