Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 02:27 AM

30 posts, read 66,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
I'm sure you're the only well traveled person on this thread, and that we all need to be enlightened by the your global adventures. Do tell.

Anyways, everything has its context. We are discussing 'urban' within the framework that is Southern California, not Tokyo, Manhattan or Paris. Just the same way that our suburban model can't be compared to the Midwest, where they feel more like ranches in California due to the amount of land/space they have. If that doesn't sit well with you, fine, but move on...you're coming off as highly redundant.
It doesn't really matter, there is nothing urban about SA and it's downtown area. If that doesn't sit well with you, find, but move on...

There's only a few Central and North OC cities I'd live in, and SA and Buena Park is definitely not on the list. There just too Moderator cut: cut word for me...

Last edited by bhcompy; 04-13-2015 at 11:53 PM..

Old 04-12-2015, 09:38 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,497,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Tiny OC? Its the 6th largest county in the country and more populated than half the STATES in the US. Tiny, lol
But in land mass, only 789 sq mi, not all of it inhabited. A fair chunk of it is backcountry.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:17 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,497,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Planner View Post
It's a selling point, just like Arte Moreno and his "LA Angels of Anaheim." Instead of limiting yourself to 340K you reach 3 million people.
It's still stupid......

Old 04-12-2015, 12:36 PM

162 posts, read 232,488 times
I came here to OC about 9 months ago as a total outsider, I didn't know anything about this place at all, and I have to say I've found Santa Ana to be pretty chill. Maybe because I wasn't around to hear all the horror stories in the 90's my perception wasn't colored, but I pass through Santa Ana and see houses with lawns, multiple cars in the driveway, tree-lined streets...this doesn't really qualify as "ghetto" in my book.

Although I have heard from some people who actually do live there that it is a bit "ghetto" in some of the cheaper sections but they don't care because they don't have kids and don't want to pay higher rents.

Granted I don't live there, nor will I given the state of the public school system, but overall I think it's been given a raw deal. I know what it feels like to live in a place that other people consider a dump when you yourself know that there's not really THAT much wrong with it.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:01 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,496,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewdestunitmover View Post
It doesn't really matter, there is nothing urban about SA and it's downtown area. If that doesn't sit well with you, find, but move on...

There's only a few Central and North OC cities I'd live in, and SA and Buena Park is definitely not on the list. There just too ghetto for me...
Within the same post you both subjectively decide your terms for urbanity (without context) and ghetto. Makes me wonder if you know what either of those terms actually mean, both within their historical form and their modern one. It's a challenge to take you seriously.

Either way, I welcome you to stay on topic and actually contribute to this thread, if youre interested.

Moderator cut: Locking thread. No longer productive.

Last edited by bhcompy; 04-13-2015 at 11:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County