Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2014, 05:48 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,254,996 times

Advertisements

Well done for quitting!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 08:49 AM

426 posts, read 792,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
On another note, I want to shout out to myself here. This past weekend I celebrated one year of being a non smoker!!!!!

I don't know how I didn't go back. I've thought about it many times over this past year but just haven't.

I don't often toot my own horn but I must admit I'm pretty proud of myself
That's fantastic Jersey!!

Last edited by Jaded; 07-07-2014 at 11:27 AM..

Old 07-07-2014, 10:52 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,932,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
On another note, I want to shout out to myself here. This past weekend I celebrated one year of being a non smoker!!!!!

I don't know how I didn't go back. I've thought about it many times over this past year but just haven't.

I don't often toot my own horn but I must admit I'm pretty proud of myself
You should be proud of yourself. Great job, Jersey!!!

Old 07-07-2014, 12:13 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Congrats on your one year anniversary! That's quite an accomplishment even without the incredible stress you've endured. You should celebrate and treat yourself to something special!

Old 07-07-2014, 02:08 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times
Terrific especially for this past year. My own mother smoked for 58 years and one day just quit cold turkey. She had great motivation: it was either quit and come live with me and my family or go live in Assisted Living and have to sneak outside to grab a smoke.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:32 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,167,785 times
Congrats, Jersey!! I had tried quitting years ago by using Chantix, but it made me so depressed that I could barely get off the couch. When I became pregnant with my now 19 month year old, I quit cold turkey. I found it easier to quit the smokes then to stop drinking coke! Sometimes I still miss the thought of it, but the one time I tried to smoke one I puked. I can't stand the smell of them now.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:37 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,787,955 times
Jersey, I've said it before, but it's worth saying again, I greatly admire how you've handled this. Just INCREDIBLE that you were able to resist turning to cigarettes through all of this. If this couldn't make you go back to smoking, NOTHING will!

Old 07-08-2014, 08:25 AM

659 posts, read 1,173,574 times
NANA JERSEY, Kudos on breaking the cig habit and assisting your daughter in her new role as a parent.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:42 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,766,140 times
Thank you all so much.

I've been off here for a few days. We are still waiting for the call to get the paternity test. Nothing yet.

Baby is still quite colicky. Ugh! I feel so bad for her.

I've been nuts with my other kids too and going through normal teen stuff with them. The other one now is testing me. They wonder why I go and see the baby as soon as I get home. It's probably the only smile I will get all night.

I'm saving for our cruise that they still don't know about. They are wondering why I'm being tight with cash but I'm not telling them. One day maybe they will all look back and realize that mom really does love them and put up with a lot of crap from them. God give me strength until then.

I have to be honest here. I've not been feeling well and it's really a bad time for it. I did make an appointment with my cardio. Quite a bit of chest pain and middle shoulder blade. I'm sure it's just stress.

Work has been crazy and mentally draining.

My girls got preferred candidate status for their top choice schools. They will be seniors this year and that's hitting hard too. I'm not ready for all this change.

I guess it's just not been a great week.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:09 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,766,140 times
Still no paternity test!!!!

My daughter is on pins and needles waiting on it. We did hear from the court about the paperwork. Apparently fob signed my daughter's name to the consent for the test. I do think it was an accident with him not realizing what was going on. My daughter said there were a lot of papers flying around the table.

Baby turned two months and is now rolling over. She only likes to sleep at night which is great but she gets so tired during the day that she doesn't know what to do with herself and is cranky pants.

She found her thumb and it's so adorable. I reminded my daughter of the importance of an education and a job with a good dental plan. She's going to need it.

School is starting back up in a little over a month for her. She is checking into child care now to prepare. I had to push her into it. She was procrastinating big time.

But that was the deal. We would support her if she remains in school.

I will say she is doing a good job with the baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting