Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2020, 01:51 PM

6,360 posts, read 5,090,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I expect that also, but I also expect the Dems keeping everything yellow as long as possible and/or trying to go back and forth as much as possible, and keep the economy lagging as much as possible until the election.

i'm sure there must be democrats that are have already gone against government suggestions.

out my way, i am assuming the younger ones are typical hate-trump crowd - they haven't given a rats hiney about masks and social distancing and whatever else.

so your comments along party lines, as if the democrats are manipulating this pandemic to oust trump, are just another fabricated talking point extremists (of either side) use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 03:17 PM

41,015 posts, read 18,354,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
i'm sure there must be democrats that are have already gone against government suggestions.

out my way, i am assuming the younger ones are typical hate-trump crowd - they haven't given a rats hiney about masks and social distancing and whatever else.

so your comments along party lines, as if the democrats are manipulating this pandemic to oust trump, are just another fabricated talking point extremists (of either side) use.
Of course there are, but they don’t make political decisions.

There’s plenty of older ones that are in the hate Trump crowd, and their distain runs extremely deep.

I wouldn’t call it a fabricated talking point by extremists. Dems have been trying to oust him for almost 4 years doing most everything possible, including wasting $40+m of taxpayer dollars.

How many Republicans in office are against reopening the country versus Democrats in office who want to stay closed as much as possible? There was a poll listed here about Wolf having 70% approval rate. Dems were 90% and Republicans were 50%. Pretty huge difference.

Old 05-18-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Of course there are, but they don’t make political decisions.

There’s plenty of older ones that are in the hate Trump crowd, and their distain runs extremely deep.

I wouldn’t call it a fabricated talking point by extremists. Dems have been trying to oust him for almost 4 years doing most everything possible, including wasting $40+m of taxpayer dollars.

How many Republicans in office are against reopening the country versus Democrats in office who want to stay closed as much as possible? There was a poll listed here about Wolf having 70% approval rate. Dems were 90% and Republicans were 50%. Pretty huge difference.
i recall well, that Bill and Hillary hand't even used the toilet in the White House before the GOP started slinging dirt. How many millions were wasted on Whitewater, and a few other 'scandals'?

Old 05-18-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
i recall well, that Bill and Hillary hand't even used the toilet in the White House before the GOP started slinging dirt. How many millions were wasted on Whitewater, and a few other 'scandals'?
Nice strawman argument...but I don’t know. How many millions?

What’s the % of Dems wanting things shut down versus Republicans that want things open?

Why such a huge difference in approval rate of Dems versus Republicans towards Wolf on handling the virus?

Old 05-18-2020, 05:54 PM

2,109 posts, read 2,170,469 times
Quote:
Nice strawman argument...but I don’t know. How many millions?

What’s the % of Dems wanting things shut down versus Republicans that want things open?

Why such a huge difference in approval rate of Dems versus Republicans towards Wolf on handling the virus?
Because those in power around the world see greater value in having humans divided and fighting against one another instead of coming together?

Old 05-18-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsStanwix? View Post
Because those in power around the world see greater value in having humans divided and fighting against one another instead of coming together?
Absolutely, and Dems will do everything humanly possible to get Trump out of office, no matter the consequences.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:26 PM
gg

26,135 posts, read 26,116,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsStanwix? View Post
I have fully given up on "coming together". Being a moderate like myself is impossible. You talk to the far left and they think you are in a Nazi group or the KKK. Talk to the right and you are a communist. You can't win if you are moderate unless you just smile and nod.

I have fully given up on all of it and not voting this time around. A clueless 77 year old vs. a very poor fit for office other than some good policies, but still, I can't vote for him.

The power is the media feed we all get. From NPR/CNN to FOX. The BBC even sucks if you are moderate. Most are left leaning. There is no balanced feed. Not one.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post

The power is the media feed we all get. From NPR/CNN to FOX. The BBC even sucks if you are moderate. Most are left leaning. There is no balanced feed. Not one.

agree on the BBC, as I have come to realize over the years. pretty dismayed about that, since i always thought they delivered the news so well (guess im a sucker for the accent, too).

the press in canada's most populous area, toronto, is the same.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:49 PM
gg

26,135 posts, read 26,116,502 times
Quote:
agree on the BBC, as I have come to realize over the years. pretty dismayed about that, since i always thought they delivered the news so well (guess im a sucker for the accent, too).

the press in canada's most populous area, toronto, is the same.
It is interesting about the BBC feed for the US. I guess they decided to lean left quite a bit and hype things up to keep up with the rest of our feeds. It is a shame. I don't feel there is a single news channel out there for me as a moderate. Not even remotely. I guess I could try the AP to see if that is just news? Haven't tried it yet.

Old 05-19-2020, 06:22 AM

14,357 posts, read 17,138,715 times
Quote:
Absolutely, and Dems will do everything humanly possible to get Trump out of office, no matter the consequences.
For f*cks sake man - does everything boil down to "Democrats are bad" to you? Absolutely everything? If the Chinese, or aliens, were invading the U.S., would you be more concerned with how Democrats were undermining us due to disloyalty than actually - you know - uniting against a common enemy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh