Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 10:26 AM

69 posts, read 175,288 times

Advertisements

I have a phobia or fear of cats yeah strange but I can't help it kittens, large, small, calico it doesn't matter. My family makes fun of me but we have no cats for pets. I have to wash my dishes in a certain order (rental house doesn't have a dishwasher) has anyone ever watched the show Monk on USA sounds like everyone has OCD in small doses but you know I think that is what makes us unique and I think that is great, my neice doesn't like her food to touch on her plate when her older sister was little she was the same every thing had to be on a sperate plate. My boyfriend hates spiders but always manages to walk into the webs at the end of the carport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2006, 10:56 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Yes, guns would be a good thing, if people knew how and when to properly use them. Also, if they knew how to keep their kids away from them and teach them the proper respect...maybe it wouldn't be so bad when people did have them. I grew up with guns in my house, my dad was a cop. However, there was a rule. Under no circumstances ever, at any time, does anyone in the house touch them besides daddy. They will kill, period. And we never touched them no matter what. Then when we were older, my dad took us out to quarries and taught us how to properly use guns, shotguns and rifles, so that we knew the safety issues, the dangers, and how to respect their power. But we were never allowed to touch them again unless we were adults in the military, cops or hunters. I've never touched one since and have no desire to.
Same here. But I have touched them. Not for fun either. I was taught how to use them and respect them. I knew if I even DARED to go open and just LOOK at them I would get my rearend worn out. So I have a respect for them and I know what they can do. I also know they can save my life as one has before. The person that did break into the house during the night ran off when my mother freaked out and all she could say is "where's my gun" (that's not what scared them off) but when I said exactly WHERE IT WAS and that "I HAVE MINE" and you heard it click, they ran out. I was a teenager then and thank goodness I was not scared of guns or who knows what would have happened. Have not had to get one out for anything other than target practice since until a few years ago. I'm also one of those weird people that does things in a certain order. I have my routine especially the one before I go to bed. Checking on the kids, turning off lights, locking doors or rather making sure they are all locked. I do all of this in a certain order. We had just moved into our house that was preowned. Been up late that Saturday night for hubbies b-day and all. About 2:30 in the morning the alarm goes off and get startled straight awake. I look at the control panel in our room (always have a keypad for the alarm IN the master bedroom for these cases) and saw it said the backdoor was open. Hmm, I remember SPECIFICALLY checking BOTH locks on THAT door. I p/u the phone and call 911 while hubby is getting our handguns out and all. LOL, the operator heard my gun click and asked what it was, "me loading my gun". The kids were upstairs asleep and never woke up, heck the dog never even woke up . As both of us are standing there armed facing the door to our bedroom that was open we waited for the police to come. They won't come in until you put your gun down, . They had already circled the outside of the house and then came in. As the first officer starts to head up the front stairs he stops to ask w/ his gun drawn if there is anyone upstairs. This is when as a mother my heart stopped, literally. "YES!!!!" Who, what, what size, etc. They searched the entire house inside and out (I made them look in ALL of the closets ). Nothing. But there stood the backdoor completely open and unlocked. The rest of the night hubby and I sat in the family room each facing a different way w/ our "friend" beside us. I'll tell you those were two different mornings that I was NEVER so happy as to see the sun come up no matter how early it was. We had a locksmith come the next day and change all of the locks. Something I had yet done but knew needed to be done . I have since found out that the previous owners had a grown child that was always in trouble and that they probably did not tell him they had moved and they only saw him when he showed up needing something. GREAT .

I still make my rounds every night. The same order checking all doors and not only making sure the lock is turned but pushing the door to make sure it "caught".

Old 09-14-2006, 01:16 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,330,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel View Post
I have a phobia or fear of cats yeah strange but I can't help it kittens, large, small, calico it doesn't matter. My family makes fun of me but we have no cats for pets. I have to wash my dishes in a certain order (rental house doesn't have a dishwasher) has anyone ever watched the show Monk on USA sounds like everyone has OCD in small doses but you know I think that is what makes us unique and I think that is great, my neice doesn't like her food to touch on her plate when her older sister was little she was the same every thing had to be on a sperate plate. My boyfriend hates spiders but always manages to walk into the webs at the end of the carport.

I can't let my food touch either!! I can eat some things together on the same plate like steak, potatoes and corn but I don't like them touching. Other foods, I can't even eat them out of the same plate. I have to get a new plate and wash my fork. My mom must've loved doing the dishes when I was a kid.

I also have other weird routines too. Such as, I can't take a shower without brushing my teeth first...don't know why. But I have to floss, then brush, then shower and that order CANNOT be disrupted or I'm a mess. Another one is when I eat cheeseburgers (I just noticed this recently actually), I eat all around in a circle and save the middle for last...everytime. I have to put pants and socks/shoes on the same way everytime...you could yell FIRE and I'll waste time putting my clothes on in my normal routine. I tried to do it with the opposite leg once and I fell on the floor.

I have to take the bottom cellophane off of a cigarette pack, even if they're not mine. If it's on there, I will simply stare at it and it will bug me until I yank it off and chuck it.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:13 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,527 times
Quote:
I can't let my food touch either!! I can eat some things together on the same plate like steak, potatoes and corn but I don't like them touching. Other foods, I can't even eat them out of the same plate. I have to get a new plate and wash my fork. My mom must've loved doing the dishes when I was a kid.

I also have other weird routines too. Such as, I can't take a shower without brushing my teeth first...don't know why. But I have to floss, then brush, then shower and that order CANNOT be disrupted or I'm a mess. Another one is when I eat cheeseburgers (I just noticed this recently actually), I eat all around in a circle and save the middle for last...everytime. I have to put pants and socks/shoes on the same way everytime...you could yell FIRE and I'll waste time putting my clothes on in my normal routine. I tried to do it with the opposite leg once and I fell on the floor.

I have to take the bottom cellophane off of a cigarette pack, even if they're not mine. If it's on there, I will simply stare at it and it will bug me until I yank it off and chuck it.

Oh you must freak out at pot lucks, ever notice how people just pile all kinds of different foods on top of each other on the same plate? Makes me lose my appetite. YUK

Old 09-14-2006, 03:51 PM

Quote:

The niece that can't let her food touch is now a vegitarin but when she ate meat, she pulled her burgers apart and ate each layer seperatley, it was fun going out with her we could be there for a while waiting on her to finish her meal, because she ate everything seperatley first fries then the burger, she still eats one item at a time like all her green beans first and so on . I am one of these people that likes things to match, I don't like odd furniture, I don't like the distressed or crackle look if I am going to pay a fortune for something by gosh I want it to look new.I have the dishes stacked a certain way in the cabinet and it drives me crazy when people just throw things in there.

Old 09-14-2006, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
Oh you must freak out at pot lucks, ever notice how people just pile all kinds of different foods on top of each other on the same plate? Makes me lose my appetite. YUK
My sister won't even eat at potlucks because she doesn't see the people prepare the food and it weirds her out, kind of embarrassing at church you know.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:02 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
I have a child that does NOT like for her food to touch either. Wants a seperate utensil for EACH item. Eats one thing at a time. And heaven forbid there is ANYTHING on her plate that she is not going to eat. It CAN NOT stay on her plate. She will not eat until it is taken off of her plate. But I am kinda the same way. Don't like for certain foods to touch. Will use a seperate dish for some foods no matter what. People that put their salad on their plate w/ their dinner ??? Ewww. The dressing gets on the other stuff.

Now, who rotates their plates? I do. Same w/ my towels. My towels must all be folded and stacked the same way. And I have every bathroom color coded. The towels for each bathroom match the decor. Pink for one child, yellow & purple for the other, gold and burgandy for me. And the ones that have more than one color the towels MUST be alternated.

I also put my clothes on the same way every time. I must put my left leg in first. I must put my left shoe on first.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:17 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel View Post
My sister won't even eat at potlucks because she doesn't see the people prepare the food and it weirds her out, kind of embarrassing at church you know.
I work with these weird Managers that make us have potlucks, so weird but anyway I bring something and that's usually all I eat unless someone brings something from takeout.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:25 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,330,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I have a child that does NOT like for her food to touch either. Wants a seperate utensil for EACH item. Eats one thing at a time. And heaven forbid there is ANYTHING on her plate that she is not going to eat. It CAN NOT stay on her plate. She will not eat until it is taken off of her plate. But I am kinda the same way. Don't like for certain foods to touch. Will use a seperate dish for some foods no matter what. People that put their salad on their plate w/ their dinner ??? Ewww. The dressing gets on the other stuff.

Now, who rotates their plates? I do. Same w/ my towels. My towels must all be folded and stacked the same way. And I have every bathroom color coded. The towels for each bathroom match the decor. Pink for one child, yellow & purple for the other, gold and burgandy for me. And the ones that have more than one color the towels MUST be alternated.

I also put my clothes on the same way every time. I must put my left leg in first. I must put my left shoe on first.
I do the same thing with towels...everyone has their own and that's that. My cabinets have to be a certain way, I don't care if people agree with my system or not. I know where everything is and that's all that matters. My husband's not allowed to put dishes away for me. He flings things wherever he finds a spot. I too will not eating salad on the same dinner plate. But here's the thing, we're Italian, so we eat salad after the dinner anyway, but I have to get a new plate or the shkeeve from my dinner food with mix with the salad (especially if we're eating gravy--sorry, sauce--and meatballs first....yuuck!)

My right leg goes in first, but my left shoe goes on first after I'm dressed (well, obviously after).

Old 09-14-2006, 07:47 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,789,581 times
Talking Omg!!!

You guys are too funny! You're all a bunch of neurotic freaks!!! Thanks for making me feel sane!!!
I AM a fanatic with dishes. I mean, they can sit in the sink for a week, but they have to have soapy water in them, I mean, come on! Love doesn't care & I guess I've lightened up on it a bit...
But the dishes are basically washed BEFORE they go in the dishwasher! My mom has the same "neurosis" so I figure that's where I got it, although I used to think she was nuts!

Ok - here's an odd one...I work in a kitchen so we have the stacks of silverware ready to go up. (room service) The forks are all bent up, & I will stand there until I find one where the prongs are perfectly straight across!!! They all think I'm nuts, but they're used to me & everyone I work with is nuts anyway! I just must eat with a straight fork!!! (And of course rinse it under boiling water even though it's clean & has been "polished" - wiped to get the water stains from the dishwasher off)

Oh - on the gun thing...Yes they are not toys!!! I HATE when people go all anti gun because some parent didn't pay attention/didn't care & some kid gets ahold of it. So many, if not all, of these tragedies could be prevented! It's not the GUNS!!! It's the PEOPLE!!!
I have thought before that if everyone were armed, (everywhere) things like The Holocaust & slavery would never have happened!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics