Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2010, 01:37 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,698,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susquehannock View Post
We go through Montoursville a lot and we noticed they have many sub shops. Which one is the best?
Cellini's used to be the place to go for awesome hoagies. I haven't been there in a long time and it's changed owners once or twice, but I understand it's still good. They made a great cosmo. My husband prefers ham & cheese cosmos, but they do an awesome job on any.

Frankie's Sub Shop always had good hoagies too. Their cheese steaks are very good. They actually make them with browned hamburger meat, like you'd do for a meat spaghetti sauce, rather than with sandwich steaks.

I don't think you'd go wrong at either place. If there are other sub shops I'm not familiar with them or would consider them inferior to Cellini's and Frankie's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taste of Philly View Post
We're across from Kleinbauers on the lower level. In addition to opening on July 22, we are having a grand opening on July 31. We'll be giving away a free half hoagie a week for a year, free t-shirts with a $25 purchase and a trip to Philadelphia. Thanks for your support everyone! Now its time to get ready for the Hops, Vines and Wines festival!
I drove through the downtown about 2:30 today. Wow! What a hopping place. The painted/decorated chairs for the contest look awesome. There were quite a few sidewalk sales going on too. I drove down Market Street and realized my husband gets his hair cut at a place on the main level of your building. Then I turned up University Avenue and went down the alley behind the post office to mail some bills. Then I swung around onto High Street and back to Pine Street at the back end of the Hops, Vines and Wines festival. What a great turnout, and what wonderful weather for it. Hopefully tomorrow's turnout for Antiques on the Isle will be just as good.

I checked out your menu on your Facebook page. It looks great. I was telling my 17-yo son about your 22", 2-pound hoagies and he just said, "Awesome!" LOL. I personally can't wait to try the homemade pierogies. Yum! Hope to see you soon.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,510 times
A cheesesteak made with browned hamburger meat is not a "real" cheesesteak.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly01 View Post
A cheesesteak made with browned hamburger meat is not a "real" cheesesteak.
I agree with you, but the way they do it, it is very good. It's like a ground steak with melted cheese - not traditional but very tasty. We were really surprised the first time we ordered one, but we did go back for more.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:51 AM

63 posts, read 156,337 times
We ordered lunch from work today.. Everyone agreed it was pretty good! "The works" Salad is huge and piled high with meat and cheese. The Garden Cheesesteak was delicious too. Definitely will return :-)

Old 08-12-2010, 08:24 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,919,578 times
I see they tore down the old computer store/building by the Comfort Inn. Somebody said this was in preparation for the bypass but not sure. Anybody have any info?

Any news on the Sonic coming to the strip? I'm taking it may be a dead deal as nothing has been floating around about it for quite a bit.

Any other new rumors out there of businesses opening or closing?

Old 08-12-2010, 03:50 PM

226 posts, read 761,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
I see they tore down the old computer store/building by the Comfort Inn. Somebody said this was in preparation for the bypass but not sure. Anybody have any info?

Any news on the Sonic coming to the strip? I'm taking it may be a dead deal as nothing has been floating around about it for quite a bit.

Any other new rumors out there of businesses opening or closing?
RJ I talked to the owners of Autos Plus and they said that the economy has slowed the process of Sonic moving to our area.
This not on the strip but I heard Mulberrys in Danville closed. Kind of like that place.......Lee

Old 08-12-2010, 08:07 PM

4,277 posts, read 11,804,220 times
We ate at the Friendly's on the strip last night (as usual, we really wanted to go to Emma's but it was closed ). Our waitress was extremely enthusiastic and fawning over our 7 year old daughter, offering things like a balloon and her special selection of make your own in a to-go sundae too. My steak salad was better than I'd had previously at BJ's in Selinsgrove, another pleasant surprise.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:12 AM

R.J., there was a brief mention in the newspaper of the old computer place being torn down for the bypass. Things seem to be moving forward - slowly!

On another note, my husband subscribes to some job search sites online and he got a response recently from Toys R Us and Babies R Us looking for managers in Selinsgrove. Anyone know if they're planning to build in the area? I haven't heard anything other than this online thing.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:37 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,919,578 times
Thanks for the info on Sonic and the computer store Lee and Dawn. Always interesting to see changes happening. Looks like there has been a sports memorability shop in Quizno's old spot for a couple weeks now. NRG Controls is at the old key place across from Sheetz.

Random question but was curious where the best travel agencies are in the area? I've been thinking of looking into going on a cruise for the first time but not sure where to start. Some of the sites I have looked at online have confused me so thinking it might be best to visit a place that could explain everything in person. I know there are a few around but not sure if they are basically all the same. Is it generally cheaper to use the internet for prices?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania