Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 10:21 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
...but I do not see CNN nor Fox as evil ....
We can agree to disagree. Don't know about Fox, but CNN is evil. If they can take a bunch of school kids waiting for a bus that were verbally attacked by a racist group because they are white and some Indian bangs a drum right in front of a child's face and they make the kids the problem, they are evil. I'll never forget that as long as I live and watched the entire 1+ hour video that showed the whole thing. If they can attack school kids, they are evil and what is more scary to me is it went viral with people on Facebook sharing it. I can honestly see how Hitler did what he did. We haven't evolved much. We need to question our feeds better as a society. Go to the sources and form your own opinion. Time well spent if you want to spread news or 90% of the time fake news.

News: a report of recent events Sources of ALL kinds aren't just reporting news. They are rendering an opinion or selecting news to lean people. There are NO balance from any source. Not one. BBC is toast as well before someone mentions it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 10:28 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnlvsxy View Post
Your right, let's try it without spin. Let's just listen to the self proclaimed leader of the free world as he pontificates on the best way to fight this virus:

Supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light?

Supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or ah, in some other way?

And then I see the disinfectant, it knocks it out in a minute. Is there a way we do something like that, through injection inside or or almost a cleaning?

You know, after reading that, you're right. The media got it all wrong. What he said was in fact perfectly reasonable and very thoughtful. I'm guessing that UPMC is going to open a Disinfectant and Powerful Light (TM) division and devote some of their top medical minds to this.
"Supposing"
"Supposing"
Then another question.

What did he get right? He is asking questions and looking for some hope.

You are in the hate mode like a lot of other people. Trump sucks as a speaker on this, but the media has people drinking Lysol. Seriously? He is addressing a medical team and looks like a dope, but drinking Lysol? Come on, we lost it completely.

Old 04-24-2020, 10:33 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,993,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
"Supposing"
"Supposing"
Then another question.

You are in the hate mode like a lot of other people. Trump sucks as a speaker on this, but the media has people drinking Lysol. Seriously? He is addressing a medical team and looks like a dope, but drinking Lysol? Come on, we lost it completely.

If you look at what really happened and not what you are being fed you find that Trump's instincts were spot on at almost every turn. He closed of travel from China and was called horrible names by the media and Democrats. He has talked about opening the economy but then followed the experts. Unlike the media which has been 100% negative trying to increase the fear, Trump has tried to put a vision of a brighter future out there. That is what a leader does. Compare this timeline to the timeline of H1N1 and see how slow that response was.

Old 04-24-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
We can agree to disagree. Don't know about Fox, but CNN is evil. If they can take a bunch of school kids waiting for a bus that were verbally attacked by a racist group because they are white and some Indian bangs a drum right in front of a child's face and they make the kids the problem, they are evil. I'll never forget that as long as I live and watched the entire 1+ hour video that showed the whole thing. If they can attack school kids, they are evil and what is more scary to me is it went viral with people on Facebook sharing it. I can honestly see how Hitler did what he did. We haven't evolved much. We need to question our feeds better as a society. Go to the sources and form your own opinion. Time well spent if you want to spread news or 90% of the time fake news.

News: a report of recent events Sources of ALL kinds aren't just reporting news. They are rendering an opinion or selecting news to lean people. There are NO balance from any source. Not one. BBC is toast as well before someone mentions it.

We do not have journalism any more from the major media outlets. It is all propaganda. There is better information about COVID-19 and the crisis on YouTube than the media. The media has been 99% negative in this crisis. The media has made this crisis much worse and if the death rate is actually close to the flu, the media will have caused us to waste trillions in government spending and lost economic activity.

Old 04-24-2020, 10:46 AM

684 posts, read 420,070 times
Quote:
"Supposing"
"Supposing"
Then another question.

You're right..he's thinking outside the box.

Supposing we all ate those green scrubbies? Maybe they'll help clean the virus?
Supposing we start at the sun during an eclipse? Maybe the rays of light will penetrate our eyes and make us immune from the virus?

He's a moron. He's literally the dumbest person to ever hold elected office in the history of mankind.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:00 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,059,604 times
Quote:
... but CNN is evil. If they can take a bunch of school kids waiting for a bus that were verbally attacked by a racist group because they are white and some Indian bangs a drum right in front of a child's face and they make the kids the problem, they are evil. I'll never forget that as long as I live....

no doubt - that one, the Duke University La Crosse team, and the very recent "racist hand signs" at last years's Army-Navy game - all big let downs for me, since i did believe American TV news sources were still relatively partial and unadulterated, compared to what I had heard coming from european countries and canada.

I do not know what you mean about the "kids waiting for the bus".

The native guy and the drum was at the Lincoln Memorial. A day or two AFTER that, when the reality came to light, I recall NBC's retraction of it - I wouldn't call it an "apology" (I do not recall Lester Holt using THAT word at all), and it was rather brief and hollow.

Savannah Guthrie (she sucks) interviewed the smirking kid (Nick Sandmann) AFTER the truth was realized, and it felt like he was on trial. "Couldn't you have walked away", the idiot reporter asked. The kid said "We weren't doing anything wrong". Pretty much a travesty of journalism.

But, in America we have such low standards anymore. Everyone has to be a star - you do that by being loud and aggressive, rude and overbearing.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
no doubt - that one, the Duke University La Crosse team, and the very recent "racist hand signs" at last years's Army-Navy game - all big let downs for me, since i did believe American TV news sources were still relatively partial and unadulterated, compared to what I had heard coming from european countries and canada.

I do not know what you mean about the "kids waiting for the bus".

The native guy and the drum was at the Lincoln Memorial. A day or two AFTER that, when the reality came to light, I recall NBC's retraction of it - I wouldn't call it an "apology" (I do not recall Lester Holt using THAT word at all), and it was rather brief and hollow.

Savannah Guthrie (she sucks) interviewed the smirking kid (Nick Sandmann) AFTER the truth was realized, and it felt like he was on trial. "Couldn't you have walked away", the idiot reporter asked. The kid said "We weren't doing anything wrong". Pretty much a travesty of journalism.

But, in America we have such low standards anymore. Everyone has to be a star - you do that by being loud and aggressive, rude and overbearing.

I have a hard time finding any impartial journalism any more. Nearly every article or news story is propaganda. All one has to do is look beyond the information which is being given to us to see the truth is very different. CNN will go to one hospital which does not have enough beds or supplies and has its viewers thinking that represents the entire country. The fact is in most places hospitals are empty. The media has turned into a propaganda machine which is brainwashing the American people. Most people just read an article or watch a news story and think it is true. They never dig dipper into lesser public news sources to see the real facts.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:02 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,133,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
I have a hard time finding any impartial journalism any more. Nearly every article or news story is propaganda. All one has to do is look beyond the information which is being given to us to see the truth is very different. CNN will go to one hospital which does not have enough beds or supplies and has its viewers thinking that represents the entire country. The fact is in most places hospitals are empty. The media has turned into a propaganda machine which is brainwashing the American people. Most people just read an article or watch a news story and think it is true. They never dig dipper into lesser public news sources to see the real facts.
Agree, it is why when there is a real issue like now many people dismiss what the media says. Is it really that bad or does it make better news? I never watch the news on TV, I will read it online so I can more easily read from multiple sources. I just figure the truth is somewhere in the middle and look for actual facts to back up a point if I feel it is important enough.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:21 PM
gg

Quote:
I have a hard time finding any impartial journalism any more.
There isn't any and I really do mean that. Media is forced to put a spin on things or they will lose viewership. People want to be in line with some agenda and reporting just news won't do it anymore for the masses. Most want to watch something and say to themselves, "I told you so, I was right, look!".

I try to focus on statistics and trends. If the president is in the news, you have to find a Youtube video that has him saying what he said in the context, or it will always be reported wrong.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:18 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,059,604 times
Quote:

but see, what does that mean, exactly (the bold statement)?

how does someone know when they've FOUND this 'truth'? what people do is look for something that makes them feel better, that affirms their beliefs or empowers them.

15 years ago, i loved how people kept saying "they aren't telling us whats REALLY going on in Iraq"...
first, that statement is the opposite of how media is supposedly "liberal" and unfriendly to American interests (especially in combat situations). the mass media would love nothing MORE than to find scandal anywhere, in Iraq, the White House....

then, you have to ask who wrote that comment? some college kid who definitely never was in iraq?

its healthy to question, but i'm saying in doing just that, be careful not to become the same type of sheeple consumer of media that we are critical of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh