Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2012, 10:13 AM

812 posts, read 596,043 times

Advertisements

There are so many successful black people in the work place isn't it time to end the pity party. If you saw me you would know why the young black male Hispanic or white might be following me.
All I can say is thank goodness for cell phones and snub nose revolvers. My reaction will not be to run down the street to meet him pounce on him and bang his head on the sidewalk...Mmmm maybe later .

Old 05-21-2012, 10:17 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,737,411 times
The 911 tape actually works well for George. It shows he was following the dispatchers instructions.

The dispatcher says twice, "Let me know if he does anything."

Zimmerman- He's running

Dispatcher- Which way?

Zimmerman- breathing heavily, clearly following him (an attempt to keep the dispatcher informed as requested?)- says towards the back entrance

Dispatcher- Are you following him?

GZ- Yes

Dispatcher- we don't need you to do that.

GZ- Ok

Dispatch- what's your name

GZ- George . . . He ran (Breathing back to normal)

Dispatch asked to be kept apprised, GZ was answering their questions. They told him they didn't need him to follow him, he said OK, and then indicated he had lost him ("He ran" not he's still running)

And he indicates later he still doen't know where TM is, because he says it when he won't give out his address because he doesn't know where TM is. The 911 call is much better for the defense than the prosecuter.

Same with the 7-11 tape. It shows he paid at 6:25. The townhomes are .8 miles from the 7-11. So what was he doing, in the rain, from 6:25-7:09? It doesn't fit with the rushing home to give the candy to his "brother" and watch the NBA game.

BTW- "Chad" is not Trayvon's brother. He's Trayvon's married father's mistress's child. Tracy Martin was married to another woman, and Trayvon had been at his stepmother's house with his dad just a few weeks before he died.
Chad isn't a brother, stepbrother, or any relation to Trayvon. The PR consultant Crump hired put out that Chad was his little brother. I guess that sounded better than Trayvon's dad's mistress's child. Can't let the truth get in the way of a good narrative.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:18 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,687,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
There are so many successful black people in the work place isn't it time to end the pity party. If you saw me you would know why the young black male Hispanic or white might be following me.
All I can say is thank goodness for cell phones and snub nose revolvers. My reaction will not be to run down the street to meet him pounce on him and bang his head on the sidewalk...Mmmm maybe later .
Yup. The world's minus one more of 'em because of those things. Bully for you!

Old 05-21-2012, 10:24 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,269,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post

Chad isn't a brother, stepbrother, or any relation to Trayvon. The PR consultant Crump hired put out that Chad was his little brother. I guess that sounded better than Trayvon's dad's mistress's child. Can't let the truth get in the way of a good narrative.
Just like by using the term "mistress" also implies some negativity about Trayvon's father?

Can't let the facts get in the way of attacking and trying to smear the reputation of a dead kid's family.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:25 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,021,783 times
[quote=Lucario;24395243]
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post

The lack of such has done the same for many a qualified nonwhite............

Hold up...the quote function is nutso...I sure as hell didn't make a post
complaining about affirmative action...that was goodgal, and I responded to her. I believe in a level playing field.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:25 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,494,926 times
And yet you have deluded yourself to believe that is what Trayvon would do...Sad

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post

Old 05-21-2012, 10:27 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,737,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Just like by using the term "mistress" also implies some negativity about Trayvon's father?

Can't let the facts get in the way of attacking and trying to smear the reputation of a dead kid's family.
So a married's mand girlfriend is called what?

Old 05-21-2012, 10:40 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,269,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
So a married's mand girlfriend is called what?
This is actually the first I have heard that Trayvon's father is currently married.

So, is he married, as in living with a wife? Are they together and he was cheating on his wife without her knowledge? Or separated?

In any case, I am pretty sure you deliberately used the term "mistress," knowing the negative image that creates.

How about just calling her his "girlfriend?"

Besides, what difference does it make what Trayvon's parents' personal relationships are? What does any of that have to do with the fact that their kid is dead? Who cares if that other boy was his brother or not?

It's just more attacks on the victim and his family and which has been prevalent throughout all of these threads.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:44 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,021,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I cannot believe the hypocrisy from some of you especially the white women on this forum. Why did I single out white women? Mainly because during my lifetime they are the ones that are afraid of black/latino men especially if any of them <gasp> attempted to follow them. I have seen everything from purse clenches to a down right sprints. So why is it so hard for you to believe that a young black male would not have a similiar concern when an older unidentifiable white male is follow him? Ladies if a man that you felt is threatening is following you and you think that it would have better to confront him rather than run and have that person follow you to your family would you? What if it was a man small in stature, and you feel that you can take him (if you had to) would you if you felt threatened?

Simetime, I've lived in several places and worked as a nurse in all of them. I've worked with every minority in the U.S., and never felt fear. Once in St. Louis I crossed the street to avoid a man who was talking to himself and seemed to be agitated, but he was white. Understanding that rape is motivated by a need to dominate, I'd be hesitant about a man of any color following me at night. Trayvon Martin had every right to defend himself against George Zimmerman; please don't lump some posters in with people who are so clearly prejudiced and hateful. I may not have the strength I once had, but I wouldn't hesitate to try gouging out an eye or doing an impromptu castration.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:07 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,247,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I cannot believe the hypocrisy from some of you especially the white women on this forum. Why did I single out white women? Mainly because during my lifetime they are the ones that are afraid of black/latino men especially if any of them <gasp> attempted to follow them. I have seen everything from purse clenches to a down right sprints. So why is it so hard for you to believe that a young black male would not have a similiar concern when an older unidentifiable white male is follow him? Ladies if a man that you felt is threatening is following you and you think that it would have better to confront him rather than run and have that person follow you to your family would you? What if it was a man small in stature, and you feel that you can take him (if you had to) would you if you felt threatened?
Precisely. The sad reality is that there are many who simply believe that black men, being the bête noire of American society, are exempt from the capacity to feel and the right to move freely unmolested by those who would judge him a threat. He is expected to assume a degree of responsibility for the negative biases of others, whether or not he does anything in particular to provoke them (usually, his mere existence is sufficient provocation in itself). Those who are so busy projecting their own fears and anxieties onto people like Trayvon prevent themselves from seeing the other's humanity, so it is no wonder that they would be so loath to afford them the same opportunity to respond to a threat as they likely would have under the exact same circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies