Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 08:15 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,596,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
Does anyone know what happened with SuperPetz? My daughter was looking at gerbils in PetSmart on Saturday and we decided to see what SuperPetz had before we made a decision. I was shocked when I saw they were closed, and their website is down too so it must be nationwide. Did they go bankrupt?
Call Weis HQ in Sunbury and ask them, they owned the chain. They have been closing them for over a year up and down the east coast. They should have just left the Monroe Township Elementary School on the property since Pep Boys, Ruby Tuesday and now SuperPetz ended in a complete failure. I see a future Dollar General location coming lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 06:16 AM

393 posts, read 1,531,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
I see a future Dollar General location coming lol!
I was thinking the same thing. I hope it won't be another bank.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:10 PM

226 posts, read 761,511 times
NEWS FLASH.............Holliday Inn Express coming to the strip

Old 09-01-2011, 03:03 PM

226 posts, read 761,511 times
In the works on the strip
Holliday Inn Express between the mall and the Comfort Inn
Talks are on the way for a Panera Bread on the old Ruby Tuesday site
In town
Twisty Freeze to be put in acrossed from the Napa store
Subway going in at the old Bearly Country store

Old 09-02-2011, 05:45 AM

I do not picture Panera Bread having much success in that area.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:54 AM

885 posts, read 1,524,058 times
If we consider the strip to be an exit on the bypass, then Panera will probably do well - other than the one in State College that seems to be the business model

Old 09-02-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusqueHappy View Post
If we consider the strip to be an exit on the bypass, then Panera will probably do well - other than the one in State College that seems to be the business model
Maybe with business from Susquehanna and Bucknell during the school year and some through traffic, but I don't picture the average resident being a frequent customer. They will be competing against the MTO and Subway, Quizno's was an Epic Fail on "The Strip" along with a few other places. I also don't see many appreciating the quality and bakery selection at Panera, if it's any inclination that I keep hearing from my relatives up there that Bed, Bath & Beyond struggling big time.

Panera plays classical music, not country and their decor is more upscale and trendy in the Starbucks realm. Not that everyone up there doesn't appreciate that type of stuff, just from my experience it's not the norm on average and a lot of people would have a rough time even pronouncing Panera's line of sandwiches or even know what a Panini is lol!

I really hope they do bring one in, would be a good cultural experience for the area, which it is severely lacking.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:29 AM

885 posts, read 1,524,058 times
There is a Panera in Bloomsburg which does great business, local too. Right off the interstate.

It will be interesting to see who is left standing after all this development and revitilization.

[through cupped hands] A Wegman's would be nice.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:32 AM

393 posts, read 1,531,855 times
Panera would never make it. People wouldn't pay the prices at Quizzno's because they prefer the plastic subs at Subway and Sheetz.

A Wegman's would be great along with a Costco. I don't expect to see either build locally. It's a demographics thing.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:03 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,698,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMar View Post
Twisty Freeze to be put in acrossed from the Napa store
Is that where they tore the building down near the Yamaha place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMar View Post
Subway going in at the old Bearly Country store
Is this downtown? I can't remember where Bearly Country was - across from Kinfolks, in that block?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania