Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 02:46 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,683,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I haven't heard them. I'd want a voice expert to listen to them to determine authenticity. the passport? People forget about that sort of thing, it's not necessarily dishonesty if he forgot about it.
He applied for a new passport two weeks after the shooting.

Then turned in the expired one and kept the new one.

You think he forgot about that?

1,936 posts, read 1,828,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
I wish I could figure a way to bet against the seemed odds that IMO Z will walk without a trial. I still don't know and would hedge my bet on the facts of who approached who, who closed the body space but if Z is not a pure rank liar he walks.

Sime I hope you have told ur kids not to jump on a stranger.
You post like you know what gz's parents told him do you know? gz should have stayed in his car. Judges don't like LIARS!

8,299 posts, read 8,618,600 times
Quote:
I haven't heard them. I'd want a voice expert to listen to them to determine authenticity. the passport? People forget about that sort of thing, it's not necessarily dishonesty if he forgot about it.
What's your investment in this guy being not only innocent but also a victim?

Old 06-01-2012, 02:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,418,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Did your opinion change when he was given bail?

The prosecution still has to prove its case. Nothing released this far shows they are able to do that. Zimmerman in my mind he is not a flight risk. He could have fled anytime before he was arrested. He did not. Not sure why he decided to not be forthcoming with the judge. Well he will be spending the next few months in jail. I guess one silver lining for him is noe the state bears the risk of keeping him safe.
Let's see. Why might he not have fled before he was arrested? It's starting to look like he really wanted that money, and if he had just fled there was no way he could keep it. This guy appears to be very cocky and not all that bright. He probably thought he could beat this charge and end up with what money was left over after the immunity hearing. I'm starting to think that George thought this was going to be a quick, immunity hearing type of situation, and that he would not have to go to trial.

Do you not realize that Zimmerman's credibility will be the most important thing in this trial? He claims self-defense and maybe SYG. That means that his truthfulness is definitely an ISSUE. The jury will have to believe that he is telling the truth about being in fear for his life, and not just lying to get out of this mess. His lies regarding money for bail, again, ON THE RECORD, UNDER OATH, go directly to his credibility, his truthfulness as a person.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:47 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,562,078 times
Quote:
George Zimmermn willfully LIED. He willfully conspired with his wife to move the money around. He had his attorney stand up in court and misrepresent his financial circumstances. The trial hasn't even started and yet George Zimmerman is now a proven LIAR in the eyes of the court.

U.S. News - Judge revokes bail for George Zimmerman in Trayvon Martin case

Old 06-01-2012, 02:48 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Did your opinion change when he was given bail?

The prosecution still has to prove its case. Nothing released this far shows they are able to do that. Zimmerman in my mind he is not a flight risk. He could have fled anytime before he was arrested. He did not. Not sure why he decided to not be forthcoming with the judge. Well he will be spending the next few months in jail. I guess one silver lining for him is noe the state bears the risk of keeping him safe.
He wasn't just "not forthcoming", he lied. He lied about the money and the passport. He has lied about other things as well and it is a possibility that he lied about his encounter with Trayvon Martin and how it started. To attack Trayvon Martin's character about smoking marijuana, having a screwdriver in his back pack and some jewelry and over look George Zimmerman's lies and history of aggressive behavior is ridiculous. If he instigated the fight that ended Trayvon Martin's life, none of that matters and with history it is not so unbelievable.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,926,055 times
Quote:
Really, people forget about applying for a replacement for a "lost" passport that was going to expire soon only a few months later? Do you really expect someone to believe that when Zimmerman gave the suddenly not lost expired passport to the court, he completely forgot about the new valid passport that he had recently applied for and had in his possession? I would love to see Zimmerman try that line of BS on a jury.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:50 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,418,645 times
Quote:
Well, the jail can prove it was Zimmerman, and the number to which the call was made can and I"m sure has been verified.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:51 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,739,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
He applied for a new passport two weeks after the shooting.

Then turned in the expired one and kept the new one.

You think he forgot about that?
Do you have a link to that? I haven't read it anywhere else.
The comments from the judge wouldn't seem to indicate that:

Quote:
In revoking bail, Lester said he was not swayed by arguments about the second passport, often routinely obtained by people who lose their passports.
It seems the judge was more swayed by the financial information. It seems like if he had gotten a new passport 2 weeks after the shooting that the judge wouldn't have dismissed that part so easily.

U.S. News - Judge revokes bail for George Zimmerman in Trayvon Martin case

Old 06-01-2012, 02:51 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,695,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
What's your investment in this guy being not only innocent but also a victim?
So everybody who disagrees with you has a vested interest?

Cool!

Thank God cooler heads prevail at actual trials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies