Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 03:30 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucslose View Post
yeah, his doctor mustve been lying. Along with the police. Along with the witnesses.

Perhaps he shouldve just laid there until he was beaten to death.
x2

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-18-2012 at 06:16 PM..

Old 05-18-2012, 03:31 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
From where did you get the slightest hint that Martin had made it anywhere near his dad's girlfriend's house?

One other thing, on the 911 call, when the dispatcher asks are you following him and Zimmerman says yes, and the dispatcher says we don't need you to do that, Zimmerman says ok. You seem to think that Zimmerman stops following him because you can't hear him following him anymore. For all we know, Zimmerman simply changed from a run to a walk and continued following him. He may have said "ok" to the dispatcher as in "ok you don't need me to follow him" while thinking in his head but I'm going to follow anyway because these "a**holes" always get away.

You are right that Martin did run at one point, his girlfriend acknowledges that at first he refused to run and just walked fast, but eventually did run and I left that out.
Zimmerman's truck was parked approximately 300 feet from Martin's house. (dads GF). The shooting took place 210 feet from his door, according to news reports. Reports and witness statements place Zimmerman on a path at the end of the housing units ~250 feet from Martin's door. Martin reportedly was running from that path towards his door (again, about 250 feet away). At this point, Zimmerman stops running, and spends another 1 1/2 minutes on the phone...after losing site of M as he was running towards his house, so he was well under 250 feet at that time. We know he had plenty of time to just walk into his door (again, <250 feet and well over 1 1/2 minutes that Z spends on the phone).

Given that he was shot by the path that Zimmerman was on while talking with dispatch, it is reasonable to believe that Martin left the area near his house and approached Zimmerman. It is a scenario that fits the evidence. Do you have a different one that does so?

There is a google map photo that shows the locations involved, let me know if you'd like me to show a link.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:31 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Also, the black eyes that result from your nose being broken heal relatively quickly...and the healing process with humans vary from case case...I know, it's pretty hard to grasp.
True, but does any of this matter if Trayvon Martin was casually strolling home when he was confronted by an angry stranger with a gun?

Old 05-18-2012, 03:32 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Long reach can inflict rapid, sustained and damaging blows. You don't have to be a running back ( he played footballl btw). He seems athletic and substantially taller than the average teenager.
Trayvon was 5 feet 11 inches tall. He was measured by the medical examiner, so that is a FACT.

Do you have any numbers on the height of the "average teenager"? "substantially taller"?

Old 05-18-2012, 03:36 PM

835 posts, read 1,041,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
At this point, Zimmerman stops running, and spends another 1 1/2 minutes on the phone...after losing site of M as he was running towards his house, so he was well under 250 feet at that time. We know he had plenty of time to just walk into his door (again, <250 feet and well over 1 1/2 minutes that Z spends on the phone).

Zimmerman did not stop following Martin to talk to the cops. He continued following him.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:36 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Yeah, his doctor mustve been lying. Along with the police. Along with the witnesses.

Perhaps he shouldve just laid there until he was beaten to death.
I didn't say they were lying. I was talking about the extent of his injuries.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-18-2012 at 06:18 PM..

Old 05-18-2012, 03:37 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,895,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Zimmerman's truck was parked approximately 300 feet from Martin's house. (dads GF). The shooting took place 210 feet from his door, according to news reports. Reports and witness statements place Zimmerman on a path at the end of the housing units ~250 feet from Martin's door. Martin reportedly was running from that path towards his door (again, about 250 feet away). At this point, Zimmerman stops running, and spends another 1 1/2 minutes on the phone...after losing site of M as he was running towards his house, so he was well under 250 feet at that time. We know he had plenty of time to just walk into his door (again, <250 feet and well over 1 1/2 minutes that Z spends on the phone).

Given that he was shot by the path that Zimmerman was on while talking with dispatch, it is reasonable to believe that Martin left the area near his house and approached Zimmerman. It is a scenario that fits the evidence. Do you have a different one that does so?

There is a google map photo that shows the locations involved, let me know if you'd like me to show a link.
Please do, thank you. Also, could you give me a link to the article discussing 300 ft and 250 ft, etc?

Old 05-18-2012, 03:45 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
To many, Martin's skin color makes him look menancing and criminally-inclined no matter how young he looks. GZ apparently thought so.

GZ, armed, had the opportunity to remain in his car since Martin wasn't doing anything criminal, OR initiate a confrontation that he knew could give him the opportunity to use his gun on this black person wearing a hood eating Skittles.

GZ, premeditated and deliberated ---> 1st degree Murder. He should hang.
GZ should be given a medal for ridding the world of a piece of worthless garbage. He saved the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars by not having to cage Trayvon for most of his life because that was his destiny.

It is not illegal to follow someone around but some seem to believe the entire thing was Zimmerman's fault because he followed a hoodlum around.

Here, let's let the major news medial help in making up your mind who is guilty.

I can't wait for the trial when Zimmerman is found not guilty.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:45 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Actually, it's the States job to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman knowingly or recklessly killed Martin. It's Zimmerman's job to prove that he did it in self-defense.
That is only because Zimmerman has asserted the affirmative defense of self defense. Otherwise, Zimmerman could remain silent and not put on any evidence, and, instead, just try to discredit state witnesses on cross examination and make their case in opening and closing statements.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:49 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
I have no doubt that the media is/was trying desperately to spin this story one way - and one way only.

Still, if Zimmerman had not left his car, none of this would have happened... He did, even after being advised by cops not to do so - and ultimately, he created this situation.

they absolutely were....showing pictures of when he was 9 and 11??? Totally were trying to oversensitize the issue and make it resonate with the mob.

It was downright disgusting...the media coverage is just as much of a tragedy as the death of Martin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies