Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2012, 11:16 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,416,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
What new evidence? Where is it? Where are these witnesses? Where is the physical evidence?

Does it matter if Zimmerman lied or not? No. It doesn't. What PROOF do you have, he did not? So far the evidence suggests what he has said is true. Sure, you can "twist" things to fit what you want. However, overall and in general, the physical evidence agrees with what Zimmerman says.

Working in the criminal justice field? Yes. 24 years as a police officer. Including over 8 years as a murder investigator. I don't take this one way or the other. Just the facts as they are presented. And, as they are presented, Zimmerman's account gets him out of jail.

It doesn't matter what your personal motivation and/or emotional thoughts are. NOTHING has changed what has been presented.

By the way, EVERYONE lies. Victims, suspects, AND witnesses. NO ONE tells the truth.
Obviously you haven't kept up with the news or even the information in the Trayvon/Zimmerman threads on this board. The State turned over a whole lot of information via discovery recently, which, of course, was filed in the court file, which is open to the public, and for days now people have been listening to tape recorded witness statements and reading new material. I believe it was 188 pages of information, plus 67 CDs of recorded witness statements. There are new witnesses and at least one of the "old witnesses" has changed his story. So you want to know where new evidence is? It's in the court file.

You must be tired after 24 years as a police officer in a big city, too tired to seriously look at a case online.

I'm not thinking emotionally about this case. I'm saying you don't know what the State's evidence is and you are just making assumptions about the whole thing, then making broad brush statements about the criminal justice system.

When the entire defense is resting on the word of the defendant, please explain to me WHY the defendant's credibility would NOT be tested? The State is saying he committed the offense of 2nd degree murder (and lesser includeds) which means they don't believe Zimmerman's claim. The defense is claiming self defense as an affirmative defense, so, yes, the defense will have to put on evidence too. And, no, the physical evidence is not necessarily consistent with Zimmerman's claim. Did Zimmerman lie? We don't know. And whether he did or not certainly does matter in this case.

If this case goes to an immunity hearing before a judge based on SYG, and the judge doesn't believe Zimmerman's claim and denies him immunity, then he has to go to trial and before a jury with the self-defense case. Either way, Zimmerman's credibility or lack of credibility is very important.

Btw, you may not be the only person who has worked in the justice system for a number of years.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:26 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,959,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Pardon me, but what are:

"drug crazed predictors thugs and thrives."

I think that was a Cher song.

Oh, wait! That was Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves. Never mind!

Old 05-20-2012, 11:39 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,280,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Obviously you haven't kept up with the news or even the information in the Trayvon/Zimmerman threads on this board. The State turned over a whole lot of information via discovery recently, which, of course, was filed in the court file, which is open to the public, and for days now people have been listening to tape recorded witness statements and reading new material. I believe it was 188 pages of information, plus 67 CDs of recorded witness statements. There are new witnesses and at least one of the "old witnesses" has changed his story. So you want to know where new evidence is? It's in the court file.

You must be tired after 24 years as a police officer in a big city, too tired to seriously look at a case online.

I'm not thinking emotionally about this case. I'm saying you don't know what the State's evidence is and you are just making assumptions about the whole thing, then making broad brush statements about the criminal justice system.

When the entire defense is resting on the word of the defendant, please explain to me WHY the defendant's credibility would NOT be tested? The State is saying he committed the offense of 2nd degree murder (and lesser includeds) which means they don't believe Zimmerman's claim. The defense is claiming self defense as an affirmative defense, so, yes, the defense will have to put on evidence too. And, no, the physical evidence is not necessarily consistent with Zimmerman's claim. Did Zimmerman lie? We don't know. And whether he did or not certainly does matter in this case.

If this case goes to an immunity hearing before a judge based on SYG, and the judge doesn't believe Zimmerman's claim and denies him immunity, then he has to go to trial and before a jury with the self-defense case. Either way, Zimmerman's credibility or lack of credibility is very important.

Btw, you may not be the only person who has worked in the justice system for a number of years.
Ignorance is truly bliss. The state doesn't believe and/or want anything. This prosecution is NOTHING but a political one. Had Martine been white, this case would have never gone to trial. The ONLY reason it is being prosecuted is because of the race angle.

I'm not being jaded to anything. I am merely pointing out the facts and/or holes in the prosecutions case. NOTHING has come forward, which wasn't previously known. You can say what you will. However, NOTHING has come forward which was different from the first day. I again ask you what? Where? How?

I have read and follow the case. Moreover, I know people who are very intimate with the case. NOTHING has changed. Nor will it.

Immunity has nothing to do with this. IF the entire evidence went before a judge, who could not be fired and/or racked over the coals, the case would be dismissed.

I don't really care if Zimmerman is lying or not. Not on a professional basis. NO ONE can prove he is. It doesn't matter what Corey, the state, you, nor me "believe." It is what can be proven; beyond a reasonable doubt. And in this case, you cannot prove Zimmerman was not in fear of his life and/or great bodily injury. You cannot. NO matter what you think.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,252,123 times
It's a photo. I've learned absolutely nothing in this thread that i didn't already know before.

YAWN....when is the next thread on this topic coming up?

Old 05-20-2012, 11:46 PM

30,318 posts, read 23,789,660 times
No one is learning anything in this thread.

Harrier, I now understand why the media is so successful when they go for the dramatic by twisting things. Look at the responses in this thread:

"What law did he break? Carrying Skittles?"

Good LORD the drama here. There's hardly a sane, rational thought. Yes, it's because he was carrying Skittles, NOT because he jumped on someone and started beating them. That's it exactly.

Forget it. These people are closed minded and buy in to every fricken piece of hype they see on t.v. The more theatrical, the more believable, to them.

That is why the lame stream media continues to succeed and that is why so many things are so very wrong in this country. Because people are just...standing around bleating.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:47 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,599,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's a photo. I've learned absolutely nothing in this thread that i didn't already know before.

YAWN....when is the next thread on this topic coming up?
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:58 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,416,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Ignorance is truly bliss. The state doesn't believe and/or want anything. This prosecution is NOTHING but a political one. Had Martine been white, this case would have never gone to trial. The ONLY reason it is being prosecuted is because of the race angle.

I'm not being jaded to anything. I am merely pointing out the facts and/or holes in the prosecutions case. NOTHING has come forward, which wasn't previously known. You can say what you will. However, NOTHING has come forward which was different from the first day. I again ask you what? Where? How?

I have read and follow the case. Moreover, I know people who are very intimate with the case. NOTHING has changed. Nor will it.

Immunity has nothing to do with this. IF the entire evidence went before a judge, who could not be fired and/or racked over the coals, the case would be dismissed.

I don't really care if Zimmerman is lying or not. Not on a professional basis. NO ONE can prove he is. It doesn't matter what Corey, the state, you, nor me "believe." It is what can be proven; beyond a reasonable doubt. And in this case, you cannot prove Zimmerman was not in fear of his life and/or great bodily injury. You cannot. NO matter what you think.
You say "ignorance is truly bliss"....well, maybe you would know?

Talk about getting emotional about a case, I would say you've just demonstrated 5 paragraphs of great emotion over this case.

Guess you're not familiar with how the SYG statute works in Florida. A defendant who asserts SYG has a right to an immunity hearing if they want one. They have to move the court for such a hearing, but absolutely if they want one they will get it. If the defense attorney wants this case thrown out, that's how he does it, he will go to an immunity hearing. If denied at immunity, then a trial will take place and, as I said, he has already asserted self defense.

Actually, a jury has to find beyond a reasonable doubt that HE WAS IN FEAR FOR HIS LIFE in order to acquit. You can't prove a negative, you're right.

Are you saying that the people you know who are intimate with this case have told you this is a political prosecution, they found nothing new in their far reaching investigation?

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 05-21-2012 at 12:30 AM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 05-21-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No one is learning anything in this thread.

Harrier, I now understand why the media is so successful when they go for the dramatic by twisting things. Look at the responses in this thread:

"What law did he break? Carrying Skittles?"

Good LORD the drama here. There's hardly a sane, rational thought. Yes, it's because he was carrying Skittles, NOT because he jumped on someone and started beating them. That's it exactly.

Forget it. These people are closed minded and buy in to every fricken piece of hype they see on t.v. The more theatrical, the more believable, to them.

That is why the lame stream media continues to succeed and that is why so many things are so very wrong in this country. Because people are just...standing around bleating.
What exactly was the kid supposed to do if he was being followed around and KNEW it was happening?

I'm trying to envision a scenario in which you're following me in a car, i notice it, you get out of the car at some point and approach me and i notice you're the same person that was following me in the car.....and i don't immediately start beating your ass. I can't imagine it. You're getting walloped...immediately. Right in the face as hard as i can. And i'm not gonna stop swinging until you're down on the ground.

That's kinda how it works in the real world. You don't follow someone around in a car and approach them in a hostile manner unless you're expecting an ass whipping. I mean, what world do some of you live in?

Old 05-21-2012, 12:11 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

I'm trying to envision a scenario in which you're following me in a car, i notice it, you get out of the car at some point and approach me and i notice you're the same person that was following me in the car.....and i don't immediately start beating your ass. I can't imagine it. You're getting walloped...immediately. Right in the face as hard as i can. And i'm not gonna stop swinging until you're down on the ground.
I think this could be exactly how it happened.

I don't think enough people are putting themselves in Trayvon's shoes.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I think this could be exactly how it happened.

I don't think enough people are putting themselves in Trayvon's shoes.
OF COURSE that's how it happened!!! You don't need to be a genius to figure it out.

I mean, what kind of person would let someone that is following them around in car get up close on them? LOL...not me, that's for damn sure. Hell, if i'm arguing with you, you'd better stay an armslength away from me because if you get too close, i'm thinking that you're trying to be hostile....and i'm not taking the first punch. Hell no! I'm throwing it.

So imagine what any sane person would do to someone following them in a car that jumps out and approaches them with his chest stuck out. You'd BETTER be swinging if you have any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies