Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 06:06 PM

6,360 posts, read 5,082,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
They’re ok with getting stolen blind as long they have someone to talk nice to them and give out “free stuff”.

you are spot on. its like that 80s song, "cult of personality". to myself i use that term to define what's going on.

pro athletes? definitely, a cult of personality. read on the backstory of some of them, mstly stories of rape and often the privileged treatment they got from police. some are so beloved but did some terrible things that would have ruined the career of a politician, or of anyone in high society.

politicians? absolutely. how does Ocasio-Cortez says publicly what she does and isn't ridiculed by Jimmy Kimmel, let alone by more mainstream sources?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 06:37 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
you are spot on. its like that 80s song, "cult of personality". to myself i use that term to define what's going on.

pro athletes? definitely, a cult of personality. read on the backstory of some of them, mstly stories of rape and often the privileged treatment they got from police. some are so beloved but did some terrible things that would have ruined the career of a politician, or of anyone in high society.

politicians? absolutely. how does Ocasio-Cortez says publicly what she does and isn't ridiculed by Jimmy Kimmel, let alone by more mainstream sources?
Bingo

She’s a disgrace....but Trump hate clouds reality. Maybe he should pass out phones to the entitled and seal the election dealio.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:47 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,700,125 times
Quote:
Bingo

She’s a disgrace....but Trump hate clouds reality. Maybe he should pass out phones to the entitled and seal the election dealio.
I am not a trump fan. I think he is a poor leader and would be glad to see him go. On the other hand I don’t want to see him or any president fail. However I am not blind to the fact this pandemic has been greatly embellished to wreck his presidency and press the reset button on our great nation and scare people into being obedient. He is one of the reasons this is being embellished among others as well.

I can’t stand Cortez. She’s a clown. Hopefully she loses her seat via to another candidate or her district is absorbed into a neighboring one when NY loses a house seat due to the census. Even if she loses I hope she sticks around in the media for entertainment purposes. I need a good laugh every now and then.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
You are right. There are 26 million people that filed for unemployment. The recovery rate for those that tested positive is 98.5%. It is likely much higher than that closer to 99.9% with those that were never tested, had mild or no symptoms and now carry antibodies. You are right this whole thing needs some middle ground. What is good for NY City, Philly and most of the northeast is just not good for the rest of the country. California has managed brilliantly, wash state,Detroit, New Orleans that were hot beds have leveled off.

They need to start to open things up. Granted maybe Philly and New York justifies restrictions. Pittsburgh doesn’t, most of the states south and west of Pittsburgh don’t either. I understand why Georgia, Florida and Texas Governors want time reopen. They are under New York restrictions and do not have a New York problem.

I think the northeast is the hotbed mess for this virus. Everything outside of it has either peaked or there aren’t the cases to warrant total lockdown.
So a prison in Ohio had 2,011 inmates test positive, which represents 16% of cases in the entire state. 95% of those testing positive were asymptotic.

This is not the doomsday disease......

https://www.cleveland.com/coronaviru...ed-states.html

Old 04-24-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I am not a trump fan. I think he is a poor leader and would be glad to see him go. On the other hand I don’t want to see him or any president fail. However I am not blind to the fact this pandemic has been greatly embellished to wreck his presidency and press the reset button on our great nation and scare people into being obedient. He is one of the reasons this is being embellished among others as well.

I can’t stand Cortez. She’s a clown. Hopefully she loses her seat via to another candidate or her district is absorbed into a neighboring one when NY loses a house seat due to the census. Even if she loses I hope she sticks around in the media for entertainment purposes. I need a good laugh every now and then.
Biden can’t even remember what day it is. Much like the last election, and thankfully it went the way it did, you sometimes have to take the lesser of 2 evils....and “free stuff” isn’t free. It’s not government funded, it’s taxpayer funded.

I laugh every time I look at her and the rest of the clowns she’s amongst.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:13 PM

1,916 posts, read 752,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
April 24...cases reported from last 15 days, starting with most distant:

29, 48, 21, 19, 15, 11, 21, 22, 62, 26, 7, 17, 29, 61, 28

if tomorrow is back in the teens, that would be satisfying. good luck, Allegheny County.
I know the 62 reported cases a week ago included a batch of nursing home deaths. Was that also true of yesterday's 61 cases?

Old 04-24-2020, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Biden can’t even remember what day it is. Much like the last election, and thankfully it went the way it did, you sometimes have to take the lesser of 2 evils....and “free stuff” isn’t free. It’s not government funded, it’s taxpayer funded.

I laugh every time I look at her and the rest of the clowns she’s amongst.
How doomsday is this disease if most people show now symptoms? This whole thing is mind boggling. It look more and more like we are all getting played.
This can be managed. Not warranting a complete shutdown.

This is a cnn article btw.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/24/us/2-...ies/index.html

Old 04-24-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
I know the 62 reported cases a week ago included a batch of nursing home deaths. Was that also true of yesterday's 61 cases?
I’m no rocket scientist but most cases look like nursing homes and prisons. Outside of that people testing positive are a symptomatic. Manage the nursing homes and prisons and reopen the economy so people can go on with life.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
How doomsday is this disease if most people show now symptoms? This whole thing is mind boggling. It look more and more like we are all getting played.
This can be managed. Not warranting a complete shutdown.

This is a cnn article btw.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/24/us/2-...ies/index.html
Pretty sure I said this from the beginning.

People are easily duped, and with the so called experts not knowing what they’re talking about and the media turning it into a total fear mongering panic scare, it doesn’t matter who is in charge. It’s a no win situation.

Old 04-24-2020, 09:43 PM

6,360 posts, read 5,082,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
i'm not sure, Reggiezz, but I don't think so. I hadn't heard that from any news snippets I might have heard or read throughout the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh