Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2015, 07:20 PM

347 posts, read 672,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Cat View Post
Urban Planner, that graphic of yearly crime statistics caused me to have a great chuckle. Nice work, this something I would do!
Thanks dude!

Old 02-16-2015, 07:22 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,571,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Planner View Post
blah blah blah blah blah. You talk to much mbell.

Santa Ana crime has drastically decreased from the 90's. Whether you wanna believe it or not ain't my problem.

Straight from the FBI site:

From a recent OC Register article on increase in property crime due to jail realignment:

Then this article was a 2014 update on realignment impacts. Santa Ana crime still continued to decrease.

You're full of cow manure mbell. Besides, you should have a good idea of how living in Santa Ana is since you live in Anaheim. Crime is practically the same.
So now you are changing your argument? First you said "It's really a fantastic story to have the drop of crime it has had over the course of 15 years starting the year 2000". Now you are changing it by going back to 1991? Looking at your info, the violent crime total was 1,829 in 2000. It rose about that in 01, 02, and 04-07. Murder in 2000 was 17. It rose above that number in 01, 02, 04, and 06-10. Again, numbers did NOT decline since 2000. Nice try though LOL Oh and lets not forget the 15 murders last year which was more than the other 33 OC cities COMBINED and the 8 shootings already this year alone.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
So now you are changing your argument? First you said "It's really a fantastic story to have the drop of crime it has had over the course of 15 years starting the year 2000". Now you are changing it by going back to 1991? Looking at your info, the violent crime total was 1,829 in 2000. It rose about that in 01, 02, and 04-07. Murder in 2000 was 17. It rose above that number in 01, 02, 04, and 06-10. Again, numbers did NOT decline since 2000. Nice try though LOL Oh and lets not forget the 15 murders last year which was more than the other 33 OC cities COMBINED and the 8 shootings already this year alone.
Do you need some ice for that burn mbell? Looks like now your wordsmithing because you knew you just got put in your place! Numbers don't lie! The crime from the most recent FBI data (2012) is lower than it was in 2000! If you wanna play wordsmithing, I can play it too!

Even if someone puts a graphic in front of your face that shows how low crime in Santa Ana is you still find a way to blatantly ignore it!

Did you see the one with the crazy amount of property crime for Anaheim? Since you live in Anaheim, I knew you would find it lovely!

FACT OF THE MATTER IS, SANTA ANA IS ONE OF THE SAFEST LARGE CITIES IN 'MURICA!

Old 02-16-2015, 09:12 PM

115 posts, read 193,087 times
Quote:
It's really a fantastic story to have the drop of crime it has had over the course of 15 years starting the year 2000. In addition, to have a much larger city yetit be safer than when the city used to be a third of its size today is crazy.
C'mon Mbell, Urban Planner original posted his comment in response to mine and I understood that he was referring to peak crime periods of the 80's and 90's. Especially since he stated that the city had a third less population, yet had less crime now than then.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:31 PM

109 posts, read 143,331 times
Mbell, he means the OVERALL numbers of crime and average is lower today on average than it was throughout the 90s. I mean, that's pretty easy to understand....

Old 02-16-2015, 11:21 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,571,746 times
Quote:
FACT OF THE MATTER IS, SANTA ANA IS ONE OF THE SAFEST LARGE CITIES IN 'MURICA!
LOL, just stop man, you make yourself look silly as you keep claiming Santa Ana is some amazing place to be and some safe city. No one in this forum cares about the rest of America. They care about OC. Everyone knows you work for the city or own businesses there. What is the definition of a "large" city anyways? 50k? 100k? 200k? Bottom line is the crime in Santa Ana is the worst in the county, worse than 33 other OC cities. In many cases, its worse than the other 33 COMBINED. Here you go, these are just the stories that made the news in the last month in Santa Ana. If I extended it out to the past two months, I could add another 5-6 shooting stories. Oh and lets not forget the court ordered gang injunctions (last article) facing Santa Ana because of the massive gang problem that still exists, even after the sweep a year and a half ago. Safe city LOL!!

Man hospitalized after he's shot three times in Santa Ana - Crime Blog: Orange County Register
Police investigating shooting in Santa Ana; man hospitalized- Crime Blog: Orange County Register
Suspected gang member injures 3 in Santa Ana with single shotgun blast - The Orange County Register
Caught on Video: Robber in Wrestling Mask Holds Up Santa Ana Liquor Store | KTLA
Man hurt in shooting at Santa Ana mobile home park- Crime Blog: Orange County Register
Man with shotgun chasing woman in Santa Ana prompts helicopter, SWAT search- Crime Blog: Orange County Register
Shooting victim calls Santa Ana Police for help - MyNewsLA.com
Police: 2 men expected to survive after unrelated Santa Ana shootings- Crime Blog: Orange County Register
Armed Robber Flees Santa Ana Store With Cash Register « CBS Los Angeles
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/s...lice-male.html
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/g...ghborhood.html

Last edited by dexter14; 02-16-2015 at 11:39 PM..

Old 02-17-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
LOL, just stop man, you make yourself look silly as you keep claiming Santa Ana is some amazing place to be and some safe city. No one in this forum cares about the rest of America. They care about OC. Everyone knows you work for the city or own businesses there. What is the definition of a "large" city anyways? 50k? 100k? 200k? Bottom line is the crime in Santa Ana is the worst in the county, worse than 33 other OC cities.
Wow, that post just made you look absolutely crazy. I feel so bad for you, all that rage you're building up. Although to be fair, i'll continue to add to your rage.

See that image below? Santa Ana and Anaheim are about the same, although Anaheim has crazy amounts of property crime... knowing you live in Anaheim there you go.

What are you gunna say now mbell?

Old 02-17-2015, 11:25 AM

4,475 posts, read 3,352,621 times
Quote:
Naaaa, I just really like math. Did you see those percentages? I did them on paper too!
I believe the expression is, "There are lies, damned lies and Statistics. Any percent drop in violent crime is pretty meaningless when a place is still the most violent place in the county.

Quote:
See that image below? Santa Ana and Anaheim are about the same, although Anaheim has crazy amounts of property crime... knowing you live in Anaheim there you go.
Santa Ana & Anaheim may be close in total number, but given Anaheim's larger population, Santa Ana is still about 25% more violent than Anaheim, which isn't good either compared to other cities in Orange County.

No one is more thrilled than me to see Santa Ana making a comeback, but you have to deal with the reality that it is still the most violent place in Orange County.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
I believe the expression is, "There are lies, damned lies and Statistics. Any percent drop in violent crime is pretty meaningless when a place is still the most violent place in the county.
Sure, I love the way you phrase that. I'll give you this then, Irvine is the most dangerous city south of the 55. So you better watch out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Santa Ana & Anaheim may be close in total number, but given Anaheim's larger population, Santa Ana is still about 25% more violent than Anaheim, which isn't good either compared to other cities in Orange County.

No one is more thrilled than me to see Santa Ana making a comeback, but you have to deal with the reality that it is still the most violent place in Orange County.
Anaheim has roughly 10K more than Santa Ana, but it's not 25% more "dangerous." Some things are higher and some things are lower just as you saw on the property crime statistic. Although to be honest, Santa Ana probably has a lot more people that didn't report themselves on the census due to their status in the country.

Yeah, of course you will always have 1 city taking the top spot for most crime in Orange County. But put that into perspective. Having the most crime in OC isn't the same as having the most crime in LA, Riverside, San Bernadino, or frankly anywhere else in this country. OC is really an oddball in any metro areas because of how safe it is. Including it's two most "dangerous" cities which would be safe cities in ANY place you plop them in.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:19 PM

4,475 posts, read 3,352,621 times
Quote:
Yeah, of course you will always have 1 city taking the top spot for most crime in Orange County. But put that into perspective. Having the most crime in OC isn't the same as having the most crime in LA, Riverside, San Bernadino, or frankly anywhere else in this country. OC is really an oddball in any metro areas because of how safe it is. Including it's two most "dangerous" cities which would be safe cities in ANY place you plop them in.
So because Santa Ana doesn't have as many murders as Oakland isn't something to cheer about or a reason to visit Santa Ana.

And really, Santa Ana & Anaheim would be safe cities in North Dakota? Vermont? Idaho?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County