Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2015, 09:58 PM

4 posts, read 5,440 times

Advertisements

? Nothing is scary about it being cool

Old 03-02-2015, 12:39 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,552,034 times
...meanwhile, yet another shooting in Santa Ana last night at a steakhouse. 4 people with guns, 1 dead, 4 sent to the hospital including innocent bystanders trying to help. This is the 4th shooting in Santa Ana in just the last week! Yep, REAL cool place to live!

Santa Ana restaurant shooting: 1 killed, 4 transported | abc7.com

Old 03-02-2015, 07:50 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,478,264 times
So cool if you are from Tijuana.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:16 PM

347 posts, read 669,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
...meanwhile, yet another shooting in Santa Ana last night at a steakhouse. 4 people with guns, 1 dead, 4 sent to the hospital
No one ever said crime had been eradicated. Besides, this was a sketchy bar on the Tustin border.

Is this supposed to make everyone want to move out? Nope.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:17 PM

347 posts, read 669,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieFolk View Post
? Nothing is scary about it being cool
I agree, but there's folks all over the place that are. mbell is a great example, she's terrified about good news coming out of Santa Ana.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:37 PM

109 posts, read 142,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Planner View Post
I agree, but there's folks all over the place that are. mbell is a great example, she's terrified about good news coming out of Santa Ana.
This is funny for some reason...

Old 03-02-2015, 09:18 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,552,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
So cool if you are from Tijuana.
Thats an insult to Tijuana. Tijuana has a much better downtown!

Old 03-04-2015, 10:27 AM

5 posts, read 4,679 times
Wow, a whole lot of people talking crap about a place that they don't even live in.

I DO live in Santa Ana (Mabury Park area), and I'm thrilled at the improvements in downtown.

We've owned our house here for 10 years, and seen a lot of changes that you could only see if you were actually living within the area. Our neighborhood when we moved in was comprised of two sorts of people: old white people who have been living here for 40 years, and huge immigrant families (sometimes 10-12 people in a 3-bedroom house). I'm seeing a massive shift in the last 2-3 years of fewer huge families and more young couples -- I see so many more baby carriages than I used to! And a lot more indication of yuppie-types -- people jogging during the day, much nicer cars, people walking purebred dogs, etc. It's all small stuff, but when you see it all adding up, it means something.

Now, admittedly, I don't live in one of the really ghetto areas -- living on the edge of Tustin means that it's a fairly decent neighborhood compared to other parts of Santa Ana. But we're definitely seeing an improvement in the overall vibe of our neighborhood, and I'm all for it. I guess I'm supposed to feel bad that the poor people may get pushed out, but I can't shed a tear too much if it means that crime will be reduced, and the neighborhood will be cleaner and safer...and that my property values will go up. After the hit we took after the real estate market crashed, I'd be happy if we eventually got back to the price point that we bought at...

Old 03-04-2015, 01:06 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,679,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_jo View Post
Wow, a whole lot of people talking crap about a place that they don't even live in.

I DO live in Santa Ana (Mabury Park area), and I'm thrilled at the improvements in downtown.

We've owned our house here for 10 years, and seen a lot of changes that you could only see if you were actually living within the area. Our neighborhood when we moved in was comprised of two sorts of people: old white people who have been living here for 40 years, and huge immigrant families (sometimes 10-12 people in a 3-bedroom house). I'm seeing a massive shift in the last 2-3 years of fewer huge families and more young couples -- I see so many more baby carriages than I used to! And a lot more indication of yuppie-types -- people jogging during the day, much nicer cars, people walking purebred dogs, etc. It's all small stuff, but when you see it all adding up, it means something.

Now, admittedly, I don't live in one of the really ghetto areas -- living on the edge of Tustin means that it's a fairly decent neighborhood compared to other parts of Santa Ana. But we're definitely seeing an improvement in the overall vibe of our neighborhood, and I'm all for it. I guess I'm supposed to feel bad that the poor people may get pushed out, but I can't shed a tear too much if it means that crime will be reduced, and the neighborhood will be cleaner and safer...and that my property values will go up. After the hit we took after the real estate market crashed, I'd be happy if we eventually got back to the price point that we bought at...
Ignore the Debbie downers. Some people just always need something to complain about.

Old 03-04-2015, 03:11 PM

4,475 posts, read 3,322,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_jo View Post

We've owned our house here for 10 years, and seen a lot of changes that you could only see if you were actually living within the area. Our neighborhood when we moved in was comprised of two sorts of people: old white people who have been living here for 40 years, and huge immigrant families.....
But why do you identify 'older white people', but not 'huge brown families'?

Wouldn't it have just been better to say 'Our neighborhood when we moved in was comprised of two sorts of people: long term residents who have been living here for 40 years, and huge families of new arrivals'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County