Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2020, 06:56 PM
gg

26,134 posts, read 26,172,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
Re gg maybe this sounds crazy to people, but generally data in real time is flawed.
I have heard from doctors and I can tell you this. There is pressure to just stamp the death "coronavirus". They want the statistics higher for a lot of reasons.

200 is a LOT! I think it is time doctors take a stand, but why would they? They don't want to make light of this.

Everything we read is not really on the spot anymore. Agendas are what everything is about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 07:15 PM

40,998 posts, read 18,411,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I have heard from doctors and I can tell you this. There is pressure to just stamp the death "coronavirus". They want the statistics higher for a lot of reasons.

200 is a LOT! I think it is time doctors take a stand, but why would they? They don't want to make light of this.

Everything we read is not really on the spot anymore. Agendas are what everything is about.
What doctors are you hearing this from?

Old 04-29-2020, 07:21 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,653,299 times
Dr. Vinny BoomBotz

Old 04-29-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copanut View Post
dr. Vinny boombotz
lmao!!!

Old 04-29-2020, 07:34 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,710,407 times
Quote:

Dr. Feelgood?

Lay off the crazy weed dawg.

Old 04-29-2020, 08:02 PM

6,360 posts, read 5,102,718 times
Quote:

i don't think 200 is a lot. in a sense, ONE is too many, sure.

but its interesting you bring that up (the part i made bold). as usual, you have to be wary of any news you hear anymore, but yesterday on wendy bell's radio show (tuned in to KDKA for the weather and traffic, but left it on while driving) - her telephone guest either surmised, or just guessed out of cynicism that numbers of deaths were inflated because hospitals get government dollars for every death from the coronavirus.

is that true?

Old 04-29-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
i don't think 200 is a lot. in a sense, ONE is too many, sure.

but its interesting you bring that up (the part i made bold). as usual, you have to be wary of any news you hear anymore, but yesterday on wendy bell's radio show (tuned in to KDKA for the weather and traffic, but left it on while driving) - her telephone guest either surmised, or just guessed out of cynicism that numbers of deaths were inflated because hospitals get government dollars for every death from the coronavirus.

is that true?
That’s been reported many times, and pretty sure that’s due to charging for ventilator useage.

Old 04-30-2020, 04:57 AM

32,639 posts, read 77,985,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy View Post
As long as Allegheny County stays under 611 new cases for the rolling two-week period, it meets the requirement set by Wolf.

On Friday, he is slated to announce which counties will move forward with the next phase of re-opening. I am curious to see if Allegheny County will be included; I don't see why it wouldn't be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Agree I don't see a REASON why it wouldn't be but honestly I don't expect it. I feel like he's going to hold back just because we are a larger area and it makes him nervous. This entire process, just like which businesses could operate, feels way too secretive. They are elected officials and their processes should be transparent, we don't have to agree with it but we should at least know it.

His process just gives some metrics in order for him to consider what he will do.
If Allegheny County isn't included as one of the first ones to reopen during tomorrow's announcement then I'd fully expect Dr. Levine and Gov. Wolf to explain to us why we won't reopen given that we HAVE fulfilled their requirements to reopen.

Old 04-30-2020, 05:45 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,710,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
If Allegheny County isn't included as one of the first ones to reopen during tomorrow's announcement then I'd fully expect Dr. Levine and Gov. Wolf to explain to us why we won't reopen given that we HAVE fulfilled their requirements to reopen.
I agree, but it looks like it won’t happen. Beaver County is considered a hot spot, but nearly 90 percent of the deaths came from one nursing home. The ambridge police chief died of a stroke but tested positive for Covid-19. They say the virus killed him and caused the stroke. I just don’t know. They seem to be reaching and grasping at straws to manipulate numbers and make them stick.

None of this was a surprise. We were told it would affect the elderly and those with compromised immune systems the most. They were spot on with that. However, somehow this got spun into a doomsday disease for the entire population. We closed our economy and shut things down. The numbers pale in comparison to what the doctors were predicting. They were way off on human casualties by a metric ton. Now people are starting to question why we gave away our economy for this and kept shut as long as we have. This will make you sick, but it isn’t the Black Death for the general population either. This could’ve and should’ve been managed better. Nursing homes are what needed isolated. Not the entire economy shut down. Both political parties have really done it and failed us. Too many career politicians and elderly running the show. We need new blood, third party and independent thinkers that protect the constitution and personal liberties.

Now when we wake up from this the permanent economic damage could be far reaching and catastrophic. Cities, towns, colleges and private businesses may be lost to never return or be permanently altered and downsized forever. It was a steep price to pay for thinking and feeling with those that wanted the panic and doctors that were unable to see numbers and stats intersecting with science. Also, government leaders from federal to local lacking the testicular fortitude to hold strong and keep everybody calm. What a disaster this has been. The public health from the economic damage will likely end up much worse and more devastating than the virus itself.

Hard to believe we are the same country that made it through a civil war, Great Depression, WW2 and 911. We have become a country more concerned about thinking and feeling, than looking at facts and protecting personal liberties

Old 04-30-2020, 06:22 AM

684 posts, read 423,672 times
It's interesting to me that people will casually say things similar to "Meh, if some old people die, sure it's sad, but come on...they're old...who really cares? They're' supposed to die anyway" But if a business closes because of having to shut down "MY GOD, LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE! YOU HAVE WRECKED THIS PERSONS' LIFE BY FORCING THEM TO CLOSE FOR A FEW WEEKS!"

Hmm...maybe their economic system was compromised anyway and they had underlying economic conditions that contributed to their death, but the fact that the business died during the shutdown, people are doing anything they can to attribute the death to COVID to justify their numbers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh