Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2010, 08:40 PM

226 posts, read 761,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Took notice that the Golden Chopsticks have a lunch/dinner buffet. Not sure if this is new but it's for a great price. Anybody go to it? What do they have on the buffet? I'm intrigued in checking it out.

Dawne, was going to eat at Sorella's the other day but my friend talked me out of it as she wasn't interested in going. I gotta finally go check them out.
RJ........Golden Chopsticks buffet is great......I've never ate in. I've always taken out. They give a nice size container to take plenty home for 5 bucks........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 01:08 AM

23 posts, read 59,815 times
I cannot even imagine eating at Sorella's three times. My husband and I ate there once since we were with a group of friends. We had the worst spaghetti imaginable. And grandson had a slice of pepperoni pizza. Didn't care for the sauce.

Since the one by Walmart was so bad, we are skipping the one here in Norry. It's a shame that they ran Giovanni's out, they had by far the best spaghetti. The good news is that Big Jon's by Middleburg has the same sauce, and since we pick up their used oil, I get out that way to eat now. As for local (Norry and Selinsgrove) will stick to Papa John's for pizza and Amato's for italian meals.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:08 PM

9 posts, read 42,195 times
I ate at Sorella's once, and once was enough. Terrible food, and to expensive. I'll stick with Amato's.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:16 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,696,389 times
We really loved Mancino's when it was in the mall (same main owner) but after eating at Sorella's probably four or five times now, I have to change my original recommendation and say that they will not be our first choice. It's been disappointing. While we do like the pizza, the meals aren't that great, and the service has been terrible. We've had to go back halfway through a meal to remind them to bring our drinks! And refills cost the same as the original drink - ridiculous when you know how little fountain soda costs the restaurant. Last time, my daughter wanted some pasta with Alfredo sauce, but they didn't have anything on the menu that suited her. We asked if she could get ziti with Alfredo sauce and they were willing to substitute. It came with little pieces of ham (prosciutto?) in the sauce and some sort of spices that made it totally unpalatable. So when we go there it will be for pizza only, and then rarely as there are other better choices in the area that cost less.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:10 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,918,698 times
Uh oh.....you all have me a bit nervous to try Sorella's now. Not too wild about places with bad service so will have to decide if I want to go there....maybe I'll just order something to go. I'm a huge fan of Amato's subs and thinking nobody will beat them (so is there a better place for subs in the area? )

Old 05-04-2010, 08:44 PM

226 posts, read 761,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Uh oh.....you all have me a bit nervous to try Sorella's now. Not too wild about places with bad service so will have to decide if I want to go there....maybe I'll just order something to go. I'm a huge fan of Amato's subs and thinking nobody will beat them (so is there a better place for subs in the area? )
If you ask me about subs Chicken teriyaki with the works at Subway
Simply unbelievable

Old 05-05-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMar View Post
If you ask me about subs Chicken teriyaki with the works at Subway
Simply unbelievable
The chicken terriyaki is pretty good. Subway has seemed to go downhill a bit though. Got a CT sub at the shop in Norry and it wasn't very good (where I remember them being totally awesome a year ago).

Old 05-05-2010, 10:53 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,696,389 times
When we want "real" subs we go to the Mifflinburg Sub Shop. They're the way we remember them from high school back in the '70s and '80s in Montoursville at Cellini's and Frankie's.

R.J., the counter workers at Sorella's are high school kids for the most part and I think they just don't know that much about good customer service. You still have to get your own plastic or silverware from the "cart" like they had in the mall at Mancino's. I think what irks me the most is having to pay full price for a drink refill when I know darn well it only costs them about 25 cents for each fountain soda they dispense. Why not free refills like most everyone else has? And they don't have a variety of sizes. All drinks are the same size, which maybe is enough for some people, but not me, my husband or my teenage son. If I have to pay for refills I'd at least like to be able to get a super size cup like at the other fast food places. At least with that I could pace myself and probably not need a refill. Italian food makes me very thirsty!

I'd say give it a try, and let us know what you think.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
When we want "real" subs we go to the Mifflinburg Sub Shop. They're the way we remember them from high school back in the '70s and '80s in Montoursville at Cellini's and Frankie's.

R.J., the counter workers at Sorella's are high school kids for the most part and I think they just don't know that much about good customer service. You still have to get your own plastic or silverware from the "cart" like they had in the mall at Mancino's. I think what irks me the most is having to pay full price for a drink refill when I know darn well it only costs them about 25 cents for each fountain soda they dispense. Why not free refills like most everyone else has? And they don't have a variety of sizes. All drinks are the same size, which maybe is enough for some people, but not me, my husband or my teenage son. If I have to pay for refills I'd at least like to be able to get a super size cup like at the other fast food places. At least with that I could pace myself and probably not need a refill. Italian food makes me very thirsty!

I'd say give it a try, and let us know what you think.
I'll have to give them a try.....maybe I'll hit them next week. Hoping to check out the Golden Chopsticks buffet this week but not sure as we had somebody fired from work and been working a ton of overtime. I agree on the soda refill......it doesn't really cost a company anything to give refills. I thought almost every restaurant does free refills anymore......sad to see that some don't

Old 05-18-2010, 11:02 AM

56 posts, read 182,970 times
Default Longhorn Steakhouse

Hi all, its been a long time. From reading this forum I know that an alcoholic beverages license was approved for the Longhorn Steakhouse. So I knew it was coming, but not where. I thought I had read somewhere that it was to be placed in the Monroe Marketplace. But according to this... Haley Construction, Inc. About Us, and other construction sites it is a remodel. So, where exactly is it going???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania