Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 09:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,975,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
These Martin threads are filled with MSM lies and inaccuracies from the misleading pictures of Martin and Zimmerman to the doctored 911 tapes.

The new one is "trace" amounts of THC. Anyone have the exact number? Forgive me for not taking the media's word for it but something tells me that if we were talking about alcohol they would consider an alcohol level of 200 as a "trace" amount if it was found in Martin.
You claim to be a nurse. Surely you know what a "trace" is. A trace is a trace. Enough to be obvious, but too little to give a numeric value to, e.g. a trace of blood, protein or sugar in the urine. Surely you've heard of that? Certainly you can go read the autopsy yourself if you're so interested. It's been posted numerous times on here.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,975,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
What has the Internet done to people?

Wanting to know the facts, and objectively discussing them, doesn't have to involve politics, nor does it mean people have to take sides. We don't know these people, we only know what we've read and heard. I know I don't know enough about either party to call them names, or judge them.

What makes anyone think they are capable of judging people based on conflicting accounts read online?

I can't make crack statements about GZ anymore than I can about TM.

What I do know is that a tragic incident like this could happen to anyone given unique circumstances. No matte how this ends up, this will impact GZ for the rest of his life, probably in a very negative manner. Whether he's telling the whole truth or not, it's a tragedy. Unfortunately, many tragedies like this and worse occur every single day.

Yes, I know some prominent folks have forced their way into this issue. But I try not to pay attention to them, and wish they'd all go away. I truly believe that if people read and followed this case, to the end, in a caring manner, it might just make them better people.
Oh, the poor baby! Just look what happens to you when you kill someone! My heart bleeds!

Old 05-18-2012, 09:33 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,421,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The eye witnesses before the shot are the money witnesses.
How about this witness? This person seems to contradict the witness you cite so often, the witness you said was named John.

"One witness said a police investigator twice declined her offer to show him the close and unobstructed vantage point from a partly opened bedroom window where she had watched and heard the struggle between Mr. Martin and Mr. Zimmerman. The witness, who agreed to be interviewed on the condition she remain anonymous because the investigation is active, said the detective taped part of her account.
She also recalled telling him that night that she was haunted by the cries for help she believed came from Mr. Martin during the struggle. But she said the investigator seemed to have already formed an opinion about what had happened. He told her, she said, that it was Mr. Zimmerman — not Mr. Martin — who was the one screaming, an assertion that remains in dispute."

NYT: Police errors shadow Trayvon Martin case - US news - The New York Times - msnbc.com

It's posted on MSNBC but was written by a New York Times reporter.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
She also copyrighted Treyvon t-shirts and hoodies
So what does copyrighting anything have to do with her positively identifying her son's voice? She knows his voice from the moment he was born....for 17 years his voice was probably more familiar to her than any other voice in her life. A mother recognizes the sound of her child's voice.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You claim to be a nurse. Surely you know what a "trace" is. A trace is a trace. Enough to be obvious, but too little to give a numeric value to, e.g. a trace of blood, protein or sugar in the urine. Surely you've heard of that? Certainly you can go read the autopsy yourself if you're so interested. It's been posted numerous times on here.

I know I have posted the link to the autopsy report in this thread at least five times.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:43 PM

764 posts, read 598,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
One of my former students was savagely murdered when he was 22. I found out about it via an early morning telephone call from a reporter who wanted to know if he could come to my house to photograph this student's yearbook photo. The photo, if I had said yes, would have been 4 years old and looked totally different from the young man who lost his life.

Newspapers are in a feeding frenzy when it comes to sensational stories. They grab their info wherever they can get it, not with the intent to sway public opinion, but in an effort to be the first to get the story out there.
Exactly. All I had was the lame DB Cooper/Dan Cooper thing. You have a legitimate example...

...but that doesn't play up the liberal media boogeyman, so they'll ignore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Nearly had race riots? When?
Don't expect an answer...

Old 05-18-2012, 09:51 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,741,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You better contact the ME stat and explain "trace." Clearly the people performing the toxicology tests weren't as smart as you because they did, in fact, measure actual levels.

Quote:
Toxicology tests found elements of the drug in the teenager's chest blood -- 1.5 nanograms per milliliter of one type (THC), as well as 7.3 nanograms of another type (THC-COOH) -- according to the medical examiner's report. There also was a presumed positive test of cannabinoids in Martin's urine, according to the medical examiner's report.
I'm amazed at all the smart asses on here who think they are smarter than the actual experts in this case. We got oodles of posts from Fancy on the "intermediate range" when the actual range had been put out precisely.

If you are both going to act superior, you might want to at least learn the facts first. Oh wait, that's right, the real facts are all going in Zimmerman's favor. I guess staying in the dark and being smart asses are all you have left.

BTW- I still waiting for your evidence that Zimmerman punched a cop. You claimed it over and over, and never apologized or showed proof after I called you out on it. I bet you were breathing a huge sigh of relief when that thread got closed.

Last edited by brentwoodgirl; 05-18-2012 at 10:04 PM..

Old 05-18-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
Both of them made tragic mistakes.
Just by following Treyvon, it could be perceived as provoking him. If he said something, that would possibly make it worse.

As I said, Zimmerman should not have followed. If he had said something to provoke him, that would have been wrong too. BUT turning around and whooping someones behind is NOT the right reaction either.

We could speculate all day regardless of the details of how it played out, the facts that I've seen so far, show me that misakes were made on both sides and i was definitely an avoidable tragedy.

Were you trying to make some kind of point with your question?
If Zimmerman said something to Trayvon which he thought was threatening, and was provoked, then started the fight to protect himself, then Zimmerman can't assert SYG.....you can't provoke a fight and then shoot someone and claim SYG.

As I said, since everyone is speculating about what happened when Trayvon and Zimmerman came in contact, it certainly seems to me a viable possibility that Zimmerman said something which Trayvon considered threatening and that started the fight. I don't believe for one minute that Zimmerman is going to confess to verbally challenging Trayvon in a threatening way.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:06 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,058,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
If Zimmerman said something to Trayvon which he thought was threatening, and was provoked, then started the fight to protect himself, then Zimmerman can't assert SYG.....you can't provoke a fight and then shoot someone and claim SYG.
What makes you think that SYG ever crossed Zimmerman's mind?

Old 05-18-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
You better contact the ME stat and explain "trace." Clearly the people performing the toxicology tests weren't as smart as you because they did, in fact, measure actual levels.

I'm amazed at all the smart asses on here who think they are smarter than the actual experts in this case. We got oodles of posts from Fancy on the "intermediate range" when the actual range had been put out precisely.

If you are both going to act superior, you might want to at least learn the facts first. Oh wait, that's right, the real facts are all going in Zimmerman's favor. I guess staying in the dark and being smart asses are all you have left.

BTW- I still waiting for your evidence that Zimmerman punched a cop. You claimed it over and over, and never apologized or showed proof after I called you out on it. I bet you were breathing a huge sigh of relief when that thread got closed.
Please give us a link to the measurements for "intermediate range" from the Medical Examiner of the 24th District who did the autopsy. After all, it is his term and of course he gets to define what he means when he says "intermediate range."

Based on your above post, certainly you have found that documentation.

I've never said a word about Zimmerman punching any cop. You're mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.