Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 05:11 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,697,722 times

Advertisements

its amazing, the cashier wasn't afraid of him .

Old 05-18-2012, 05:13 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,349,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
they absolutely were....showing pictures of when he was 9 and 11??? Totally were trying to oversensitize the issue and make it resonate with the mob.

It was downright disgusting...the media coverage is just as much of a tragedy as the death of Martin.
One of my former students was savagely murdered when he was 22. I found out about it via an early morning telephone call from a reporter who wanted to know if he could come to my house to photograph this student's yearbook photo. The photo, if I had said yes, would have been 4 years old and looked totally different from the young man who lost his life.

Newspapers are in a feeding frenzy when it comes to sensational stories. They grab their info wherever they can get it, not with the intent to sway public opinion, but in an effort to be the first to get the story out there.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:15 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,009,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The main word in your post is "if". Surely you know that if is a very important word in anything like this. I say that because of the fact that Zimmeman didn't do as told to by the 911 operator. What I am getting at is that IF the dog hadn't stopped to sh*t he would have won the race. So often people fail to see that all the things about ifs and buts are so very true. The man did go after the young man, much larger than his 12 year old picture makes him appear to be, lost him and got taken from behind. As more and more comes out from neighbors it becomes more and more obvious that Trayvon may well have hidden himself and then attacked.

The media had too much to do with all of this and we nearly had race riots from the fact that people thought a boy was attacked and shot.
Roy - I don't think there is any doubt whether or not GZ got out of his car. You can hear him breathing somewhat heavily once he says that TM is leaving - it is apparent that he is following him - on foot. Or perhaps he is doing push-ups inside his car.

Last edited by vamos; 05-18-2012 at 05:26 PM..

Old 05-18-2012, 05:15 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,421,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
One of my former students was savagely murdered when he was 22. I found out about it via an early morning telephone call from a reporter who wanted to know if he could come to my house to photograph this student's yearbook photo. The photo, if I had said yes, would have been 4 years old and looked totally different from the young man who lost his life.

Newspapers are in a feeding frenzy when it comes to sensational stories. They grab their info wherever they can get it, not with the intent to sway public opinion, but in an effort to be the first to get the story out there.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,570,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Trayvon Martin Seen in 7-11 Surveillance Video Prior to Shooting - Yahoo!

Compare what Trayvon Martin looked like to George Zimmerman on the night of his tragic death to the picture the MSM continually spread around in their shameless attempt to influence public opinion against Zimmermann without giving a chance for all the facts to come out.

Whether Mr. Zimmermann or Trayvon Martin was more responsible for the events that led to Trayvon's unneccesary death is irrelevant(except for in the justice system). The MSM is guilty of manipulating the information the public received in order to produce a bias. They shouldn't be taken seriously ever again.
Actually, Trayvon Martin looks innocent in the 7-11 video as well.

What isn't "innocent looking" is your agenda which is quite nefarious and sinister in nature.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Four of five years older than he was in that picture. The media screwed this one from the very beginning with that picture of the so innocent looking little boy when he was much larger and older.
And I have absolutely no doubt that they did so on purpose - or that those who provided this picture (I don't know where it came from) had a reason for choosing one that showed a much younger TM.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:18 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,741,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
How do you know what they could "easily" have done?
Because it was weeks after the shooting. The Martin's attorney went to the media to get the story covered. This wasn't a rush coverage where they had to get a picture quick. This was a packaged story that was a couple of weeks old. The media had time to investigate, time to get more current pics, etc. They chose to accept the pictures and stories that were packaged by Crump & team, and every time more evidence comes out, the media and all those who continue to believe Crump's spoon fed story looks like idiots.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:19 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,421,203 times
Quote:
The main word in your post is "if". Surely you know that if is a very important word in anything like this. I say that because of the fact that Zimmeman didn't do as told to by the 911 operator. What I am getting at is that IF the dog hadn't stopped to sh*t he would have won the race. So often people fail to see that all the things about ifs and buts are so very true. The man did go after the young man, much larger than his 12 year old picture makes him appear to be, lost him and got taken from behind. As more and more comes out from neighbors it becomes more and more obvious that Trayvon may well have hidden himself and then attacked.

The media had too much to do with all of this and we nearly had race riots from the fact that people thought a boy was attacked and shot.
Nearly had race riots? When?

Old 05-18-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
You really are sure that all the neighbors who have come forward and said that they saw Martin sitting on the other man beating him about the head and shoulders are all liars, aren't you? Get off this racial sounding crap and talk like the person you are.
I don't think he is saying that. It sounds to me that all he is saying is that TM was minding his own business. GZ saw him and thought he looked suspicious - and started this chain of events.

On the 911 call, you can hear how he says that he saw a suspicious-looking guy who is now checking him out. In other words, had GZ just kept on driving, TM would have just kept walking because there would not have been anyone to check out, and not a soul in the world would have any discussions about it.

Police would have shown up, checked on TM, and acted accordingly. That, however, is not what happened. GZ started these events. For all we know, all TM was doing was walking home from the store while "looking suspicious."

Old 05-18-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It's not against the law to leave your car. It's not against the law to watch a suspicious person or suspicious activity. It's not against the law to ask someone what he's doing.
Of course not. Still, common interpretation of law holds that a person who starts a chain of events is responsible for what follows.

It's not against the law to make a left turn, but if you do so into oncoming traffic, you are responsible for the aftermath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.