Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2018, 05:33 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,959,151 times

Advertisements

I traveled with you on your Odyssey. I often wondered what became of you and your daughter and your grandbaby. Now I know that while life has been hectic and chaotic, you are still standing, like the champ you are.

Good to see you still have your sense of humor and your good sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 07:17 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,358,184 times
OP--Glad you came back to update all of us. Like others I sometimes wondered what happened with your daughter and the baby.

Of course you've questioned your parenting, that's what good parents do. You've done fine in a trying situation. Probably better than most would have. Congratulations on the little sweet granddaughter.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:35 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,766,140 times
You know, all of the updated responses to my most recent updates are so heartwarming. I never realized that there were many of you that wondered about our journey or even thought about us from time to time.

Thank you for that.

Especially this time of year, it just adds to the warmth I feel during.

I’m not sure if I’ve told you all this. My grandmother that was so incredibly dear to me died on Thanksgiving. She lived with us. We hospiced her in our home. Thanksgivings have changed for me but not in a way of mourning. I’m happy her and my grandfather can be together again. And I look around and reflect on all I have to be thankful for.

I’m adding all of you that have been part of this thread journey. It’s more than that. It’s been a place to vent and receive feedback from some of you that have gone through it, some that felt the same anger and heartbreak I did. And those of you that encouraged and cheered throughout.

I’ve learned that there are a lot of families that face severe challenges and they all handle them differently. I may have held judgement in the past. Silently of course. I no longer do that.

I have a friend whose daughter has gotten herself addicted to drugs. Her journey has been incredible. It’s not over. She’s had to make very tough decisions along the way. Definitely no judgement there. She has two other daughters to consider in those decisions. It’s so amazing how one family member’s decisions can affect the whole dynamic and day to day lives of all within.

Old 09-29-2019, 09:06 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,396,101 times
Oh my gosh! I’m so happy you updated the thread. I think about you and your family from time to time. I’m thrilled the baby is healthy and happy. I’m happy you get to be a regular grandma. That’s a big relief. I’m sorry to hear that she didn’t finish school, but that happens to young moms sometime. This same thing has happened to a friend of mine. The baby is due in a few months. I’m going to have her read this thread. She’s been wanting them to get married.

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma.

Old 09-29-2019, 12:53 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,766,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Oh my gosh! I’m so happy you updated the thread. I think about you and your family from time to time. I’m thrilled the baby is healthy and happy. I’m happy you get to be a regular grandma. That’s a big relief. I’m sorry to hear that she didn’t finish school, but that happens to young moms sometime. This same thing has happened to a friend of mine. The baby is due in a few months. I’m going to have her read this thread. She’s been wanting them to get married.

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma.
Thank you 😊 I truly didn’t realize how many followed this and wondered how we were doing.

I understand her wanting them to get married. It’s puts everything together into a neat box. I too thought, only at first, that they should do that. My daughter’s situation is different though. It would have ended in heartbreak for all three of them.

Please tell your friend that I wish her nothing but the best for her family. I hope her roads are smooth on the journey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting