Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2020, 07:12 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,194,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
That's 63 in the hospital on Friday, not the total number of hospotalizations since this began.
And that’s justification for what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2020, 07:16 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,051,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Yeah and I stand by my statement. Probably less than normal flu stuff. Hospitals in our region just didn't have much in the way of cases around here. Of course the idiot Wolf has us all locked up like we are all a bunch of dopes. He is the dope.
right - BECAUSE of stay at home policy!

Old 05-17-2020, 07:26 PM

3,291 posts, read 2,769,483 times
Everybody with the corona, is being marked as dying from it. or even just flu symptoms and no test this has never been done with any other virus in history.

Old 05-17-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
Everybody with the corona, is being marked as dying from it. or even just flu symptoms and no test this has never been done with any other virus in history.
Bingo

Old 05-17-2020, 08:43 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,150,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
right - BECAUSE of stay at home policy!
It's almost like that policy and pushing for near universal mask wearing inside businesses works!

I feel like the mask wearing is definitely helping keeping cases low even as there has certainly been more movement in the last two weeks with more recreation options and more employees in certain sectors going back to work. Countries that are pushing mask wearing hard like the Czech Republic or have it as part of their culture like Hong Kong, Japan, and South Korea are doing much better than other places.

Quote:
thanks, brad. i barely argued the point all along, then just stopped some time ago, until earlier today.

all this time, the protocol was cautionary, preventative. what else CAN one mandate if the situation is unprecedented? freedom is not FREE, after all.

not only that, but the lingering virus in some metro areas, in my opinion, is because of idiot people who have prolonged this.

but oh JOY - we have all done such a good job individually in Allegheny County. regardless of politics, we should all be proud of our collective effort!
I think it needs to be brought up more that this isn't something you get and then feel better from in a few days like a cold, even mild cases take two weeks while those that have to go to the hospital can take over a month to get better.

But yes, I've constantly been amazed at how much better we're doing than basically every other metro area within a days drive of us. It's pretty wild to look at the NY Time map of cases in every county in the country and see how much better things are here than most places. Quite an accomplishment!

Last edited by bradjl2009; 05-17-2020 at 09:04 PM..

Old 05-17-2020, 08:59 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,150,425 times
Quote:
Yeah and I stand by my statement. Probably less than normal flu stuff. Hospitals in our region just didn't have much in the way of cases around here. Of course the idiot Wolf has us all locked up like we are all a bunch of dopes. He is the dope.
You are aware the stay at home order has been over for three days now, right?

Old 05-17-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
It’s long overdue, and you do realize it’s still under yellow, right?

Old 05-17-2020, 10:54 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Red or yellow is about the same. It isn't like you are going out to eat, church, play a sport, go skateboarding at a city park or whatever. Might as well be locked up. Heck, you can't even get a haircut.

Old 05-18-2020, 04:03 AM

6,357 posts, read 5,051,508 times
Quote:
Red or yellow is about the same. It isn't like you are going out to eat, church, play a sport, go skateboarding at a city park or whatever. Might as well be locked up. Heck, you can't even get a haircut.
i was in the Strip on Sunday and it was pretty busy. people had masks on, for the most part - they aren't even required, except of course when you go in a business. I bought a fresh one for $1.

it was fine.

Old 05-18-2020, 06:42 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times
Quote:
i was in the Strip on Sunday and it was pretty busy. people had masks on, for the most part - they aren't even required, except of course when you go in a business. I bought a fresh one for $1.

it was fine.
I saw it on the news. It looked depressing to me. Wolf and really all our leaders have most people so scared that very few people are going to return anyway. You can open restaurants at 25% and I doubt many people will go back. I know I am done for this year. I go to the grocery store, buy stuff and make it and will do so for 2020 and maybe into next year until this is figured out. I used to go to the strip to get booze, but I stopped drinking because I just don't want to deal with it. Maybe a beer now and again, but they can keep everything else for the next year or two. Florida opened up and today restaurants are at 50% capacity. People I know down there aren't going out much. Sure some, but not many. You want to scare people this much, it is going to be a very long journey back. Normal? Years away. The leftists run all media and healthcare, so people are scared ****less with the pounding and numbers as if no one has ever recovered. This is going to be devastating for a very long time. The left/stay home people won, but in the end we will see it might not be as great as people thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh