Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2012, 12:14 PM

4 posts, read 20,448 times

Advertisements

If the tables were turned and it was a blackman that did the shooting killing a white boy in a hoodie itwould be wrong right . The black man would not have got bail.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:16 PM

136 posts, read 142,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykemyke64 View Post
If the tables were turned and it was a blackman that did the shooting killing a white boy in a hoodie itwould be wrong right . The black man would not have got bail.
How would you know? That story wouldn't even have made news outside of the city it happened in....Because it happens everyday. Blacks kill each other all the time and nobody cares, but when a "white" man kills one, it is automatically racist and an outrage.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:23 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,931,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykemyke64 View Post
If If If If .....if "if" was a spliff.....

Old 05-21-2012, 12:23 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,757,303 times
If it doesn't matter, why did the family get a PR person to put out the incorrect information?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...thank-him.html

Pointing out people have been duped by a false narrative isn't attacking the family. I mentioned this today because there have been numerous posts in the last couple of days about Trayvon getting candy for his "brother."

Old 05-21-2012, 12:27 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,262,765 times
I think the CDC should declare an epidemic of Trayvonhysteria, a new contagious mental illness whose symptons include irrational thoughts such as thinking the correct "defense" to being followed is to double back and start punching the follower in the face.
A few years back I saw someone drop a checkbook on the ground. I had to follow him for a couple of blocks and even called to him. He heard me and kept walking. I had to run to catch up with him and he seemed a little irritated until I handed him the checkbook, and then he thanked me. I'm glad he didn't suffer from Trayvonhysteria or I may have had a fight on my hands.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:35 PM

812 posts, read 597,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
And yet you have deluded yourself to believe that is what Trayvon would do...Sad

~ButterBrownBiscuit~
I suspect when this trial starts if it ever does, there will be even more debate on who is delusional
We have a politically motivated prosecutor and a bunch of racist thugs trying to make a deal out of a bad deal.
I find it laughable the statements made by travons parents attny that if this was the other way around black on bottom shooter that there would have been an immediate arrest. Well you got your arrest and I suspect that is all you will get.
We all, you included, have a right to protect your person and your property yes even black folk and that is the real upside down of it. Preach on!

Old 05-21-2012, 12:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,019,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
My text is in bold.

Please reply to a post properly on this board. I do not appreciate it when someone changes my original post. I believe that posting inside another comment is against the TOS. Thank you.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:39 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,777,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 Letter Crap Spreader View Post
How would you know? That story wouldn't even have made news outside of the city it happened in....Because it happens everyday. Blacks kill each other all the time and nobody cares, but when a "white" man kills one, it is automatically racist and an outrage.
Refer to the earlier questions in this thread - "Do you know how the legal system works in this country?"

Why yes, we do.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:40 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,888,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
If it doesn't matter, why did the family get a PR person to put out the incorrect information?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...thank-him.html

Pointing out people have been duped by a false narrative isn't attacking the family. I mentioned this today because there have been numerous posts in the last couple of days about Trayvon getting candy for his "brother."
Trayvon's mother and father have been divorced since 1999 according to media. Are you saying that his father was married to someone else, which is why you referred to his girlfriend/fiancee as his "mistress."

Also my dad had a girlfriend with 3 daughters and I considered all of them my sisters. I still do and my dad is no longer with their mother but to me they will always be my sisters. A lot of black people consider people who aren't their relatives, yet they have a special connection with that person to be a certain relation. I have plenty of "play" cousins and aunts and uncles. My husband has a whole second family full of cousins, aunts, uncles, even grandparents that are not related to him. He calls his them "aunt/uncle" so and so or "grandma" and "grandpa" and refers to them as such to everyone.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:45 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,019,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
If you saw me you would know why the young black male Hispanic or white might be following me.
I'm really curious. What do you mean by this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.