Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2015, 12:43 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,572,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Planner View Post
Wow, that post just made you look absolutely crazy. I feel so bad for you, all that rage you're building up. Although to be fair, i'll continue to add to your rage.

See that image below? Santa Ana and Anaheim are about the same, although Anaheim has crazy amounts of property crime... knowing you live in Anaheim there you go.

What are you gunna say now mbell?
I can't believe Im actually going to defend Anaheim here but here you go. Lets take a look at current, real world comparisons, not just raw stats several years old. Google Santa Ana Crime, click "news" and take a look at the first 2 pages here. I see at least 8 stories on violent crime in Santa Ana. Shootings, stabbings, robberies, gang injunctions...

https://www.google.com/#q=santa+ana+crime&tbm=nws

Now Google Anaheim crime and click "news" and what do you see? I see ONE story and its an older home burglary story.

https://www.google.com/#q=anaheim+crime&tbm=nws

Please tell us again how safe Santa Ana is LOL! There hasn't been any major violent crimes in Anaheim this year. Meanwhile, Santa Ana has already had 8 shootings, two stabbings and a ton of armed robberies. Nice try though

Old 02-17-2015, 01:50 PM

347 posts, read 673,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Now Google Anaheim crime and click "news" and what do you see? I see ONE story and its an older home burglary story.
Mbell: "Statistics from the FBI don't matter, only what the OC Register likes to report counts!"

First time someone has used the amount of stories instead of factual data to support crime arguments. Amazing.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
So because Santa Ana doesn't have as many murders as Oakland isn't something to cheer about or a reason to visit Santa Ana.
You don't have to come if you don't want to. I'm not worried. If being safer than other large cities doesn't matter to you, then so be it.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Mbell: "Statistics from the FBI don't matter, only what the OC Register likes to report counts!"

First time someone has used the amount of stories instead of factual data to support crime arguments. Amazing.
Find something newer than 2012 statistics. Santa Ana crime escalated badly last year with over 80 shootings, 15 homicides and dozens of stabbings. Its by far the most violent of any OC city. Off to a great start this year too! It may not be as bad as it was, but its still the most violent city in all of OC and is nowhere close to the amazing, safe place you claim it is.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Find something newer than 2012 statistics. Santa Ana crime escalated badly last year with over 80 shootings, 15 homicides and dozens of stabbings. By far the most of any OC city. Off to a great start this year too! It may not be as bad as it was, but its still the most violent city in all of OC and is nowhere close to the amazing, safe place you claim it is.

Boom. Read the article chump. Violent crime DECREASED for Santa Ana. You like pulling amount of shootings out of thin air?

Old 02-17-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Boom. Read the article chump. Violent crime DECREASED for Santa Ana. You like pulling amount of shootings out of thin air?
Santa Ana had 6 homicides in 2012, 8 in 2013 and 15 last year. Im no math expert, but that looks like an INCREASE. So robberies and assaults dropped a bit, big deal. There are still plenty of shootings, stabbings and as we can see, murders.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Santa Ana had 6 homicides in 2012, 8 in 2013 and 15 last year. Im no math expert, but that looks like an INCREASE. So robberies and assaults dropped a bit, big deal. There are still plenty of shootings, stabbings and as we can see, murders.
Poor you. You just don't get it. Violent Crime is a combo of murders and everything else that involves threats. So yeah, homicides increased, but everything else decreased dramatically that it totally offset the increase in homicides.

You m'am, need to go to school.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Poor you. You just don't get it. Violent Crime is a combo of murders and everything else that involves threats. So yeah, homicides increased, but everything else decreased dramatically that it totally offset the increase in homicides.

You m'am, need to go to school.
Did it? You have proof of that? All I have seen are stats from 2012. I mean, who cares about MURDERS when robberies and assaults are down right?...Oh and Im a male lol

Old 02-17-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Did it? You have proof of that? All I have seen are stats from 2012...Oh and Im a male lol
Proof of what? The definition of Violent crime? hahaha.

or proof that crime continues to decrease?

You don't read posts thoroughly do you? Fact of the matter is, it don't matter what you think. No matter how low crime gets in SNA, you crazy minority will always hate for whatever reason. Maybe you're missing something in your life? Who knows.

People with a life will continue to go to Santa Ana, whether you want it or not.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
See that image below? Santa Ana and Anaheim are about the same, although Anaheim has crazy amounts of property crime... knowing you live in Anaheim there you go.
So much nonsense to read thru I didn't even see this the first time. You DO know why property crimes are so high in Anaheim right? Please tell me you are not this dim. There is this thing called Disneyland that attracts over 22 MILLION visitors a year. Property crime includes vehicles and do you know how many vehicles are broken into at Disneyland, hotel parking lots, Angel stadium parking lot, Honda Center parking lot? Quite a few are committed by actual tourists too but crime reports don't separate crimes committed by a tourist and a crime committed by a local resident. Learn something new everyday don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County