Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 09:43 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,912,562 times

Advertisements

EXHDO1:
I'm afraid of corruptnj seeing this thread and posting about how corrupt NJ is. Also circus carneys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpiesMagpiesMagpies View Post
My phobia: people who walk around barefoot in public.

My strange quirk: I walk around barefoot in public.

Magpies

R O T F L M A F !!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2006, 10:21 AM

421 posts, read 470,054 times
Default corruptnj

I know exactly how that person feels...and i totally agree with them..It is a passion to let ppl know what's what. I am that passionate about gangsta rap and thugs destroying the USA...i can't help myself in trying to wake ppl up about it....so if someones posts annoy you...ignore it...don't taunt them by saying, you hope they don't come and post.

Old 09-13-2006, 08:02 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,912,562 times
Talking new cartoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWWAVES View Post
I know exactly how that person feels...and i totally agree with them..It is a passion to let ppl know what's what. I am that passionate about gangsta rap and thugs destroying the USA...i can't help myself in trying to wake ppl up about it....so if someones posts annoy you...ignore it...don't taunt them by saying, you hope they don't come and post.
Recently, while flipping thru the channels trying to find a non-violent cartoon for my kids, I came across a new cartoon. Ya ready for this one? The Thugaboos? I only watched it for a second or two so I may be a little off on the exact description. Cute little characters from "da hood" called little thugs.
Awwwww
I opted for Sesame Street.

Old 09-13-2006, 08:39 PM

183 posts, read 1,264,211 times
I'm with Steel Man being buried alive freaks me out. I am also extremely claustrophobic.

Strange quirks: when I drop a stuffed animal or doll that belongs to my children I tell it im sorry. Something I did when I was a kid and still do and I dont like things being upside down. I know I'm CRAZY!!!

Old 09-13-2006, 09:48 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,334,491 times
NewHomes: That's funny. You know which ones freak me out too, the Teletubbies and that new one Boobah....aaaggghh...they're freaks!!!!

Mom4: I don't think it's strange to say that...I've done it. I can't quite figure out whether I was telling my kids I was sorry for dropping their doll or actually talking to the doll.

But my two other weird quirks are this: I will say excuse me if I burp...even if I'm by myself (it's just such a habit)....and I say God Bless You to my dogs if they sneeze, always. (now the kids say it to them too)

Old 09-13-2006, 09:58 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,476,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
NewHomes: That's funny. You know which ones freak me out too, the Teletubbies and that new one Boobah....aaaggghh...they're freaks!!!!

Mom4: I don't think it's strange to say that...I've done it. I can't quite figure out whether I was telling my kids I was sorry for dropping their doll or actually talking to the doll.

But my two other weird quirks are this: I will say excuse me if I burp...even if I'm by myself (it's just such a habit)....and I say God Bless You to my dogs if they sneeze, always. (now the kids say it to them too)

Pixie me and you are in sync, I bless my dogs too after they sneeze

Old 09-13-2006, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
By the way... sorry to start a thread and run.... but I'm off for vacation for a few weeks. I guess this would be a good time to express my phobia of taking off, and landing, on the plane! CU all in 2!!

Me too, me too, me too, me too, me too.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
Hi.... just thought this might be another fun topic. What are your phobias and strange quirks?

Ok my phobias: Clowns, porcelain dolls, any realistic dolls or figures that mechanically move. For instance, my mom has an angel that is Barbie sized, that she puts out at Christmas. It has a tiny light in each hand, and moves back and forth. Since I was a kid, I always hated it, and to this day, my mom still has to disable the mechanical thing in it, so it just stands still. I hate that thing! I have a family of my own now, and they totally make fun of me for it!

Strange quirks.... Whenever I eat candy (which is once in a while)I always eat bitesized candy in even numbers. I have to have two tic tacs, or two tootsie rolls, or two pieces of licorace. I don't do this with all foods... just certain bitesized candies. I have no idea why I do it, and I have done this since I was a kid. I don't have any other minor compulsive things like this.... its seriously weird. I mean... why candy? I am happy to report that I don't have the urge to eat two full size candy bars when I have the occasional Snickers! If I did have this quirk with other foods, I would be as big as a house!

My husband's phobia is porcelain dolls and clowns , I had a couple and he kept shoving them in the back of my closet and I couldn't figure out what was going on until, I caught him doing it one day.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:16 PM

502 posts, read 2,297,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
My husband's phobia is porcelain dolls and clowns , I had a couple and he kept shoving them in the back of my closet and I couldn't figure out what was going on until, I caught him doing it one day.
That's a good Man. You should keep him.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
That's a good Man. You should keep him.
Yeah, he has his quirks but he's ok

He has wind chimes on the back of our bedroom door and he always locks it. He says if anyone trys to open the door the windchimes on the back of the door will make noise and the lock will stop them and that gives him a chance to grab his gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics