Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2010, 05:54 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,543,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Heat, real estate and bugs, only things that really get discussed on this forum. You Phoenicians must be really really really bored.
It's mostly out-of-state folks, visitors and brand-new residents that bring those things up.... especially the heat and bugs....

Even in the summer, there's plenty to do to keep one from being bored.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:13 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,378,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
It's mostly out-of-state folks, visitors and brand-new residents that bring those things up.... especially the heat and bugs....

Even in the summer, there's plenty to do to keep one from being bored.
What's funny is there is no reason to complain about bugs here. One of the advantages of living in Phoenix is the lack of bugs. It's so hot here that most bugs can't survive particularly bees, wasps, mosquitoes, flies etc. Now, I'm not saying they don't exist here because they do but RELATIVELY SPEAKING (meaning compared to most states in the country), we have very few bugs. Sorry but the haters can't scientifically explain how there are more bugs in Phoenix when we have little humidity and high temps. They can post their opinion but unfortunately the facts and science are not on their side. It's similar to arguing that Phoenix has a lot of snowfall, well the high temperatures disagree with that notion but you are free to publish those opinions as well however ignorant they are.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:23 AM

11,519 posts, read 14,732,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
It's similar to arguing that Phoenix has a lot of snowfall, well the high temperatures disagree with that notion but you are free to publish those opinions as well however ignorant they are.
Too funny and true--some people say things that are beyond reason. Maybe the sun here is burning a lot of neurons.

There are actually very few bugs here. I've never even been bitten by a mosquitoe and I might have seen one or two in over a decade.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:10 AM

9,317 posts, read 18,804,475 times
In five plus years I have had two mosquito bites, maybe a half dozen funny little bugs inside the house, only 5 scorpions, dead or in the process. In northern CA I had big hairy spiders all the time, earwigs, ants, both carpenter and little sugar ants, mosquitos were numerous. So it is basically heaven on earth for me as I have a huge fear of spiders. We spray our yard once a month faithfully and yesterday while plucking green shoots, saw nothing moving in my yard.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:18 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,752,442 times
When I lived back east my animals constantly were getting fleas, Here in Phoenix for many years now & I haven't seen one. Thank the stars, I hated them. If you weren't on top of checking your animals & got them in your home, ewww.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:45 PM

215 posts, read 652,750 times
There are housing communities that have rattlesnakes and scorpions. Mostly in newly developed area's near the mountains or desert regions. They get disturbed from the building going on, and end up in your house and yard.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:58 AM

5 posts, read 7,478 times
Lets not forget about cockroaches. Im in the process of killing the bastards right now.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:30 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,956,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
That is an exaggeration. It cools down by mid October typically. Some years, it can stay hot until November while other years it starts cooling down in late September. The Sun is not more intense, that is just in your head. Atlanta is far worse because you have the heat AND the humidity. And Phoenix has plenty of things to do. I like amusement parks too...like once or twice a year! If you haven't found things to do in Phoenix then you are simply not very resourceful. There is a reason Southwest Airlines has Phoenix listed among its vacation cities/tourist destinations. People come here all the time to vacation. There is golf, mountain biking, the lakes, trips to Sedona, a great restaurant and bar scene, professional sports..it amazes me that some people are so uneducated about the Phoenix market yet have the gaul to make comments about it.
no its not an exaggeration, it does not really cool down enough in some areas until after thanksgiving in fact it is still so hot that the christmas trees here are wilted if you dont buy them as soon as they come to town. the sun is sooo much more intense here than anywhere i have ever lived it can be 90 degrees in nevada and 90 degrees here and it feels much hotter here than there. now sedona is awesome i love it year round. oh btw i am far from being uneducated and just cause someone sees things differently does not make them uneducated or ignorant as you have said many times

Last edited by jaada; 08-05-2010 at 10:53 AM..

Old 08-05-2010, 10:32 AM

[quote=tina3219;15285002]You just reminded me of why I picked AZ. No earthquakes, tornado, hurricanes, black ice/snow storms, ice storms. Just dirt storms and I can handle that. I thought I wouldn't have allergy problems but that was a myth. At night something rolls across the desert and gives me the symptoms. I think I am allergic to spring in the desert.[/QUOTE

what phoenix dont get earthquakes? southern az gets earthquakes alot lately

Old 08-05-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexin View Post
Your kidding right? Someone from the Midwest considers this kind of humidity a joke. Try 100 degrees with 90% humidity and then tell me that Phoenix is humid.
that may be true but someone who is from very very low humidity and never experienced much humidity would consider this high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area