Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 07:06 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,441,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Many here do not believe that as fact that is my point. It is a racism drama by black politically power motivated politicians. I believe this will never go to trial unless forced by racial instigation unless Z did invade his body space prior to being attacked. I think that likely did not happen.
I can only take the fact that a criminal case has been filed at face value. I have absolutely no way of proving that the State Attorney was coerced to file the charges.

This case MUST go either to a trial or immunity hearing..(there are no other options but a plea)..Even if Zimmerman is offered a plea deal and takes it, the facts of the case will be read into the record and Zimmerman will have to agree to the facts or his plea will not be accepted. So something of a "factual nature" will come out. This case will come to a formal resolution.

It is impossible for high profile cases like this to "fall through the cracks" with no questions ever being asked.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:40 PM

812 posts, read 598,476 times
I can understand though I disrespect a politically motivated prosecutor buying future votes with this but I doubt,hope have to believe a judge would not bring this to trial unless it can be shown Zimmerman entered Trayvons body space. If he did sorry bout his luck he killed a young man and wasted his own life in the process. He may also become a wealthy man. I hope he is not allowed to profit from the tabloids etc.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
I can understand though I disrespect a politically motivated prosecutor buying future votes with this but I doubt,hope have to believe a judge would not bring this to trial unless it can be shown Zimmerman entered Trayvons body space. If he did sorry bout his luck he killed a young man and wasted his own life in the process. He may also become a wealthy man. I hope he is not allowed to profit from the tabloids etc.
If convicted, Zimmerman will not be allowed to profit from the crime. That's a law in Florida.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
I hope she is being truthful or she could get the biggest jail time of anyone.
Not really. I don't know the sentencing guidelines for perjury, but I do know that perjury is almost never charged. I think it's because of the statute, it's too hard to prove...something regarding intent, etc.

Anyway, this witness will surely be deposed by the defense to get her statement on the record, under oath, before any trial or immunity hearing. Nobody is going to let this girl get on the witness stand and lie. If her story falls apart under cross examination, I don't think the state would call her as a witness.

My guess is that's she's telling what she remembers and how she remembers it happening.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:21 PM

812 posts, read 598,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Not really. I don't know the sentencing guidelines for perjury, but I do know that perjury is almost never charged. I think it's because of the statute, it's too hard to prove...something regarding intent, etc.

Anyway, this witness will surely be deposed by the defense to get her statement on the record, under oath, before any trial or immunity hearing. Nobody is going to let this girl get on the witness stand and lie. If her story falls apart under cross examination, I don't think the state would call her as a witness.

My guess is that's she's telling what she remembers and how she remembers it happening.
No attorney here but in cases where someone is harmed I suspect charged is a virtual certainty.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:45 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,443,820 times
Quote:
Oh I agree but we still have the right of self defense and z had the right to be a guard for his neighborhood
For the umpteenth time, Zimmerman was not acting in the capacity of a neighborhood guard.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:57 AM

14,268 posts, read 19,048,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyso40 View Post
You never, ever confront somebody when you are carrying unless somebodys life is imminently in jeopardy! Some people speak of being emboldened when carrying a firearm!. Carrying actually makes me more apprehensive, I look to avoid confrontation. Zimmerman may have had no choice but to use his weapon after the fact, however, I can clearly see why he failed out of police training.
I can't give you a rep.

I once posted a link to a web site for gun owners that agrees with you.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:57 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,261,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Look man...you can play these silly games all you want. If Martin was the attacker, then you can't tell me that him attacking Zimmerman was a simple coincidence. Why didn't Martin attack a hundred other people instead of Zimmerman? You're making sound as if this was random when it's anything but.

Martin wasn't a choirboy, but he doesn't have any history of being pugnacious that i've seen. If he does, produce it. Zimmerman has a long history of being combative. So please, lets not pretend that him doing the confronting is some sort of stretch. It isn't.

Bottom line: this time he wasn't confronting his girlfriend. He was confronting someone who was wilier and tougher than he was, although when he was sizing up Martin, he didn't think so. When he found out, it was too late. He was already getting his ass whipped.

You guys can't face it because Martin is your worse nightmare. Martin was your prototypical punk kid. You'd love to think that if you saw a kid like Martin, you could easily back the punk kid down....especially if you're armed. Now however, you have your doubts. You could get your ass kicked, and you might actually have to shoot him to get him off you. You don't really wanna shoot someone because you've got a kool-aid heart, and you can't handle the jail time should you be found guilty of a wrongful shooting. Basically, i'm saying that most of you Zimmerman supporters are soft...just like Zimmerman. And now, you're wondering what you would do in that situation because it's not working out so well for Zimmerman in the aftermath.

Fear. It's a tough thing to face....i know.
There are a few videos out there showing Trayvon boxing.

Rare Video Of Trayvon Martin Fighting Video

Old 06-01-2012, 08:32 AM

13,186 posts, read 12,392,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Zimmerman had been in talks with Fox and Hannity. It makes you wonder if he truly was a democrat, why on earth would he be in contact with fox and Hannity
Because they are the only ones defending him, besides his father already attacked the president with a accusation of making a racist remark

Old 06-01-2012, 08:34 AM

13,186 posts, read 12,392,121 times
Quote:
Oh I agree but we still have the right of self defense and z had the right to be a guard for his neighborhood
Please explain what was he "guarding" his neighborhood from? A band of skittle smugglers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies