Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 10:24 AM

17,462 posts, read 14,702,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
But his brother said he was one step from needing to be spoon fed the rest of his life. He would not have walked into the police station, moving all his extremities equally (an important neuro sign), speaking coherently, just minutes after the shooting if that were the case.
Untrue.

Zimmerman wouldn't have been able to walk into the police station, speak coherently IF the beating would've continued.

He shot Martin in self defense before that happened.

So yes, Zimmerman's brother was most likely correct - and Zimmerman stopped Trayvon before that "one step" was crossed.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:25 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,220,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I agree that facts matter. The problem here is that there are no facts which support either contention ... .that Zimmerman was acting in self-defense or that Martin was. But we do have the advice from 911 to Zimmerman and that could damage his argument that he was acting in self-defense.

On the plus side for Zimmerman is the failure of the police to conduct a proper investigation after the shooting. For example, the police conducted toxicology tests for drugs and alcohol on Martin, but not Zimmerman. That failure reduces the evidence available and leaves more room for doubt.
Wrong... very wrong.

Instructions from a 911 dispatcher establish nothing...

Also modern technology allows police to triangulate your position based on cell-phone ping to tower.

This will be crucial in showing TM doubled back

Old 04-20-2012, 10:25 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,940,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
If your best argument now about the chain of events is the extent of blood spatter or injuries... then you have already accepted that he could have had a perceived fear for his life at the time of triggerpull.... So he has a self defense claim.
If Zimmerman instigated the confrontation by following Martin then, possibly, his injuries are a result of Martin acting in his own self-defense?

Old 04-20-2012, 10:29 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,373,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
What will it take to satisfy you, bits of gz's skull on the ground.

Those who refuse to accept the probability that his version of events is true, either because he shouldn't have left his car, or hate guns, or because he's not black, will never be satisfied.
^^ This.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:32 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,697,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

IMO, Zimmerman is responsible for Martin's death because he was the prime mover of the events that night. Everything that Martin did was in reaction to Zimmerman's initial decision to follow him.
I agree, Ray. I wish that Zimmerman could be convicted for being stupid, for being an overzealous wannabe somebody important person, or for his violent behavior, but he may walk for lack of evidence to support a different story of the events that transpired that day.

The most chilling thought that I've had about this incident is that, "Dead boys tell no tales."

Old 04-20-2012, 10:33 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,940,652 times
Quote:
Wrong... very wrong.

Instructions from a 911 dispatcher establish nothing...

Also modern technology allows police to triangulate your position based on cell-phone ping to tower.

This will be crucial in showing TM doubled back
I don't see how that is relevant. We know that a confrontation took place. We do not know - and probably never will know - how it was instigated. By the same token, we do not know who was acting in self-defense. Was it Zimmerman or was it Martin?

Personally, I think Zimmerman will be acquitted simply because of the lack of facts or evidence to prove otherwise beyond a reasonable doubt.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:40 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,373,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I don't see how that is relevant. We know that a confrontation took place. We do not know - and probably never will know - how it was instigated. By the same token, we do not know who was acting in self-defense. Was it Zimmerman or was it Martin?

Personally, I think Zimmerman will be acquitted simply because of the lack of facts or evidence to prove otherwise beyond a reasonable doubt.
Reasonable doubt being the key. I don't think they can prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt, at least not from what I've seen so far.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:45 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
Zimmerman looks alot more hispanic than anglo saxon white protestant male as the media has portrayed him FYI....
His face looks a lot darker today than it did when he was arrested. There must be a tanning salon at his jail, or he's spending a lot of time outside.

Quote:
If your best argument now about the chain of events is the extent of blood spatter or injuries... then you have already accepted that he could have had a perceived fear for his life at the time of triggerpull.... So he has a self defense claim.
When did I say a word about blood spatter? I am saying the extent of his injuries (or lack thereof) show he was not beaten to "a bloody pulp" or "almost to the point of needing to be spoon fed for the rest of his life", both comments attributed to his brother.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:54 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
I agree, Ray. I wish that Zimmerman could be convicted for being stupid, for being an overzealous wannabe somebody important person, or for his violent behavior, but he may walk for lack of evidence to support a different story of the events that transpired that day.
I agree.

Quote:
The most chilling thought that I've had about this incident is that, "Dead boys tell no tales."
Yes, unfortunately this is what it is probably going to come down to - instead of "he said, he said," it's going to be a case of "he said, he......can't say."

Because I have very little faith in the Sanford Police Department when it comes to having collected evidence in a timely and efficient manner, it is going to come down to the fact that only two people really knows what happened that night - and one of them isn't talking because he is dead.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:56 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,199,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
His face looks a lot darker today than it did when he was arrested. There must be a tanning salon at his jail, or he's spending a lot of time outside.
Are you serious?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.