Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 05:25 PM

133 posts, read 192,924 times

Advertisements

Zimmerman was hopped up on adderall and temazepam . A psychologist probably prescribed that. Why? Martin had 1.5 nn of thc which amounted to nearly nothing since 2.0 puts you under the influence.
Martin is dead. He didnt make it to his fathers house becasue Zimmerman was on some mental trip. Maybe confused, maybe a little psychotic (talking about "these punks "while focusing on one person is odd when you dont know the other person)
What is so shocking about Georges injuries it proves he followed Trayvon and attempted to fight him (since witness say a verbal exchange preceded the fight)So you follow the boy start a fight with him, get mad cuz u cant fight and ,, just like a thug you pull out a gun.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:35 PM

1,187 posts, read 997,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Big deal..skinned knuckles? It all sounds like things are getting more clear. It appears that Zimmerman called 9 1 1 after a physical confrontation with Martin. Zimmerman in all probability stalked Martin..got aggressive with the young man- had a short fight- lost the fight- retreated...re-evaluated the situation and figured it was time for deadly force.

Sounds like Zimmerman set the whole thing up...During his 9 1 1 call Zimmerman sounded breathless...NOT because he was chasing Martin- but that he just had a fight with Martin - THAT HE DID NOT MENTION TO THE 911 operator.

I would safely say that the court will find that Zimmerman had a fight with the kid and he lost- and he was driven by rage and a sense of revenge...."I think he's on something..he's reaching into his WASTE BAND...and all that other crap- Zimmerman in my estimation messed with the chronology and inverted the time line..
I think you've watched too many crime dramas on tv!

Old 05-18-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
NAWH- you are wrong- I can tell you exactly what happened and Zimmerman is a little cowardly liar. Zimmerman acting like a big shot had a fight with the kid- and to Zimmerman's surprise- Martin knew how to handle himself and Zimmerman lost----------------------so Zimmerman is enraged- pulls out the gun and gets in the last blow- with a bullet.
Do you also get the lotto numbers on that crystal ball of yours?

Old 05-18-2012, 05:36 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,572,159 times
An interesting article about George Zimmerman and his Neighborhood Watch duties at the gated community.

According to the article:

In a March 13 request for the issuance of a capias to authorize Zimmerman's arrest, police noted that "on August 3, August 4 and October 6, 2011, and February 2, 2012, George Zimmerman reported suspicious persons, all young Black males, in the Retreat neighborhood to the Sanford Police Department. According to records checks, all of Zimmerman's suspicious persons calls while residing in the Retreat neighborhood have identified Black males as the subjects."

George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin: Where they collided - latimes.com

Old 05-18-2012, 05:42 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,421,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Before the shooting, neither person was engaged in any activity that can be considered illegal [unless tm dumped some weed when he ran].

The same report you quoted says the officer determined that gz yelled for help. And either that or another report confirms that tm's father said the voice wasn't tm's.
And there is an eye witness who claims it was Trayvon who was screaming. That witness also claims that when she told the police officer that she could see from the vantage point of her bedroom and it was Trayvon screaming, he told her it was Zimmerman screaming. Could the officer have been trying to "influence" what she saw and heard, or was he just lazy and incompetent? It would have been much less work for him if it was a simple SYG case.

Trayvon's mother positively identified the voice as her son's voice.

See how these things work.....it will be the jury's job to determine the credibility of each witness.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:50 PM

90,296 posts, read 120,983,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It's true that some crimes don't make a lot of sense, but I don't think that means you throw logic out the window when trying your best to figure out what really happened.
You're not supposed to "figure out what really happened" via logic. You are supposed to use the evidence and testimony of those involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy
What did Trayvin Martin do that justified his murder?

Sucker punched a guy then sat astride same guy beating him to a bloody pulp. How far would it have gone if Zimmerman didn't defend himself?

There is absolutely NO evidence for this diatribe. The "bloody pulp" is gross exaggeration..

He was minding his own business and was stalked, then approached by a strange man with a gun.

There are NO reports that say the gun was visible at the time. He wasn't stalked. He was on his way back to his car when attacked by martin.

Zimmerman by his own admission was following Martin. There is no evidence that Martin attacked him.

So was he supposed to just stand there and let GZ cause him bodily harm?
Zimmerman probably asked him what he was doing (I know, a HEINOUS crime in and of itself), Martin copped an attitude and punched him.
Be careful when you assume.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:51 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,572,159 times
Details of George Zimmerman's domestic violence past

Trayvon Martin’s shooter had a domestic violence altercation in 2005 - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

Trayvon Martin George Zimmerman: New details in George Zimmerman domestic violence petitions - Orlando Sentinel

Zimmerman's then girlfriend Veronica Zuazo claimed that three years earlier, Zimmerman had attacked her when they were driving to counseling. She claimed she popped her gum in his face, spurring him to call her names and smacking her mouth with his open hand.
In January 2002, she also claimed, Zimmerman got upset because she got home too late. They tussled. He threw her on the bed. She smacked him. Zimmerman left for the night.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:53 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,085,672 times
Some Details we will never know because he was a minor, but a partial portrait of a 17 yr old that initially was depicted as a 12yr old, murdered on his way home from the store after buying candy and watermelon juice for no reason, well, maybe because he wore a hoodie, tell a story.

-Smoked pot
-Transferred from one HS to another (was he thrown out, expelled? hmmm)
-Suspended from current school 3x
-Tardiness and truancy
-Surveillance camera caught him hiding and acting suspicious in unauthorized areas at his school
-Tattooed
-Reports of punching a bus driver, his cousin posted to his account, “yu ain’t tell me tell me yu swung on a bus driver
-Caught with many pieces of jewelry he can't explain
-Gold Grill in his mouth
-Vandalized school property
-No Limit N**** handle, possible referring to a rap song by Kane and Abel featuring friend C Murder, Lyrics
-Obscene gestures
-Pictures of his friends flashing gang signs on FB
-Carried around a large flathead screwdriver in his school bag, WHY? ? ? <----Can anyone seriously and objectively answer this question.

Any one or two above is not critical, but collectively, clearly the signs of a troubled young man, wannabe thug or one in the making. I am not saying he deserved to die, but many influences in his life, ie, culture, environment, family are contributing factors.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
I don't get how you defenders of Zimmerman can't for a minute put yourself or, let's say your daughter or son, in Martin's shoes for a minute. Imagine having some guy in a car follow your 17-year-old son through the neighborhood at night as he is walking home. As your son picks up his pace and tries to lose the guy, the guy gets out of his vehicle and goes looking for him.

Who among you would condemn your son for fighting this guy? Who among you would claim if the guy shoots and kills your son that the guy did it in self-defense?
ARe you kidding?? I"ve had numerous discussions of what the appropriate action to do in such situations are, and not a single one of the appropriate actions is to be the aggressor and start a fight! Never pull the first punch because who ever does is the one who's going to end up in trouble. And if you CAN get away, you always should!

As for people saying how unfair it is that TM was judged because he was a kid in a hoodie.. in the one picture of him in the convenience store he looks like trouble. I would CERTAINLY keep my eye on him in case he were to try something... and not because he was black, but because he looks like trouble. My own son would look like trouble there too! That's why I get after my oldest for wearing clothes that make him look like a punk!

I don't want people to look at him and see only the clothes and think he's going to be up to something and treat him badly. I want him to be treated like the good kid that he is... but no matter how unjust or unfair life is, that's how people judge you. First impressions matter, not just in an interview!

Old 05-18-2012, 05:58 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,060,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Actually, Trayvon Martin looks innocent in the 7-11 video as well.

What isn't "innocent looking" is your agenda which is quite nefarious and sinister in nature.
I don't have an "agenda".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies