Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 01:24 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,884,612 times

Advertisements

My phobias and fears:

1. Heights (I hate high places)
2. Flying (especially nowadays, I'll never get in a plane again. Sorry, but no).
3. Reptiles (snakes, lizards, etc. I just hate them and really are deathly afraid of them).
4. Open fires (I love camping, but I don't like getting too close to an open fire though).

My quirks:

1. I put my books back on the shelf after I'm done with them for the day.
2. I shave my legs everday (everyday I'm in the shower).
3. I wake up no later than 8am or earlier.
4. I always avoid the reptile section at the zoo.
**5. I'm always in bed by 9pm (but I watch T.V. in my room until I go to sleep at 10:30 or 11).

** Unless I'm out, for the night, with my friends dancing and watching a live band or karaoke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 06:56 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,171,725 times
Just about everything I do would seem Quirky to most people. The good part is that I'm happy with my silly self.

There is nothing I am afraid of. No phobias. I don't like rats or mice though.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 798 times
Talking My Fears and Quirks

I have these fears...

- Fear of needles.
- Fear of blood.
- Fear of veins (wrists, inner elbows, back of knees)
- Fear of being attacked. (I was mugged when I was 13)
- Fear of darkness.(I sleep with the TV on and can't sleep if my boyfriend is out)
- Fear of being naked in front of people.
- Fear of being sick or seeing/hearing someone be sick.
- Fear of wasps and daddy long legs.
- Fear of thunder and lightning. (My Nan's chimney caught fire)
- Fear of embarrassment.
- Fear of people who don't clean their hands and touch my food/me.

I have so many more too... My boyfriend tells me I'm too paranoid as I am scared of almost everything. I don't go out alone unless I really have to.

As for quirks... I always stand on my tip toes when in the kitchen even when wearing shoes. I guess it's 'cos I always imagine the floor being too cold.

I wash my hands a lot and I don't let anyone touch my food unless I have seen them wash their hands - thoroughly.

I watch Only Fools and Horses and Everybody Loves Raymond every morning before work to put me in a good mood.

Everyone says I'm crazy for this one... I start work at 6am every morning and live half an hours walk away... but I get up at 2.40am to have a bath, get a coffee and wake up... (Including watching OFAH and ELR).

I have more, but I sound weird enough as it is, so I'll stop here.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:58 PM

581 posts, read 1,187,690 times
Phobias:
-I hate vomiting or seeing some vomit. I will literally fight my head and my body to BUT get sick. I can count on one hand then number of times I have been. Even though when I have, I felt so much better.
-Fear of snakes
-Fear of clowns. Seriously.
-I do not like to fly but I have jumped out f numerous planes and love to skydive. But to take a cross country trip, forget it!

Quirks:
-OCD. Even though it looks "messy" there is a method to my madness. Everything has it's place among the choas.
-ADD. I have a horrible attention span. Add on to it that I have hearing loss so I look like I'm in my own world a lot of the time. But it's cool. Let's people leave me alone.
-I like talking TO people but don't like people talking TO me. Case and point: I like to initate a conversation but don't like to be invited into one. If that makes sense.
-I organize EVERYTHING by color in alabetical order. IE, black, blue, brown, etc.
-Shoes have to be tied a certain way depending on the type of shoe. Running,work boot.
-My hair HAS TO BE PERFECT. I was in the military for a long while and I'm a pro at making buns and making sure my hair will not fuzz up, get a lone shark floating around, or be messed up, even with taking on and off a ACH, field cap, beret. I now still have to do that for my civilian job so I perfected how to get my hair perfect in less than 10mins from start to finish.

There are more but this is embarrassing enough for today.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:52 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,276,064 times
I just cannot drive on the freeway. If I ever got onto one accidentally , I would have to pull over and wait until someone I know could come & rescue me.

And, I have been driving for forty five years! Sad, I know.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-21-2012, 09:11 PM

7,365 posts, read 5,480,006 times
Phobia: I hate mice and rats! If I even see one on the TV I look away. And I am scared to death of driving somewhere where I don't know where I'm going. Even with a GPS. Sad!
Quirks: I am somewhat OCD. Not bad enough to worry about or go on medications though. But I am very organized, all the stuff has to be in it's place. I lay out my clothes, shoes and jewelry for work the night before. I am always on time if not early for work or other appointments. There's more but I've made myself dorky enough for the moment!

Old 03-22-2012, 01:13 PM

22,839 posts, read 6,434,961 times
I agree about the vomiting, even as a kid I thought it was repulsive. I'm actually a bit better now
if it happens, usually it's years apart, but I'd rather suffer through a stomach ache, how pathetic
is that??
Clowns, I just think they are grotesque, not funny. How they don't scare kids is beyond me...

Last edited by pekemom; 03-22-2012 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: word

Old 03-22-2012, 08:55 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,008 times
Phobia: Spiders and sleeping in total darkness (unless I'm not alone). Also heights.

Quirks: Don't like to get my face wet for one ...

Old 03-23-2012, 05:57 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,484 times
Phobias:

Yeah, I got the vomit thing too. The substance itself doesn't bother me nearly as much as the act of doing it; either myself, or someone else. Everyone thinks I "don't like it" because it makes me sick. I tell them it goes way beyond making me sick, it terrifies me. I agree with others that I'd rather be miserable than just get it over with.

Math. Seriously. But I was diagnosed with dyscalculia, a learning disorder that specifically targets my ability to deal with math.

Clowns. And the Burger King. Who thought that was a good idea?!?!?!

Quirks:

Both sides of my body have to feel the same. I could never wear something with just one sleeve. I can't put just one foot out of the covers when I'm in bed. Michael Jackson drove me crazy with that "one glove!" When I had to have my Dr. remove a splinter from one foot, I had to take off both shoes.

I don't like the "smile" left in a sandwich after I take a bite. I have to bite off the points.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:12 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,676,380 times
I get lightheaded, hot and start to feel nautious in crowded places. I start hyperventalating. Not sure
what it is exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics