Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2012, 09:51 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,473,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Projection? Yes!
This confirms everything we’ve ever thought about George Zimmerman and Conservatives.
lol. The only projection was the OP twisting the words.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:53 AM

835 posts, read 1,042,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What about it? How do you know he didn't have knives pulled on him?

So, it's okay to say every Mexican is a knife toting psychopath? That's basically what he is saying when you sum it up.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:58 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,306,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
lol. The only projection was the OP twisting the words.
Quote me where I called Zimmerman racist. You are the first member to bring up racism in this thread.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:58 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,922,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Can't we call the incident what it is? Some guy making a series of bad choices that ends up with someone else dead.
Somehow, I think if this were your family member who was dead you'd call it something other than "a series of bad choices".

Old 05-03-2012, 09:59 AM

20,495 posts, read 12,414,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I believe his father was also a judge.

What I find strange is that of all the people to become the poster boy for the right wing, they chose a guy who has violent streak who gets into fights with cops and beats up his girlfriends and calls them "hoes". On top of that, the guy is Hispanic, yet they cry and whine about Hispanics all the time

Schizophrenic thought process

No conservative has made Zimmerman "the poseterboy for the right wing"

Zimmerman is a DEMOCRAT.

What conservatives have said is that justice is more important than lynching a guy in public before any trial.

What conservative have said is that there is more than enough evidence to suggest this is no slam dunk case for murder.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-03-2012 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: off topic/rude

Old 05-03-2012, 10:12 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,340,037 times
I'm really on the thinking that zimmerman went out on patrol seen a young black male that he never seen before and followed him. I confrontation ensued and the youngman was killed.

My questions have always been:

Why did'nt the police take the investigation seriously in the first place and hold zimmerman until it was completed?

Why did'nt zimmerman either flash his gun before shooting Trayvon? No one who is unarmed charge anyone with a gun. Why did'nt zimmerman shoot him in a non-vital area?

Why did zimmerman and his family deny not knowing that he had money in his pay pal account when he used some of it to pay for his bail?

These are some of the questions that I have regarding this case.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:12 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,480,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Somehow, I think if this were your family member who was dead you'd call it something other than "a series of bad choices".
Of course if it was my family member. But I am trying to rise above the emotional aspect of the case.

George Zimmerman made stupid choices and Trayvon Martin ended up dead as a direct result. That is the case summed up in one objective sentence. Now what happens in trial will be a how each side doctors up this statement to plead their case.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:17 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,922,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Of course if it was my family member. But I am trying to rise above the emotional aspect of the case.

George Zimmerman made stupid choices and Trayvon Martin ended up dead as a direct result. That is the case summed up in one objective sentence. Now what happens in trial will be a how each side doctors up this statement to plead their case.
No, it's not!

More like:

George Zimmerman was running off to Target with a gun, saw a person he thought was a prowler, and killed him after a confrontation. Trayvon did not just "end up" dead.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:30 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,541,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
What about this one?

"Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes pulled on you by every mexican you run into!"
Forget it. You will never get a conservative to talk honestly about racism. Just state the facts and let them deny deny deny and hopefully they will be seen for what they are

Old 05-03-2012, 10:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,262,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I believe his father was also a judge.

What I find strange is that of all the people to become the poster boy for the right wing, they chose a guy who has violent streak who gets into fights with cops and beats up his girlfriends and calls them "hoes". On top of that, the guy is Hispanic, yet they cry and whine about Hispanics all the time

Schizophrenic thought process
I still can't figure out how after all the stuff Zimmerman has done, he still managed to avoid any serious jail time. Again, it points to him having a privileged background where his dad was probably well connected and getting him out of situations.

It's pretty obvious that although he's a violent dude, he's not tough. It's fairly clear that Martin, despite being outweighed by a good bit, was manhandling his ass pretty thoroughly. How he hadn't managed to run up on the wrong dude before this incident is a testament to how lucky he's been up to that point.

I mean...fights with cops and he's still walking around....even being a part of a neighborhood watch? Like Dave Chappelle says, for black folks some sh*t is unimaginable. LOL...i can't even wrap my mind around it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies