Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 11:13 AM

563 posts, read 930,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki0eh View Post
Panera's a good place to get a good $5 lunch for $15.
That's too funny ! And absolutely true...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 10:52 AM

63 posts, read 156,474 times
I saw some action at the old REX building this past weekend. I think the sign read "Spirit" which I think is a temporary Halloween/Costume store for the fall season. I also think it said Opening in Sept. Hey... at least it is one less vacancy that is temporarily filled for the area. A store of this caliber opened at Bloomsburg this time last year... It wasn't too bad for selection and worked well for us to supply some last minute costume needs for the shows we direct at two local high schools.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:29 PM

6 posts, read 18,350 times
I just looked at the website for "Spirit" and it shows no location on the strip, but one "coming soon" for the SV Mall...

There's quite a few of these halloween stores who knows what this one is called

Old 09-19-2011, 08:16 PM

226 posts, read 761,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rps85 View Post
I just looked at the website for "Spirit" and it shows no location on the strip, but one "coming soon" for the SV Mall...

There's quite a few of these halloween stores who knows what this one is called
Spirit Halloween of course One going in around the old Walmart in Lewisburg toooooooooo

Old 10-06-2011, 01:29 PM

786 posts, read 1,596,783 times
Default Selingsgrove Mall

Looks like 2 stores went out in the mall, including Walden books. Guess people aren't buying books anymore. Also don't see any activity at the previous Ruby Tuesday Restaurant despite all the rumors about Panera Bread and others. Store clerk in Target said they thought the whole complex was going down including Target, the Bed & Bath store and Kohls. The set up there is so poorly done, you can't really walk from store to store which is a huge detractor for people who want to get some air and walk around. Dollar Tree is looking good, believe Big Lots would have a place on the strip too. Costco was looking but threatened by Walmart's threat to put in a Sams Club, and the anticipated by-pass which will hurt business through Shamokin Dam. Is that bypass happening or not? Anybody know?

Old 10-06-2011, 02:22 PM

74 posts, read 179,997 times
If they can get the funding in place, the bypass will happen. But who knows when that will happen? As for hurting business along the strip, I know a lot of people who don't shop along that stretch due to all the traffic. The bypass should help get the excess thru traffic off and help make it easier to shop there. And if the thru traffic needs to make a stop there, they just have to take the offramp.

Waldenbooks was owned by Borders, which went under entirely. Borders missed the boat on e-commerce about ten years ago, and more recently, the e-book craze.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:30 PM

130 posts, read 317,999 times
I always felt like the Monroe Marketplace was ill-placed. You can't really see it from the road and so people don't really bother with it. The mindset of people also doesn't help matters, I would tell my grandmother of Target or Kohls and she would always say, "That place is really expensive, Wal-Mart is cheaper". I just... I just don't know. Do we want to live in a world where one store dominates? It was so nice to have choices, but it seems that's going down the tube, well hell, everything else pretty much is these days isn't it?

Old 10-10-2011, 08:13 AM

74 posts, read 179,997 times
It looks like Books-A-Million is coming to the mall, so the bookstore absence there will be short-lived.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:57 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,700,902 times
It's official per the Daily Item. Panera Bread will be building a new building on the Ruby Tuesday lot and a medical (medicine/pharmacy?) place will be renovating the current Ruby Tuesday building.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:51 AM

885 posts, read 1,524,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
It's official per the Daily Item. Panera Bread will be building a new building on the Ruby Tuesday lot and a medical (medicine/pharmacy?) place will be renovating the current Ruby Tuesday building.
Thanks, didn't see that story
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania