Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 01:52 PM

1,408 posts, read 8,035,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
Hi.... just thought this might be another fun topic. What are your phobias and strange quirks?

i'm afraid of the dark. I sleep with the tv on AND the kitchen light must also be on. I can't watch horror movies or creepy movies (i have nightmares). I'm afraid of spiral staircases.

Quirks: Let's see before going to sleep I must shut the closet door and look under the bed. I can only sleep on my right side or back (If I'm not able to see the door and the kitchen light if I sleep on my left side plus someone could "get me" in the middle of the night and i wouldn't see them coming).

I bite my nails and the skin around them. I chew the inside of my mouth.

I sit with one leg crossed over the other (am doing it right now).

All the canned goods and boxes in my pantry are lined up by height and eggs always go on the second self, right side (i've even been known to move them if they are not right).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2007, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImScared View Post
i have a seriously bad quirk.....i like to chew on my toe nails, i know it sounds bad but i just love it
Hell, you mofo is on crack!!!

Old 02-09-2007, 05:04 PM

986 posts, read 2,812,240 times
I have a huge fear of getting lost when I am driving somewhere. If there is a detour and I have to go another way, I have to pull over to the side of the road and call my husband, I panic!!! I am moving to Tucson in June and this is the only thing that I am worried about!!! I will need to get one of those navigators for my car. I am not sure if that will help my fear.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:01 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,785,203 times
I have some weird habits in the car while driving, if I am am planning to get coffee at McDonalds drive thru, I'll kill myself looking for my money in my purse while driving, it absolutely has to be in my hand a good 5 miles before I get there. If I am going to the bank drive thru, I have to have my deposit in my hand, not on the seat!, in my hand alomst all the way there and that is 8 miles. I wouldn't dream of pulling up th the MAC machine without my MAC card already in my hand for the last 5 miles, even if there is nobody behind me. I don't know what this is all about...

Old 02-12-2007, 03:33 AM

892 posts, read 2,374,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
I have some weird habits in the car while driving, if I am am planning to get coffee at McDonalds drive thru, I'll kill myself looking for my money in my purse while driving, it absolutely has to be in my hand a good 5 miles before I get there. If I am going to the bank drive thru, I have to have my deposit in my hand, not on the seat!, in my hand alomst all the way there and that is 8 miles. I wouldn't dream of pulling up th the MAC machine without my MAC card already in my hand for the last 5 miles, even if there is nobody behind me. I don't know what this is all about...
I think that is great for anyone who is behind you.
I hate going thru the bank drive thru and the person in front of me is sitting in their car filling out the deposits.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:13 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,734,604 times
I am scared of Ferris Wheels. Petrified of going to the dentist. Actually got out of the chair one time and left (the dr. and nurse were in a different cube at the time). There was a hole in my tooth but I didn't care.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:34 AM

185 posts, read 313,537 times
I have received a communication from the United Clown World Association.

Here you are:

Dear posters:

We want to complain about our poor image in this forum. Lots of people in this forum suffer clownphobia but, why? Clowns are professionals and good people. We aren't murderers or kidnappers and, in theory, our mission in this cruel world is just to make laugh.

So, why that lot of phobias for us?
Well, it's just a joke . But it's interesting to know the cause of this phobia. Maybe a terror film when we were children (with clown murderer in), or the sad feeling which clowns sometimes express in those old-fashioned circuses. Who knows!

Old 02-12-2007, 12:36 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,299,720 times
OMG, this thread is enlightening. I guess I'm not that strange after all.

Phobia - I hate to drive thru a tunnel, especially those that go underwater. You never know when that tunnel's going to let go and we'll drown. Or maybe a bomb will go off and the explosion will kill everyone in the tunnel. Could happen!

I don't like to swim in water over my head (yep - I almost drowned as a kid, too), but I'll go in a boat anywhere, anyday.

Quirk - whenever an ambulance or fire truck goes by, I have to say "go get 'em, guys". That gives them luck.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:13 PM

892 posts, read 2,374,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
OMG, this thread is enlightening. I guess I'm not that strange after all.

Phobia - I hate to drive thru a tunnel, especially those that go underwater. You never know when that tunnel's going to let go and we'll drown. Or maybe a bomb will go off and the explosion will kill everyone in the tunnel. Could happen!

I don't like to swim in water over my head (yep - I almost drowned as a kid, too), but I'll go in a boat anywhere, anyday.

Quirk - whenever an ambulance or fire truck goes by, I have to say "go get 'em, guys". That gives them luck.

Where can you drive thru a water tunnel??????? You could not pay me a billion dollars to do that!!

Old 02-12-2007, 02:34 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,164,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingfortheperfectplace View Post
Where can you drive thru a water tunnel??????? You could not pay me a billion dollars to do that!!
There are bridge tunnels all up and down the East coast. Like you I was a little skeptical till I saw them and went through a few.

Normally, there is a bridge that starts out across a bay and suddenly there's like a very large congrete tube that the highway goes into and you drop down and down and down, then level out for a bit and then start up the other end and finally pop out into the sunshine onto another bridge. These are made this way so that ships can pass over them without bothering them and you don't have to build an expensive bridge that needs constant maintenance that is costly.

Side note, I was in a bridge tunnel that a air craft carrier gunked during low tide. That was a little exciting. No leaks, no real damage, but rather a challenge mentally. haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics