Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 11:46 AM

63 posts, read 156,230 times

Advertisements

This just in! My wife just called me and told me that a Planet Fitness has opened up in the old location where Giant was, next to the new dollar tree. She said she got a pre-grand opening sale flyer in the mail. "I pick things up and put them down!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 01:29 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,693,746 times
Yes, it's going to be between Dollar Tree and Ollie's. I was at Dollar Tree last night and there's a sign for pre-registrations at Planet Fitness. You have to stop in a little store between the tractor store and Dynamic Wings as the actual PF location isn't open yet.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:47 PM

26 posts, read 81,194 times
I grew up outside Sunbury, came home for a visit a few months back. Wow it's great to see all the new businesses going in. Hopefully this will start a trend and give the economy there a much needed boost.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:53 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,539 times
When did the Subway in Selinsgrove open? Had no idea till driving downtown yesterday. There was something else closed down that really surprised me as well but can't recall what (will have to watch more closely when I drive it next). Also see the old bar down by the speed track is an antique place. Think it's been there for a while.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:40 AM

Subway opened in the last week or two. It was not open yet at the beginning of April.

The antique place has been in the old bar for a short time, too.

I'm not sure what you saw that is closed down. If you remember, please post it.

There's a new barber shop in town: First Class Male (across from the post office).

Also, Bella's Pizza shop opened between Isabella's and IT Express.

Lots going on downtown!!

Old 04-20-2012, 08:55 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,594,109 times
There was a Subway in downtown Selinsgrove back in the late 80's or early 90's, it was on the corner of Market and Chestnut St where the old State Store was, it burned down, supposedly was torched from what a relative told me because it was losing money.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:05 AM

63 posts, read 156,230 times
Default Mm

I think Subway was a smart choice. We've been there a few times and they seem to act their act together.

I heard from someone on the planning commitee that the Panera Bread that was rumored to be coming in at the former Ruby Tuesday's might be on hold due to some right of way access issues from a neighbor. Not sure if that is true or not, but I do know that Monroe Marketplace is bidding to have a new store soon. Brace yourself, TJMaxx! My wife is thrilled because the closest one we shop at is in Wilke-Barre when we visit my in-laws. The new FitOut will supposedly be located in the currently vacant lot between Bed Bath & Beyond and Target. Yeah for local business revenue!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:27 PM

226 posts, read 760,975 times
Just to let everyone know, a new Mexican restaurant open north of Lewisburg, El Caporal. Moved into the old Long John Silver building. The building beside them is opening soon, will be called the Burger Factory. The old Rita's is now Mancini's Pizzeria Deli Cafe............Lee

Old 05-11-2012, 07:20 AM

12 posts, read 19,972 times
How are the schools in Selinsgrove and are the people friendly? I am relocating and could really use anyones advice. Thanks

Old 05-11-2012, 08:02 AM

I already replied privately, but I'll say this publicly. I think the Selinsgrove school are excellent, not only academically, but also socially and in all other ways. Like the rest of the school districts in PA, they are struggling with budget cuts and trying to make things work out best for the students, but they really do seem to have a handle on it. There are some wonderful people in the school system.

We relocated here in late 1988 and have never had any problems wth people being unfriendly. We are friendly people ourselves, so I'm sure that helps. You tend to get back what you put out, but especially if your kids get involved in activities you'll meet lots of great parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania