Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2015, 10:50 AM

419 posts, read 446,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettert View Post
Interesting to see how Chipotle came in and knocked them out of business. I would argue Qdoba was in the better location, but looks like people chose to make the U-Turn.
That Boston Market right before Qdoba heading north on Mcknight has been closed for a while also. That surprised me because I thought that did Ok. Something will move into there before long for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 05:39 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,917,225 times
i personally find qdoba better than chipotle, but thats just me.

Old 10-19-2015, 04:55 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,997,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
And I thought Baja Fresh was better than both of them. But they didn't serve 3 pound burritos so they failed here.

Old 10-19-2015, 04:59 AM

32,621 posts, read 77,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
So does my partner.

In my second job I now deliver pretty much anything from pretty much anywhere. I've never had a Qdoba order, yet ~50% of my orders are from Chipotle. They do something right with their branding. I've never had to wait to place an order at the Qdoba location near Centre & Millvale (by Pep Boys). The adjacent Chipotle? The line is almost always ~20 deep and snakes around the interior.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:32 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,463,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
So does my partner.

In my second job I now deliver pretty much anything from pretty much anywhere. I've never had a Qdoba order, yet ~50% of my orders are from Chipotle. They do something right with their branding. I've never had to wait to place an order at the Qdoba location near Centre & Millvale (by Pep Boys). The adjacent Chipotle? The line is almost always ~20 deep and snakes around the interior.
I always go to that Qdoba for that exact reason. The chipolte in eastside plaza is equally or worse for lines/crowds.

Old 10-19-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jea6321 View Post
I always go to that Qdoba for that exact reason. The chipolte in eastside plaza is equally or worse for lines/crowds.
For what? To pay more than ten bucs for a drink and burrito full of beans and rice and a little bit of mediocre meat. I'll go to Taco Bell; I may not be seen as hip, but I'll get three Doritos Tacos Locos and a big Fountain drink for less than six bucs and tastes equally as good. Chipotle is not horrible. It is just just mostly hype that makes it so popular and they way the stores have that sleek look about them with their signage and all. When push comes to shove, they're just plopping inexpensive fillers between tortillas and charging top dollar.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:04 PM

1,106 posts, read 1,166,235 times
I had a work event all day Saturday and was wiped out and hungry by the time I got home. We decided to order Nicky's Thai Kitchen from PostMates. I have never ordered food delivery before (except for pizza delivery) so I was hesitant but thanks to the coupon jay posted in this thread I figured, why not? The delivery fee was more or less waived through the coupon but would have been ~$13.00. The driver was friendly and he called to say he might be late (but he wasn't, although I know traffic was terrible). The only downside was the food! I have not been to Nicky's in a while, and was very disappointed overall. We had Pad See Ew with chicken and the noodles were like the egg noodles you buy at the supermarket. The chicken was a little rubbery and the dish overall tasted of fish sauce. The curry dish was had was okay but the rice was clearly old. I don't think I will be doing the delivery thing again. If we were at the restaurant I would have definitely complained/sent things back.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:35 AM

373 posts, read 378,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket88 View Post
For what? To pay more than ten bucs for a drink and burrito full of beans and rice and a little bit of mediocre meat. I'll go to Taco Bell; I may not be seen as hip, but I'll get three Doritos Tacos Locos and a big Fountain drink for less than six bucs and tastes equally as good. Chipotle is not horrible. It is just just mostly hype that makes it so popular and they way the stores have that sleek look about them with their signage and all. When push comes to shove, they're just plopping inexpensive fillers between tortillas and charging top dollar.
I mostly agree with everything you've said here, but there is no fast food equal to Chipotle's guac. It's incredible. You also can't get barbacoa anywhere else. So that's the only time I ever go to Chipotle: bowl (you get more than the burrito!) with rice, black beans, barbacoa, guac, hot sauce, corn salsa, sour cream, and lettuce. Very good. That's a 4-5 times a year meal for me.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:02 PM

Looks like Sushi Kim is getting ready to close after a 25 year run. They were one of the first in Pittsburgh for Sushi. The owner wants to retire. The location should garner big time interest.http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburg...the-strip.html

Old 10-21-2015, 02:33 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,892,536 times
The former 'Yo Rita' place has a new owner finally & will be called 'Streets on Carson'.
Per description:
Street food from around the world and the cheapest local craft beer and locally sourced cocktails on Carson. Also promoting local artists and street culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh