Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2018, 07:53 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,679,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Do seniors really want 110 degree weather? Do they get heat stroke more easily?
Probably no more than those living in cold climates get hypothermia. I don’t think they’re outside doing construction or going on hikes in the heat of the day. Air conditioning is a thing.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:28 PM

4,176 posts, read 2,587,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Plus, Sacramento cools off too fast; the delta breeze at night drives overnight lows into the high 50s.
That would be a definite plus for me. You get to open the windows, and let some cool night air into the place.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:36 PM

16,165 posts, read 6,915,325 times
Spent time in Scottsdale.
Loved the Camel back mountains
and blues blue blues over at Warsaw Wally's (wonder if its' still there?).

Beautiful Sunshine, dust devils on windy days and best night skies for stargazers.
Just too damn hot in the summer months.....

Arizona: Valley of the Sun
Uggggghhhhh.....more like surface of the sun..............................L.O.L.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:40 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,844,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Probably no more than those living in cold climates get hypothermia. I don’t think they’re outside doing construction or going on hikes in the heat of the day. Air conditioning is a thing.
Heaters and fireplaces are also a thing.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:54 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,679,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Heaters and fireplaces are also a thing.
Well yeah, exactly. That was my point.

Old 06-03-2018, 09:53 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,015,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Uggggghhhhh.....more like surface of the sun..............................L.O.L.

Sooo original. No one's ever said that before.

Old 06-03-2018, 10:21 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,982,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
That would be a definite plus for me. You get to open the windows, and let some cool night air into the place.
Over in Southern California, by 7pm, even if it's been in the 90s during the day, it can cool down to 65 degrees, with a breeze.

You like that? What about taking a walk at 10 pm? Or sitting on the lawn, enjoying a concert or fireworks in the park? You'll need a jacket or blanket for that, and even then it's chilly.

Old 06-03-2018, 10:43 PM

262 posts, read 203,239 times
I don’t miss the cold until my shirts start getting tight and I wish I could wear a jacket to cover it

Old 06-03-2018, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Spent time in Scottsdale.
Loved the Camel back mountains
and blues blue blues over at Warsaw Wally's (wonder if its' still there?).

Beautiful Sunshine, dust devils on windy days and best night skies for stargazers.
Just too damn hot in the summer months.....

Yeah, that one little glitch, the blistering heat. Some good stuff mixed with some not so good. Like everywhere I guess. But 4 million is a lot of people crammed into a huge heat island! I don't care how long I lived there I would never acclimate to the heat. It would have happened by now. My system hates it. I have something like a reverse hibernation where I hide away from the intensity of the sun, heat, and cloudless sky. Only a swimming pool, or beach would help.

We each have different tolerances, no argument there. For instance, I love drizzle . For you desert lovers that would probably drive you mad in short order. The low in the summer is way hotter than my high is, lol. But in the desert it would be so nice to be away from the light pollution so you can see the night sky better.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Over in Southern California, by 7pm, even if it's been in the 90s during the day, it can cool down to 65 degrees, with a breeze.

You like that? What about taking a walk at 10 pm? Or sitting on the lawn, enjoying a concert or fireworks in the park? You'll need a jacket or blanket for that, and even then it's chilly.
I understand. The evening temps would be perfect for me. The days not so much. I grew up in southern California, Compton of all places. I could see the smoke from the Watts riots years ago. I loved that house. My parents house . But I left there in August 71 because my then ex husband, got transferred to Ct with the Navy. But that was so long ago I can barely remember what it was like in California. I do remember that it would be overcast till late morning in some seasons, and the sun would burn it off. In the rainy season it would rain gangbusters. The concrete LA river bed would be almost full heading to the ocean. But I never paid attention to the weather forecast so don't remember the temps. I went to a party at some beach, and froze my butt off, lol. There was a bonfire, and one side I cooked, and the other side froze. Then you'd turn around .

Yeah I love it. Good cuddling weather , lol. Now that I've lived in areas that have 4 seasons like Ct, Washington state, and Colorado I've learned how to put on layers . Fall is by far my favorite season, pleasant days, and crisp nights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area