Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2018, 06:57 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,849,984 times

Advertisements

Reasonably priced homes and jobs.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:57 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,321,072 times
Hey, I have an idea? How about we swing back to the topic, which is PHOENIX, and keep the discussion out of the Midwest (again).

Last edited by ElleTea; 06-07-2018 at 10:51 AM..

Old 06-07-2018, 02:45 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,795,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Highly selective, instead of doing Google:" barren desert" lets be a little more authentic and drop street views along the rout from Vegas to New Mexico.you are a spreader of lies, begone!
Wow, you have one hell of an ax to grind, clearly you are full of vitriol. Can you explain what is to be gain by lying? Further, if you insist on taking us on a tour of the highways through AZ, please include all 700 miles from the northwestern tip, to the southeastern tip, this will make your point a bit more solid, especially since it gives you so much satisfaction. Here is a a story which aired on 20/20 which gives a similar account to what I saw when traveling this area of AZ, there are several other clips on youtube regarding this story as well. Considering your perseverance, I suspect you might even insist that it was perhaps filmed in Death Valley, or some other remote area, but no, it was in AZ. And, I know what I saw, I'm not a liar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n943VtrLH-c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3WTwzs6C5U

Old 06-07-2018, 04:37 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,980,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Wow, you have one hell of an ax to grind, clearly you are full of vitriol. Can you explain what is to be gain by lying? Further, if you insist on taking us on a tour of the highways through AZ, please include all 700 miles from the northwestern tip, to the southeastern tip, this will make your point a bit more solid, especially since it gives you so much satisfaction. Here is a a story which aired on 20/20 which gives a similar account to what I saw when traveling this area of AZ, there are several other clips on youtube regarding this story as well. Considering your perseverance, I suspect you might even insist that it was perhaps filmed in Death Valley, or some other remote area, but no, it was in AZ. And, I know what I saw, I'm not a liar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n943VtrLH-c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3WTwzs6C5U
I fail to see how being lost in the desert means the desert is barren?

Maybe you’re from a green place and don’t see the desert for what it is, but if you pay attention, a big chunk of Arizona is in a very unique environment and is the in the wettest desert in the world.

What route did you take anyway? The only way I could see it appearing barren would be to run west to Yuma and then straight up along the Colorado river. Otherwise you’d hit mountains and interesting plant life

Old 06-07-2018, 05:26 PM

4,176 posts, read 2,586,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I fail to see how being lost in the desert means the desert is barren?

Maybe you’re from a green place and don’t see the desert for what it is, but if you pay attention, a big chunk of Arizona is in a very unique environment and is the in the wettest desert in the world.

What route did you take anyway? The only way I could see it appearing barren would be to run west to Yuma and then straight up along the Colorado river. Otherwise you’d hit mountains and interesting plant life
He obviously isn't talking about the nicer parts of Aridzona. Why do you keep trying to turn this away from the truth that some parts of that state are dry as a bone, and dangerous? The nicer parts are not the issue. Try to keep focused, and don't be so defensive. Every state has less desirable areas. Can't we be truthful about them? Some of you keep deflecting, and twisting the narrative. You did it at the beginning of your post above.

Remember way back when in this thread, the point was made that if one was stranded out there in the emptiness, and the heat how hellish it would be? That is the point of those videos. How can you argue that it wouldn't be hell on earth? Your car is dead on the side of the road in 100+ heat, no a/c, no town anywhere close by, maybe running out of water. That would bite the big one . And don't tell us you would enjoy it because that would be a real stretch.

Last edited by mlulu23; 06-07-2018 at 05:36 PM..

Old 06-07-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
He obviously isn't talking about the nicer parts of Aridzona. Why do you keep trying to turn this away from the truth that some parts of that state are dry as a bone, and dangerous? The nicer parts are not the issue. Try to keep focused, and don't be so defensive. Every state has less desirable areas. Can't we be truthful about them? Some of you keep deflecting, and twisting the narrative. You did it at the beginning of your post above.

Remember way back when in this thread, the point was made that if one was stranded out there in the emptiness, and the heat how hellish it would be? That is the point of those videos. How can you argue that it wouldn't be hell on earth? Your car is dead on the side of the road in 100+ heat, no a/c, no town anywhere close by, maybe running out of water. That would bite the big one . And don't tell us you would enjoy it because that would be a real stretch.
Focused on what? His implausible post or your incomprehensible gibberish? I can’t fathom a scenario consistent with what he’s saying. It’s not defensive it’s a question of plausibility. This forum is no place for that kind of misinformation.

That long of a stretch would not fit what he’s claiming. That’s why so many are questioning it. I gave a possibility, but that would be a suspect route. There is literally no barren/flat route across this state. You either end up in forests or the Sonoran Desert.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Focused on what? His implausible post or your incomprehensible gibberish? I can’t fathom a scenario consistent with what he’s saying. It’s not defensive it’s a question of plausibility. This forum is no place for that kind of misinformation.

That long of a stretch would not fit what he’s claiming. That’s why so many are questioning it. I gave a possibility, but that would be a suspect route. There is literally no barren/flat route across this state. You either end up in forests or the Sonoran Desert.
Several points were made, one of which is the fact that getting stuck out there in the middle of nowhere with few to no services in very hot weather would be hellish. The videos were in line with that fact. I'm almost done with the first video, and yes, it is barren beyond words.

The fact I just stated about how wretched it would be breaking down out there is inarguable, yet you still argue, and turn it back to the other topic, the route. Try to separate the different points. It's very simple. Unless you actually think being in that situation would be fun. Then be my guest .

Old 06-07-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Several points were made, one of which is the fact that getting stuck out there in the middle of nowhere with few to no services in very hot weather would be hellish. The videos were in line with that fact. I'm almost done with the first video, and yes, it is barren beyond words.

The fact I just stated about how wretched it would be breaking down out there is inarguable, yet you still argue, and turn it back to the other topic, the route. Try to separate the different points. It's very simple. Unless you actually think being in that situation would be fun. Then be my guest .
You’re not even arguing about the correct thing. He said it’s barren and lacks vegetation. I strongly doubt it because there is no way to get across the state and have it be flat and barren. What that has to do with me wanting to break down my car escapes me...

Talk about changing the subject

Old 06-07-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
You’re not even arguing about the correct thing. He said it’s barren and lacks vegetation. I strongly doubt it because there is no way to get across the state and have it be flat and barren. What that has to do with me wanting to break down my car escapes me...

Talk about changing the subject
Oh, you are such a card, lol. Because he said that in his earlier post pages ago, that's why. Am I the only one that reads these things? Apparently so. Why do you think I even mentioned it in the first place?

Old 06-07-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Oh, you are such a card, lol. Because he said that in his earlier post pages ago, that's why. Am I the only one that reads these things? Apparently so. Why do you think I even mentioned it in the first place?
To divert my point and change the conversation of course.

I only challenge that the state is barren based on a cross state drive. It is clearly not.

Whether I’d be excited at the prospect of being stranded by a broken down car? Irrelevant to that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area