Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 07:48 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,182,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
So how do you decide which advice to follow and what to agree with? Remember, it was your link.
How do you make any decision in life, Suzy? Personally, I tend to look at information from a wide variety of sources and come to a decision based on the information that makes the most sense to me. I do not just pick a person or an organization to follow and agree with everything they say. I have a brain and I use it. Yes, I do remember that it was my link. Thanks for bolding that part, I never would have remembered otherwise.

Quote:
It seems you have keyed on the idea that aluminum is possibly toxic, then discarded Dr. Sears' conclusion that we should give vaccines containing aluminum until either there is confirmation that aluminum is not a good idea or better adjuvants are developed.
The part regarding aluminum toxicity is based on facts, the recommendation to space out vaccines is an opinion. I think Dr Sears has good advice and it may be right for some families. Maybe or maybe not for my own. It is one piece of information to consider.

Quote:
Since you are anonymous here, why should you not share with us what vaccines you feel are too dangerous to use?
Why should I share my family's personal medical decisions with anyone? Care to share the details of your last pap smear or mammogram?

Quote:
There are no vaccines in the current recommended list that I do not want my granddaughter to receive. I see no reason to deviate from the recommended schedule, barring an illness at the scheduled time that would make a delay advisable.
Good for you.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:50 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,182,741 times
Quote:
Cool, a blog! Some random person's opinion!

Old 09-04-2011, 09:14 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Honestly, I get that you are only do what you believe is the right thing for your children.

It's really not a case of them vs. us, all anyone wants is the best interests of children, one's own specifically, and all children in general.
I agree with that!!

Old 09-04-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I don't know if you have been following these vaccination threads for long. Some of us have. The poster to whom you allude, has a long history of starting threads that are anti-vaccination and jumping into other threads.
I wouldn't have a clue who you could mean...in fact I don't know of ANY people who're opposed to vaccines that have STARTED a thread.....but I know lots of vaccine proponents who have........You've left me curious as to why if someone has a different point of view, or belief.... that's different from yours...you feel you can insult them......I'm all for knowing all the pros AND the cons.....some of us like to be informed and are quite mature and of sound mind to form our own desicians....about ALL the imformation that's out there.

Last edited by JustJulia; 09-05-2011 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: fixed html tag

Old 09-04-2011, 09:38 PM

Doctors Speak Out Against Vaccines!!!! - H1N1 Swine Flu - YouTube

Old 09-04-2011, 10:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
By the way, plague is still around. It can be treated with antibiotics, and there is actually a vaccine for it. It is not gone.

CDC Plague Home Page - CDC Division of Vector-Borne Infectious Diseases (DVBID)
I didn't know there was a vaccine for plague. There are a few cases every year out here in CO. The prairie dogs are the source.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:57 PM

37,112 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Cool, a blog! Some random person's opinion!
An interview with the "random person" who wrote the blog.

Why is your opinion any more valid than his? He is a layman who has done a lot of research, including reading original studies.

Evidence Soup - Interview Wednesday: Leart Shaka, crusader for good evidence about vaccination.

Sounds like he does pretty much what you say you do, doesn't it?

Old 09-04-2011, 11:02 PM

37,112 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I didn't know there was a vaccine for plague. There are a few cases every year out here in CO. The prairie dogs are the source.
My husband had plague vaccine (he was in the military).

This is kind of old:

Plague Vaccine

Old 09-04-2011, 11:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
My husband had plague vaccine (he was in the military).

This is kind of old:

Plague Vaccine
Very interesting. Thanks.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:18 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Doctor's Speak Out Against Vaccines - H1N1
Purehuman, thank you so much for proving the point. It's really important to get information from a reputable source, and to do one's homework!

Let's look at little closer at the "Doctor's" in the video:

Barbara Loe Fisher - University of Maryland; B.A. (English) 1969

Rene Toko (actually Renee Tocco) - Choropractor specializing in nutrition

Warren Levin, M.D. - specializes in Candida and Lyme disease. Lost his licence in NY and Connecticut

Stephen Marini - Chiropractor who advises against giving Rhogam for rh incompatability!

Mary Toko - mother

Lawrence Palevsky - Holistic Pediatrician. Has published a multitude of opinion pieces, but no peer reviewed research.

Wakefield - defrocked fraud!

Gary Matsumoto - journalist

Sarah Fletcher - Family Practitioner - not published. Says Flu Vacc contains mercury! Nuff said.

Meryl Nass - M.D - bioterrorism expert

Jim Moody - attorney
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting