Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 11:41 AM

835 posts, read 1,041,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Exactly!! I don't think he was scared of anything.

Even so if he turned to confront Zimmerman a simple "Hey man you gotta problem? Why you following me?". Zimmerman would have responded in some corny fashion, Trayvon would have mumbled something under his breath turned around and went home. Simple done everyone is happy. When you engage someone violently all bets are off anything can and does happen.

Y They still have the statement from TM girlfriend, who he was on the phone with at that time, that says Trayvon was worried about some awkward man following him.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:42 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
It does to me. If I am on the jury, Zimmerman is the one that has to prove it was self defense. He already admitted to killing someone, he would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he was justified or I would vote to convict.
So guilty until proven innocent?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:43 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Y They still have the statement from TM girlfriend, who he was on the phone with at that time, that says Trayvon was worried about some awkward man following him.
If he was so terribly worried...why didn't he just walk in his door and close it?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:43 AM

17,806 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
See this is what I mean by arguing based on emotion. What facts that have been released to the public lead you to believe Zimmerman detained Trayvon in any fashion?
There are no "facts" about who started the fight. The way these things happen they were probably both culpable.

We do know that prior to the actual confrontation George Zimmerman took Trayvon Martin's actions as "suspicious" although not directed toward Zimmerman himself (initially). We also know that Trayvon Martin took George Zimmerman's actions as "menacing" and we DO know that his actions were directed toward Martin.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:44 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
He was not a few feet from his doorway.

He was a nice distance away.
The shooting of Trayvon Martin - Google Maps
Well, why didn't he run home, if he ran in the first place? He, at some point, had to turn and confont Z.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
According to news reports the shooting occurred 210 feet from his door. Zimmerman was ~250 feet from Martin's door for a period of several minutes (a good part of that on the phone with 911) during which time he was in no way detaining Martin. Martin was reportedly much closer to home than that, when Zimmerman lost sight of him. Again...why didn't Martin simply walk into the house he was staying at? Why did he feel the need to instigate a fight with Zimmerman.

How did you know he instigated a fight with him. Martin's girlfriend said that GZ confronted Martin. GZ was following him around and Martin stopped to ask him why.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
If he was so terribly worried...why didn't he just walk in his door and close it?
Because he wasn't near the house.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:45 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,634 times
Quote:
According to news reports the shooting occurred 210 feet from his door. Zimmerman was ~250 feet from Martin's door for a period of several minutes (a good part of that on the phone with 911) during which time he was in no way detaining Martin. Martin was reportedly much closer to home than that, when Zimmerman lost sight of him. Again...why didn't Martin simply walk into the house he was staying at? Why did he feel the need to instigate a fight with Zimmerman?
How do you know he instigated a fight with Zimmerman?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:47 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Dershowitz slams the prosecutor yet again. I thought what she is doing was unethical maybe a civil violation turns out it can be construed as perjury. This woman can end up in jail following the diktats of Obama, Holder and Sharpton.

Dershowitz Blasts Zimmerman Prosecution: 'Not Only Immoral, But Stupid'

Quote:
Dershowitz continued, “An affidavit that willfully misstates undisputed evidence known to the prosecution is not only unethical but borders on perjury because an affiant swears to tell not only the truth, but the whole truth, and suppressing an important part of the whole truth is a lie."

When asked if it made a difference whether the prosecution had the bloody photograph at the time they charged Zimmerman, Dershowitz responded, “We do know that there were earlier photographs before the affidavit was done that strongly suggested blood on the back of the head, and we know the police had first access to him, so if there was blood they [the prosecution] would know about it …

"I've had cases in Florida against prosecutors,” Dershowitz said, “and this is not the first time they have willfully omitted exculpatory evidence. It's a continuing problem. Here, it’s not only immoral, but stupid. The whole country is watching. What do they benefit from having half-truths in an affidavit?"

Dershowitz added, "I'm not taking sides, but I'm insisting that both sides play by the rules, and so far the prosecution is not playing by the rules."

Old 04-20-2012, 11:47 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
This was taken by a witness at the scene FYI

Are you one of those who believe in tinfoil hats too?
An "anonymous" witness. NONE Of these people will give any more than their first names, like "John" who may be lying about his name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies