Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 04:14 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,942,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I also don't know when he received it, but are you saying that lying about a U.S. Passport and over $200k in funds received is okay?
How can you possibly twist my post into anything remotely close to that?

By the way, the US News article linked says the amount was $135k, not "over $200k."

Old 06-01-2012, 04:16 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Apparently you don't believe in following the law, huh?
In gz's position, I'd have been gone in a nanosecond. I'd figure an arrest and conviction were inevitable.

What law would he have broken by splitting before his arrest.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:17 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
How would that have been not following the law? Why would there have been any prohibition on him leaving the country before the special prosecutor was brought in & filed the charges? The authorities involved to that point had not accused him of any crime. He should, therefore, have been free to come and go as he pleased, just like any other US citizen.
Boy, people really know how to twist a comment around here, unless you think "fleeing the country" means taking a vacation.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:19 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
How can you possibly twist my post into anything remotely close to that?

By the way, the US News article linked says the amount was $135k, not "over $200k."
Okay, that might be because of the money they already spent. I guess they only had $135,000 left. Previous news reports stated he had raised over $200k. In any case, it's still a lie. I guess you've never worked for the IRS. If you don't report income, whether it is $20,000 or $100,000 you are still violating the law. So when they said they were broke & indigent, they were still lying. You are trying very hard to clean this up, but it still comes out smelling like dog poo.

By the way, if you think $135,000 is chump change, I'll send you my bank's routing number and my account. Direct deposit is fine with me.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:20 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
I'm not sure that's what happened. I know that getting a new passport takes 4-6 weeks under normal circumstances. What's been said is that he GOT the new passport 2 weeks after the shooting. So when did he report it lost & apply for a new one? If that happened after the shooting....Well then he can't claim anything other than having lied about it when he turned in the old one.
Bill, I can promise you that the State Attorney knows all the details regarding that passport. They are able to get records on things like that while conducting a criminal investigation. They know, from passport official records, exactly when he reported his passport lost, when he applied for a replacement, and when he received it. My guess is that a copy of those records are most likely attached to the State's Motion to revoke bail which was filed today.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:24 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
In gz's position, I'd have been gone in a nanosecond. I'd figure an arrest and conviction were inevitable.

What law would he have broken by splitting before his arrest.
If he was charged with a crime after he fled, then he'd be wanted for arrest. What is our extradition agreement with Peru? Do we have one?

Old 06-01-2012, 04:27 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
This is a murder thread, isn't it???? This needs to go in True Crime
Weren't you part of the Zimmerman contingent of supporters who have been adamant that no crime has been committed?

If no crime was committed, why would it be in the "True Crime" forum?

And what difference does it make to you where this thread is located anyway?

Old 06-01-2012, 04:28 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I don't "support George. I support "justice".

I am making the issue because my thread, which is just as "controversial" as this case...was moved to "True Crime" by the forum nazis.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Strange what is arbitrarily considered 'true crime' and what is not

Old 06-01-2012, 04:28 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
I'm not sure that's what happened. I know that getting a new passport takes 4-6 weeks under normal circumstances. What's been said is that he GOT the new passport 2 weeks after the shooting. So when did he report it lost & apply for a new one? If that happened after the shooting....Well then he can't claim anything other than having lied about it when he turned in the old one.
How to Get Your Passport in a Hurry

Anyone can get an expedited passport.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:30 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Weren't you part of the Zimmerman contingent of supporters who have been adamant that no crime has been committed?

If no crime was committed, why would it be in the "True Crime" forum?

And what difference does it make to you where this thread is located anyway?

Was he charged with a crime??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies