Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2016, 07:40 PM

373 posts, read 379,120 times

Advertisements

Heading to Alla Famiglia for Valentine's Day. Who's been? Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 04:30 AM

2,109 posts, read 2,165,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProFiction View Post
Heading to Alla Famiglia for Valentine's Day. Who's been? Any suggestions?
Get the bone-in veal chop. It looks like it belongs on the side of Fred Flintstone's car and is delish. I can't fully recall how I had it prepared, as it has been a couple of years since I was there, but I think it may have been topped with crab.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:34 PM

121 posts, read 111,220 times
Anybody try Tako downtown yet? I am heading there this weekend.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYoPro View Post
Anybody try Tako downtown yet? I am heading there this weekend.
I've been thrice. I like it a lot, though it's way more than I usually want to spend eating tacos. The tacos themselves aren't astronomically expensive but getting drinks and apps quickly adds up. It's pretty loud and crowded in there, especially downstairs. That said, upstairs, the booths are pretty uncomfortable to sit in. All that aside, I really enjoy the tacos. My favorites are al pastor, chorizo, and korean. The tako taco is a pleasant surprise, though it is way less food than most of the others on the menu but is most expensive. The baja (fish) tacos are huge and pretty good as well, but I haven't had a bad one from there yet (have only not tried the mushroom and duck because ew).

The most important thing to get there is the papa bravas app. One of the best things I've ever had, and certainly the best potato dish I've ever tasted. Personally I think you can skip the custom guac, but the chips and salsa are solid. Was not impressed by the wings.

Service has been pretty slow every time I've been there if that's something you care about.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:33 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,988,572 times
How does Tako compare to the now-defunct Yo Rita?

Old 02-03-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
How does Tako compare to the now-defunct Yo Rita?
It's the closest thing to Yo Rita that exists in Pittsburgh right now. Tako is a little less creative as far as the tacos themselves, and they're more expensive, but the quality is about the same. Tako has a way better space. Love both places.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:52 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,926,670 times
You can definitely rack up a nice bill at Tako but $10 seems to be the standard price for a hand crafted cocktail these days and they are pretty good. I haven’t eaten there yet, but stopped in for a few drinks one evening and it’s a nice crowd in a very cool space.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:10 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,898,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProFiction View Post
It's the closest thing to Yo Rita that exists in Pittsburgh right now. Tako is a little less creative as far as the tacos themselves, and they're more expensive, but the quality is about the same. Tako has a way better space. Love both places.
Is there always a dj playing?
I only went once and the dj blaring music was off putting as I had to yell to have a conversation at the table

Old 02-03-2016, 09:59 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,920,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
$10 seems to be the standard price for a hand crafted cocktail
Aren't all cocktails "hand crafted" by definition?

Old 02-04-2016, 03:28 AM

5,652 posts, read 7,003,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Aren't all cocktails "hand crafted" by definition?
Some hands and some crafting are worth more than others
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh