Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2015, 04:32 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,683,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Anaheim vs. Santa Ana? We are in the same county. We should want BOTH areas, which coincidentally are not seen as that much different by outsiders, to prosper, become cool, and rid themselves of gangs.
You're right. Most people see everything in Orange County as a sea of beige.

Old 02-22-2015, 04:44 PM

347 posts, read 670,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Anaheim vs. Santa Ana? We are in the same county. We should want BOTH areas, which coincidentally are not seen as that much different by outsiders, to prosper, become cool, and rid themselves of gangs.
Agreed. mbell goes to extreme lengths to argue.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:06 PM

4,475 posts, read 3,327,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
You think I grew up in Santa Ana? Or that I've ever even lived there? You seriously are completely delusional.

Anyways shall we look at what great great things happened in Anaheim since your amazing incorporation in 1876?

Well by 1940 Anaheim got up to a whole whopping population of 11,000. What a historic accomplishment. I'm sure there are tons of historic homes available. It must have been an absolute hotbed of culture and architecture attracting premier designers like Myron Hunt, Green & Green, Wright, Julia Morgan, etc. Oh wait... we're talking about Anaheim, which was an absolute nothing KKK laden hellhole full of orange groves and racists.

Disgusting.
Something is disgusting, but it isn't the historic homes of Anaheim.

You can find all kinds of interesting, significant homes in the Anaheim Historic Districts.

Old House discusses some of the areas in CA with important architecture and Anaheim is one of them. The are many important styles which include Craftsman, Craftsman Mission, Craftsman Chalet, Craftsman Bungalow, Classic California Bungalow, French Eclectic Revival, Colonial Revival, Asymmetrical Pueblo, Pueblo Revival, Asymmetrical Prairie, Queen Anne,

Old 02-22-2015, 05:18 PM

347 posts, read 670,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Let's not keep discussing this. He was responding to mbells critique about how Santa Ana doesn't have history. Anaheim has history. Santa Ana has history. Fullerton and Orange have history.

The one thing we can agree on is mbell has some disgusting obsession about talking s*** on Santa Ana.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
If you think that's what the "disgusting" comment was referring to, maybe you should look into your reading comprehension skills. Based on your replies I take it you are like mbell and quite proud of Anaheim destroying it's downtown and bulldozing all those buildings.

With regards to the historic homes in Anaheim, yes I am quite aware they exist. Just like they do in Orange and, wait for it... Santa Ana!

Homes for sale/sold on redfin built prior to 1940.

Santa Ana: 3490
Anaheim: 1330
Orange: 1042
Tustin: 166

For comparison:
Pasadena: 10,620
Berkeley: 10,910

Last edited by HyperionGap; 02-22-2015 at 06:08 PM..

Old 02-23-2015, 11:40 AM

4,475 posts, read 3,327,602 times
Quote:
If you think that's what the "disgusting" comment was referring to, maybe you should look into your reading comprehension skills. Based on your replies I take it you are like mbell and quite proud of Anaheim destroying it's downtown and bulldozing all those buildings.

With regards to the historic homes in Anaheim, yes I am quite aware they exist. Just like they do in Orange and, wait for it... Santa Ana!

Homes for sale/sold on redfin built prior to 1940.

Santa Ana: 3490
Anaheim: 1330
Orange: 1042
Tustin: 166

For comparison:
Pasadena: 10,620
Berkeley: 10,910
Ah I see, it is only quantity to that matters to you, so smaller areas like Ojai, La Jolla and Carmel, as mentioned in the Old House article, don't matter.

My reading comprehension is fine, but I wonder if you can read at all since you don't seem to bother reading references. The Anaheim Historic Districts prevent the bulldozing of significant, historical buildings. If you ARE able to read and know what hyperlinks are you may read the ACC Plan.

My mother's family has lived in a historic house in Santa Ana since 1927. Her 92 year old sister is the current occupant. Her old neighbor and Santa Ana High School classmate from the class of 1940, Hank Segerstrom just passed away a few days ago.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Ah I see, it is only quantity to that matters to you, so smaller areas like Ojai, La Jolla and Carmel, as mentioned in the Old House article, don't matter.

My reading comprehension is fine, but I wonder if you can read at all since you don't seem to bother reading references. The Anaheim Historic Districts prevent the bulldozing of significant, historical buildings. If you ARE able to read and know what hyperlinks are you may read the ACC Plan.
Still ignoring what happened to the downtown I see. That's cool. I would be very embarrassed if my hometown demoed it's historic core also.

Clearly the city is very proud of its historic neighborhoods. It's only taken until 2010 to come up with a preservation plan. Anaheim: the pioneer of historic preservation. Creating an architectural Mecca in a sea of beige. Since 2010!(*cough* please ignore the fact we ripped out the heart of our city 40 years ago)
Quote:
My mother's family has lived in a historic house in Santa Ana since 1927. Her 92 year old sister is the current occupant. Her old neighbor and Santa Ana High School classmate from the class of 1940, Hank Segerstrom just passed away a few days ago.
Uhh.. Ok? Would you like a cookie? Pat on the head maybe? Gold star?

Old 02-23-2015, 12:13 PM

117 posts, read 239,464 times
I am against Santa Ana improving. We need places like Santa Ana to stay ghetto so people who bus our tables and wash our cars can have an affordable place to live. Much to my relief, I was in Santa Ana this weekend and it hasn't gotten any cooler or safer since 5 years ago I visited it.

We need places like Anaheim too. We want to promote upper mobility. In time, the bus boy might become the takeout coordinator. With the 3 dollars increase above the minimum wage, he might want to move his family to Anaheim where the happiest place in the world exists. It's still dumpy but at least there are daily free fireworks at 9pm.

Last edited by jamsifoes; 02-23-2015 at 12:21 PM..

Old 02-23-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsifoes View Post
I am against Santa Ana improving. We need places like Santa Ana to stay ghetto so people who bus our tables and wash our cars can have an affordable place to live. Much to my relief, I was in Santa Ana this weekend and it hasn't gotten any cooler or safer since 5 years ago I visited it.
Yeah I'll bet you were beaten to a pulp and mugged after demanding that the lowlife plebian behind the counter call you master and kiss your feet when you made your order.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:34 PM

117 posts, read 239,464 times
Quote:
Yeah I'll bet you were beaten to a pulp and mugged after demanding that the lowlife plebian behind the counter call you master and kiss your feet when you made your order.
And what did they say about violence in Santa Ana? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County